Login

russian armor

5 things that are destroying balance right now

13 Jun 2013, 05:48 AM

Hey, I've been playing alot of 1v1s lately and this is my main 5 gripes with balance in coh2 specifically with 1v1s. As a result of these balance issues I have to put the matchup in favor of Soviets instead of Ostheer. When Soviets goes 1 particular strategy and executes it well it is almost impossible to stop as Ostheer. Here is my list:

• Pak 40 Sucks!!!

T34s laughs at the pak 40, in fact T34s counters the pak 40. Once the T34 gets behind the pak 40 it is over. Add to that the fact that the pak 40 takes 4 shots to kill the T34, costs more than the T34 (manpower wise) and has an accuracy of 50%. This is the only legitimate counter that Ostheer has to armour and it sucks really bad. Panzershrecks get crushed by tanks, German armour gets rammed... Either buff its range, damage and accuracy or give it a cloak shot.

• T34 spam is OP!!!

They come out way too fast, and dirt cheap if you have the fuel. They have some crazy effectiveness vs infantry, they can easily snipe 2 guys at once and can crush the rest with its high accelleration. Their gun is kinda meh against tanks. But it don't matter since they have this 'I win' button with ram against any kind of tanks. There's not many counters for Ostheer against multiple T34s.

• Conscript spam is OP

Conscripts are too cost effective and vet up too quickly when combined with hit the dirt and ppshs. Everytime I get behind as ostheer it is almost impossible to come back on the map because a few conscripts can hit the dirt at your cutoff severely delaying you. It also costs alot of munitions to get them to leave, and once they left another conscript squad hits the dirt and takes it place. And conscripts have really low upkeep and are dirt cheap to rebuild if you happen to lose them.

• Maxims are unflankable

I love how I shoot 1 rifle grenade off or bundle grenade and it only kills one guy. This mg is stupidly good and can quickly turn to face any direction, even a gren squad shooting it from behind can take a full minute to decrew it. Either nerf the 6 man crew or nerf it's packup and set up time.

• Mines, need better mines...

There's not much a german player can do even if they're clearly better against T34 spam. Normally mines would be the answer but mines are so ridiculously expensive and there are no effective mines for infantry. The S mine field requires so much time to set up and if the opponent allows you to set one up in a forward position you've won anyways. Give some normal vcoh mines for ostheer!

Note: I do not find clown cars that OP, sure they're good but they're the equivilent of the german flammenwerfer halftrack and they can be easily countered by a faust or two (provided they actually hit and do damage - Relic plz fix this).

13 Jun 2013, 05:56 AM

I suggest you rename the post to "soviet whinefest" less misleading
13 Jun 2013, 06:25 AM

1.) It is not different to the Russian AT-gun in terms of anti tank, the only thing making the russian one better (in my opinion) is the Artillery Barrage ability.
A Panzer IV can drive by a russian At-gun and destroy it almost as fast as the T34 destroys paks.
edit: scratch that, Paks are way better vs tanks due to higher firerate than the Russian ZIS

2.) I don't get this, people seem to forget that 2 T34 cost as much as a Panther and are not nearly as strong.
The thing making it strong is that German player underestimate how fast they can hit the field (if the Russian plays right) and are often not prepared to deal with them.

3.)Conscripts are quite nice with PPsH and hit the dirt, yes, but don't forget that grens are also nice with G43 or mg42.
And MG42 are not doctrinal while PPsH and Hit the dirt are.
Additionally, it actually costs more to reinforce a conscript squad from 1 member to 6 than it costs for the Grens from 1 to 4, so "cheap" is not really true.

4) If you flank an MG make sure you get as close to it as possible and if it turns to you run through it on the opposit site.
Had no issues with flanking Maxims or MG42.

5)Some good cheaper mines won't hurt for both factions tbh.
13 Jun 2013, 06:38 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

1. Pack43
Should be down firing range, until normal vision. Damage to vehicles, is very high. Add cost oil.
2. Bunkers
Add cost of pop, oil. when leaving the British, this must be controlled (ATs & MGs emplazament).
3. Elephant.
Like pack43. the elephan, maybe not so reduced range.
4. Flamethrowers
All units than using flamethrowers, should nerf
5. spam
All spam is a waste. totally agree with that do not benefit the game
13 Jun 2013, 06:59 AM

1.Stuff
2.Stuff
3.Stuff
4.Stuff
5.Stuff

1.The Russian AT gun has six soldiers so stays alive longer. A t-34 can easily 2 shot a pak, while a panzer 4 is far more expensive and has to 4-7 shot a zis at gun. A supported pak can die before its support is able to help. A supported zis has time for its support. Hell, it can just run back to base even if it is unsupported.

2.Two t-34s cost as much as a panther, but are available way earlier than a panther or even a stug can come out. There is much less tech to a t34 than to a panther. The problem is that it comes out so early that a german player is either ready to fight infantry and gets destroyed by a t34, or he is ready to fight tanks and loses map control to infantry. A soviet can focus only on anti infantry, germans cannot.

3. MG42/G42 cost 60 munitions for germans, who without buying those are already munitions starved. PPSH cost 20 munitions, hit the dirt is free. Conscripts are very cheap, since you do not need a base building, and they have six soldiers instead of 4. Early on it is fair, but they are more survivable later, as well as more versatile. A soviet with 4 conscripts is a good player, a german with 4 grenadiers is about to get owned.

4. An mg 42 is very flankable, but it is nearly impossible to flank a maxim. They turn and resetup so fast that the other player has to be thoroughly distracted to not stop the flank in its tracks, but even if he is they are next to impossible to decrew. Six man squads mean that grenades kill 1-2, and without grenades you still might lose. All the soviet needs to do is bring one conscript with the mg, and it is completely unflankable.

5. Yah, fix mines

EDIT:grammar, better phrasing
13 Jun 2013, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2013, 05:48 AMS73v0
Hey, I've been playing alot of 1v1s lately and this is my main 5 gripes with balance in coh2 specifically with 1v1s. As a result of these balance issues I have to put the matchup in favor of Soviets instead of Ostheer. When Soviets goes 1 particular strategy and executes it well it is almost impossible to stop as Ostheer. Here is my list:

• Pak 40 Sucks!!!

T34s laughs at the pak 40, in fact T34s counters the pak 40. Once the T34 gets behind the pak 40 it is over. Add to that the fact that the pak 40 takes 4 shots to kill the T34, costs more than the T34 (manpower wise) and has an accuracy of 50%. This is the only legitimate counter that Ostheer has to armour and it sucks really bad. Panzershrecks get crushed by tanks, German armour gets rammed... Either buff its range, damage and accuracy or give it a cloak shot.

• T34 spam is OP!!!

They come out way too fast, and dirt cheap if you have the fuel. They have some crazy effectiveness vs infantry, they can easily snipe 2 guys at once and can crush the rest with its high accelleration. Their gun is kinda meh against tanks. But it don't matter since they have this 'I win' button with ram against any kind of tanks. There's not many counters for Ostheer against multiple T34s.

• Conscript spam is OP

Conscripts are too cost effective and vet up too quickly when combined with hit the dirt and ppshs. Everytime I get behind as ostheer it is almost impossible to come back on the map because a few conscripts can hit the dirt at your cutoff severely delaying you. It also costs alot of munitions to get them to leave, and once they left another conscript squad hits the dirt and takes it place. And conscripts have really low upkeep and are dirt cheap to rebuild if you happen to lose them.

• Maxims are unflankable

I love how I shoot 1 rifle grenade off or bundle grenade and it only kills one guy. This mg is stupidly good and can quickly turn to face any direction, even a gren squad shooting it from behind can take a full minute to decrew it. Either nerf the 6 man crew or nerf it's packup and set up time.

There's not much a german player can do even if they're clearly better against T34 spam. Normally mines would be the answer but mines are so ridiculously expensive and there are no effective mines for infantry. The S mine field requires so much time to set up and if the opponent allows you to set one up in a forward position you've won anyways. Give some normal vcoh mines for ostheer!

Note: I do not find clown cars that OP, sure they're good but they're the equivilent of the german flammenwerfer halftrack and they can be easily countered by a faust or two (provided they actually hit and do damage - Relic plz fix this).

I agree with everything, except consript spam being OP, if you manage to get some kind of tank, it's not that OP anymore
13 Jun 2013, 10:40 AM

Yeah conscripts with HTD and PPSH are powerful but remember that's all that commander really gives you, no late game powerful armor which means that if you tech up you will have the edge.

I do sort of agree with your point on conscript vet, and all vet in general infact. Meat shields get vet faster than damage dealing units, this isn't right.

Give experience from damage taken only 10-20% of experience you'd get if you dealt the damage it would mean that units don't automatically becoming vet 3 if they survive 20 mins into the game.
13 Jun 2013, 11:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2013, 05:48 AMS73v0

• Pak 40 Sucks!!!

• T34 spam is OP!!!

• Conscript spam is OP

• Maxims are unflankable

I can't believe after all that you never even mentioned how bullshit Panthers are at the moment. Makes me feel as though you are Soviet fan.

Pak's need to be supported by Shrek Grens or Grens with faust, of course a lone Pak is going to get raped.

T34 spam is not a problem if you know how to counter it. IE - Shrek Grens and Pak's(combined) and then get a StuG IV.

Don't whine about conscript spam when Germans have T2 Knights Cross Holders (PGrens), you can rush them out so fast and Conscripts are fucking useless after that and you have to get Shock Troops to counter them or snipers. And what about rushing a T2 Flamer Halftrack and laughing when all conscripts run away?

13 Jun 2013, 12:13 PM

How can you expect the game to be balanced at this time?
13 Jun 2013, 13:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2013, 12:13 PMConvuko
How can you expect the game to be balanced at this time?

Games gets balanced from feedbacks such as this one.
13 Jun 2013, 13:44 PM

1) If T-34 gets behind your anti-tank gun - it is your fault;
2) T-34 is a dirt. You just need to make a good defence line with paks. I never had a problem with T-34. The thing that the hardest for me - SU-74 with it's arty;
3)Conscript spam ? I'm afraid your opponents have better micro then you do, mate. Get atleast 2 machinguns, mortar, some grenadiers and play early game, instead of rushing to panthers. Then you will have no problems.
4) To lazy to explain all the ways to counter maxim...
5) I can give you a replay where I play Germany on pripyat destroying lvl 30 + guy with crazy counter atack to his side, placing some quick mine fileds.

No offense, but I play both factions mate, and your complains sound strange to me. Game is mostly balanced. I only can state a couple of problems:
1) Panther needs nerf;
2) PanzerGrenadier's grenade should be buffed, or price should be lowered.
3) Conscript's molotov should cost 20. The thing is grenadier will lose all munition if he cancels grenade launch, and molotov can be canceled without a penalty.
13 Jun 2013, 13:49 PM

T-34/85 = M10 + Faghounds :faint:

I don't recall anyone said if a faghound get pass your Pak is your fault

and who the fuck would spam Paks? it's the mine problem making T-34 worse than ever

^ Maxim
It's not the problem of Maxim uncountable, everyone know Mortar and Flametrack can kill them, the problem is unflankable

^ Panthers
maybe rise a bit of its fuel cost, maybe
13 Jun 2013, 14:26 PM
Patrion 14

Maxims need that quick setup time since their firing cone is horrible. MG42s hardly need to be microed compared to a Maxim since they can basically shoot over almost 180 degrees. If you lose to a Maxim, your opponent just microed his units better than you. All you need are two squads, that aren't blobbed up.

T34s is hardly a problem, in a minute after a T34 you should be able to get a Stug, which can easily counter it if you let it stay at range and use your panzerfaust. A T34 with a broken engine is a dead T34.

You should really try playing as Soviets, see how easy it is, before you're going to post stuff like this.
13 Jun 2013, 14:27 PM

Panthers really need more armour. They don't bounce enough shells, especially the rear section it needs a huge upgrade!
13 Jun 2013, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2013, 14:26 PMCptEend
Maxims need that quick setup time since their firing cone is horrible. MG42s hardly need to be microed compared to a Maxim since they can basically shoot over almost 180 degrees. If you lose to a Maxim, your opponent just microed his units better than you. All you need are two squads, that aren't blobbed up.

T34s is hardly a problem, in a minute after a T34 you should be able to get a Stug, which can easily counter it if you let it stay at range and use your panzerfaust. A T34 with a broken engine is a dead T34.

You should really try playing as Soviets, see how easy it is, before you're going to post stuff like this.

I switched to Soviet and find their gimmicky play is much much easier and lamer than Ostheer MVGame

The narrow firing cone means nothing while they hid in house or in that stupid choke summer 1v1 map

If Grens are as deadly and fast like American Rifles, you can be right.
Now it is impossible to do any shit to a maxim even with 3 Grens 3 way flanking. <444>_<444>
13 Jun 2013, 17:07 PM
Patrion 14

As long as you keep circling that MG it will never be able to shoot at you (provided you got up close, which isn't that hard with 2 squads that aren't blobbing), even with the fast setup time. If you also replace one grenadier with a flamer pio it's really not that hard to flank and kill it (or make it retreat).
13 Jun 2013, 18:33 PM

Lol, I play both factions. I've haven't lost a game as soviets 1v1 throughout the open beta. As ostheer I only win about 90% of my games but the ones I don't win I feel like I don't have anything that I can do to counter this (read as T34 spam).

Pak 40s are really bad, once a lone T34 was driving into my firing arc. I had a gren in position to faust it. It's main gun took out 2 of my guys and the coaxial mg killed another. I was forced to retreat. The pak was firing the whole time and got off 3 shots... 2 of which missed (50% acc... seriously?). The T34 proceeded to circle the pak and killed it in 2 shots. gg wp, why do pak 40s cost more than T34s again?

By the time you have a panther as Ostheer if you were playing anyone good the soviet player would have 4+ T34s. One can ram and it's over. Panthers are expensive and you rarely see them in 1v1s for a reason.

I love how apparently I have less micro than a soviet player who clicks one button to HTD and suddenly his conscripts are immune to suppression and take almost no damage. Just lol...
13 Jun 2013, 18:57 PM
Patrion 14

Why are you even getting a panther? A stug is all you need versus T34s. When you get a Panther your opponent will have one T34 max (or you've been doing something wrong with capping), and there's no way a T34 is going to win from a well microed Stug. Even two of them won't cut it when you support that Stug properly. All you need to do is damage their engines and that's a really easy thing to do for WM.

Also, teller mines. They may be expensive, but they one hit a SU 76, and so are definitely worth it.
13 Jun 2013, 19:08 PM

Conscripts don't need a nerf, the infantry battles are already insanely slow paced compared to vCoH. A redesign of Ostwind and Ost AC to solid infantry killers would be better change.
13 Jun 2013, 19:12 PM

i wouldnt mind the ostwind being a super inf killer, but if thats the case it should not do ANY damage to tanks unlike current version
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 51
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment