Login

russian armor

More durability for light tanks

15 Aug 2015, 03:06 AM
Patrion 27

Give the T70 400 hp and call it day. the rest of the light vehicles are fine (besides the WC51 Jeep and the M3 half-track but those are USF therefore they are required to suck balls."
aaa
15 Aug 2015, 04:20 AM

thread is about light tanks not vehicles
15 Aug 2015, 04:47 AM
Donator 11

If so, how about poor 222 ? :foreveralone:

Imagine what would happen if you buff the 222 more? Think about the USF
15 Aug 2015, 05:47 AM

Permanently Banned

I said 2 shots. Your replies are a reading comprehension issue.

All light tanks survive 2 AT gun hits . You dont need more

Like i honestly cant remember when i lost a light tank to an AT gun. Get sweepers, Dont drive through choke points (even when chasing a retreating squad), dont overextend into the FOW if you dont know whats there, and dont overstay your welcome.

By all means, continue to insult me for no reason. This whole thread, as i see it, is a l2p issue.

15 Aug 2015, 06:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

usually more like 4 since they don't usually start on cooldown.

T0: shoot. First hit
T4: shoot second hit
T9: shoot 3rd hit dead.

+9s
15 Aug 2015, 06:38 AM
Patrion 28

T0: shoot. First hit
T4: shoot second hit
T9: shoot 3rd hit dead.

+9s

ah, you're referring to the lusch/stuart. i thought we were talking about the t70.
15 Aug 2015, 07:18 AM

You need to be careful giving more health to light tanks in this current patch. The window of use that light tanks have allows them to have a massive impact on the early game.

Giving the T70 more health, for example, makes it a even deadlier, maybe on the border of overpowered considering its kill potential and added survivability.
15 Aug 2015, 07:48 AM

All light tanks survive 2 AT gun hits . You dont need more

Like i honestly cant remember when i lost a light tank to an AT gun. Get sweepers, Dont drive through choke points (even when chasing a retreating squad), dont overextend into the FOW if you dont know whats there, and dont overstay your welcome.

By all means, continue to insult me for no reason. This whole thread, as i see it, is a l2p issue.

Epic fail. Scotts, T70s, skirted M8s, and all 3 AA halftracks get 2 shotted. Stuart was 2 shotted until very recently. The only one I was wrong about was Luchs dying in two shots, something else must have shot it off screen. I was competing at a decent level in coh1 before I even took time to study up on the higher level meta game just because I was out microing most the people I played at around 70apm on a notebook running the game at 20fps. TL;DR my micro > yours.
15 Aug 2015, 07:58 AM
Patrion 14

Epic fail. Scotts, T70s, skirted M8s, and all 3 AA halftracks get 2 shotted. Stuart was 2 shotted until very recently. The only one I was wrong about was Luchs dying in two shots, something else must have shot it off screen. I was competing at a decent level in coh1 before I even took time to study up on the higher level meta game just because I was out microing most the people I played at around 70apm on a notebook running the game at 20fps. TL;DR my micro > yours and most likely anyone else in this thread that told me to improve my micro.

Cough, T70 can survive 2 shots with the usage of crew repairs. Also, AAHTs are by definition not light tanks, and Scotts are mobile mortars, not tanks.

Light armor is perfectly survivable as is. Maybe T70 could use a buff to 400HP, but I doubt it.
15 Aug 2015, 08:01 AM

Cough, T70 can survive 2 shots with the usage of crew repairs. Also, AAHTs are by definition not light tanks, and Scotts are mobile mortars, not tanks.

Light armor is perfectly survivable as is. Maybe T70 could use a buff to 400, but I doubt it.
Shouldn't have said "tanks" in the title, but if you pay attention I even mention Quad in OP. I'm talking about vehicles that come around 6-9 minutes because they take a considerable fuel investment and losing them early can be really crippling (especially in 1v1). The super early cars (222, M3, Jeep, etc.) come way early and cost less, so those getting 2 shotted is fine.
15 Aug 2015, 08:31 AM

Permanently Banned

Epic fail. Scotts, T70s, skirted M8s, and all 3 AA halftracks get 2 shotted. Stuart was 2 shotted until very recently. The only one I was wrong about was Luchs dying in two shots, something else must have shot it off screen. I was competing at a decent level in coh1 before I even took time to study up on the higher level meta game just because I was out microing most the people I played at around 70apm on a notebook running the game at 20fps. TL;DR my micro > yours.

Didnt know all 3 halftracks were light tanks, thanks for enlightenment. Why are you mentioning that the stuart gets 2 shotted when it doesnt anymore?

I dont give a fuck how "good" you think you are. You are obviously exaggerating if you struggle to micro light "tanks". I dont think you are a bad player, so stop attacking me. It just, in this instance, you dont know what the fuck you are talking about.

Thread summary: I consider light vehicles tanks and cant micro them so i made a thread expressing my micro issues. Dont disagree with me, cus then ill explain how better i am than you whilst, again, failing to micro them in the best light vehicle patch to-date.
15 Aug 2015, 08:40 AM

Didnt know all 3 halftracks were light tanks, thanks for enlightenment. Why are you mentioning that the stuart gets 2 shotted when it doesnt anymore?

I dont give a fuck how "good" you think you are. You are obviously exaggerating if you struggle to micro light "tanks". I dont think you are a bad player, so stop attacking me. It just, in this instance, you dont know what the fuck you are talking about.

Thread summary: I consider light vehicles tanks and cant micro them so i made a thread expressing my micro issues. Dont disagree with me, cus then ill explain how better i am than you whilst, again, failing to micro them in the best light vehicle patch to-date.

I never thought I would ever agree with QR on the forums but this is quite on point :hansGASM:
15 Aug 2015, 11:45 AM

Imagine what would happen if you buff the 222 more? Think about the USF

What do you think will happen to poor 222, ostheer in general and OKW Puma if only allied light vehicles get buffed?

Early allied domination galore?

USF still has stuart, that can fight puma with vet 0 stun and laughs at puny 222:foreveralone:
15 Aug 2015, 13:12 PM
Donator 11

What do you think will happen to poor 222, ostheer in general and OKW Puma if only allied light vehicles get buffed?

Early allied domination galore?

USF still has stuart, that can fight puma with vet 0 stun and laughs at puny 222:foreveralone:

are you seriously saying that the Stuart is OP?
15 Aug 2015, 13:21 PM

are you seriously saying that the Stuart is OP?

The Stuart isn't OP, but it is in the best position it has ever been.

Most of this thread seems to be L2P issues. Halftracks are very cheap so them dying in two AT gun hits is fine, all the light tanks that require actual fuel invest take 3 AT gun hits to kill.
15 Aug 2015, 15:30 PM

Reading comprehension fail, again and again. For the 3rd time, the majority of mid game vehicles get 2 shotted. I even mentioned Quad in the OP, so if you couldn't pick up on the fact that by "light tanks" I was talking about mid game vehicles, it should have been extremely fucking obvious when I included a halftrack as an example. Reading comprehension fail #2 you said I was not microing units well because I allowed them to die in 3 hits, even though in OP I said I was killing these units with 2 hits (with the exception of T70 which I said I lost, but I was right about it getting 2 shotted.) If you come in to someones thread saying "micro better" or whatever when you completely failed at reading every post, you're going to get put in your place. Notice its only you.
15 Aug 2015, 15:37 PM
Donator 11

Luchs, Scott, T70, Stuart, etc. They have some good killing potential, but need to stand up slightly better to AT imo. Gettin two shotted by Zis and Paks is a bit too harsh, they should survive just a little bit longer so that they have maybe 10-20% hp left after a second hit. If you drive in to an AT guns arc at all it is usually dead unless you were driving across it at full speed, because even with instant reaction to seeing it, it can get off two shots before you can change direction or drive through it a lot of the times. Basically it should take a little bit more active effort to kill them, right now the burden falls more on the person trying to keep it alive because they die as quickly as infantry died to FHT during the beta glory days.

For when they hit the field the super early game vehicles (Kubel, M3, etc) have a similar life expectancy if not better. Of course you can keep them alive a very long time if you only passively use them to target the solo squads that are trying to back cap you, but using them in flanking timing pushes is almost too high risk, because one surprise ATG in a place you weren't expecting it will get off the second shot more often than not even when you immediately react to it.

Not saying that overall they are underpowered because some of them (Quad, T70, Luchs) are way too efficient at just driving on a capping squad and killing it 90% of the time in retreat, but thats another topic and I'll address that later.

I don't think giving them more health would do anything but make light tanks -> heavy tanks, 3 shots is quite a bit when you think of the meta mid game.
-Imagine having 2 Paks/ 2 Zis's waiting for an enemy tank to roll in, with 1 volley you have the element of suprise, 2 volleys not really. Light vehicles would never die if you micro'd them correctly.
-You'd literally have to: volley (2 At's), snare with infantry, reposition At, volley once again. That's overkill due to the fact noone builds 2 At guns normally early-mid game.
-Lights would last foreverrrr, plus you couldn't just keep chasing for the kill, a vet player would have small arms just waiting for your At support.
15 Aug 2015, 15:50 PM
Donator 11

The Stuart isn't OP, but it is in the best position it has ever been.

Most of this thread seems to be L2P issues. Halftracks are very cheap so them dying in two AT gun hits is fine, all the light tanks that require actual fuel invest take 3 AT gun hits to kill.

3 At guns to kill a stuart? Sigh
15 Aug 2015, 16:08 PM

Permanently Banned
If you come in to someones thread saying "micro better" or whatever when you completely failed at reading every post, you're going to get put in your place. Notice its only you.

You want light vehicles to be more survivable because you cant micro. so..... micro better.

This will be my final post. This thread, as i see it, is a l2p issue and should die.
15 Aug 2015, 17:52 PM

Reading comprehension fail, again and again. For the 3rd time, the majority of mid game vehicles get 2 shotted. I even mentioned Quad in the OP, so if you couldn't pick up on the fact that by "light tanks" I was talking about mid game vehicles, it should have been extremely fucking obvious when I included a halftrack as an example. Reading comprehension fail #2 you said I was not microing units well because I allowed them to die in 3 hits, even though in OP I said I was killing these units with 2 hits (with the exception of T70 which I said I lost, but I was right about it getting 2 shotted.) If you come in to someones thread saying "micro better" or whatever when you completely failed at reading every post, you're going to get put in your place. Notice its only you.

Halftrucks are dirty cheap arrive too fast and are not LIGHT TANKS nor COST 70 FUEL (luchs cost the samre if we count penalty) + they can also reinforce on field and wipe retreating squads fairly well

USF halftruck is more supresion platform and becuase it move backwards it is easy to eskape with it (less pathing isues) nad also you wont to cover it with rifles

m20 will always beat unprotected pack due smoe and speed

And clow car or 222s are not meant lol rush paks in their firing zone :hansRNG:

I MUST :hansGASM: AGREE WITH QR :hansGASM: this is L2 issue light tanks and light vehilces are fine

#ADAPT :snfBarton:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS