Login

russian armor

Osttruppen/ Storm troopers

13 Aug 2015, 15:26 PM
Donator 11

Hey folks!

I would like to see diffrent builds beside Grens... some people are using PGrens (but more in teamgames) and some dudes are using Assgrens... but Osttruppen and Storm troopers are quite underused imo. Especially due to the new tech change (last patch: MG to T0) diffrent builds beside Grens are definitely viable (e.g. Osttruppen + skipped T1).

The problem about a mg supported Osttruppen build is the lack of the Panzerfaust which requires a T1 building (totally senseless imo :facepalm: ). They should remove the tech requirement for the Panzerfaust to allow more custom builds.
Another problem Osttruppen wont get the attack/dmg buff (when in cover) if they are in a building (so far I noticed maybe im wrong...)
Maybe give them the option to create some sort of cover (beside bunkers/ trenches)

Storm troopers are fine imo. They are as expensive as PGrens but they have much more diffrent abilities and sections you can use them... but I would decrease the cost of their upgrades (compared to PGrens the Stgs are totally overpriced) (STGs 100 -> 60 - 80, Panzerfaust 75 -> 60).
Or increase MP cost to 360 - 390 but they will come with the STG upgrade (Panzerfaust will be able as an additional upgrade)

Tell me what you think about those units I would really like to see them beside Grens and MG spam
Cheers! :luvCarrot:

*based on Osttruppen doctrine

13 Aug 2015, 15:53 PM

The few times I've faced Ostruppen + MG openings I've struggled as USF and my only saving grace was light vehicle play. For that reason I disagree with that idea because light vehicle counters with no teching is unbalanced as HMGs with cheap screening infantry with stock AT Snares would be a very tough nut to crack.

Other than that everything almost everything sounds reasonable. Relic should have fixed the Ostruppen building bug a long time ago. I do agree that Stormtroopers STGs could use a slight reduction in cost as I also find them cost prohibitive to upgrade at times. Panzershrek price is okay seeing as how it's similar to Volk's cost and the last thing we want to see is Stormtrooper shrek blobs.
nee
13 Aug 2015, 16:18 PM

Stormtroopers' AT upgrade is Panzerschreck. Coming out with MP44s negate them being a unique call-in unit and just being spawnable Panzergrenadiers.
IMO Stormtroopers might be better off with G43s as default, and not the JLI sniper version either (though that being an upgrade might be considered a viable alternative upgrade).
13 Aug 2015, 16:30 PM
Donator 11

T1 is so cheap you should never skip it.

You can skip T2 if you go stormtroopers and have good mine placement.
13 Aug 2015, 21:39 PM

Permanently Banned
Ostruppen get rekt so hard due to 1.25 received accuracy. They were nice when they had shit dps, but could absorb hits and crew weapons. But now anything you recrew keep the 1.25 received acc. On top of everything else OP said.

Either reduce cost 180 mp. Or remove 25% increased received accuracy. Or lower it.

Storms, make stgs 50 muni, replace their gren kars with the ober kars.
13 Aug 2015, 21:45 PM

Stormtroopers could be given Obersoldaten rifles. They are supposed to be special forces, after all. I don't own Stormtroopers but if I did, I wouldn't consider them worth it aside from their infiltration, which is of course useless once they're already on the field.
13 Aug 2015, 21:48 PM

You can hypothetically use Storms as your mainline infantry. Sure no LMG or Faust, but you get camo, Panzgren received acc, free ambush camo, and sprint.

MP44 package should get a price buff.
13 Aug 2015, 21:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Stormtrooper have 2nd best RA.
-PG is .8, Storm are .75
-Reinforce: Gren is 30, PG is 45, Storm is 33.
13 Aug 2015, 21:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I really think Storms just need cheaper StGs and then they'd be perfect on that front.

Schreck needs lot of changes though
13 Aug 2015, 22:02 PM

Stormtrooper have 2nd best RA.
-PG is .8, Storm are .75
-Reinforce: Gren is 30, PG is 45, Storm is 33.

Would you say the reduce bleed from that makes storms worth it? Not a loaded question, just genuinely curious. They're not a unit I've really considered that much, since I have trouble getting much performance out of a house-spawn unit that starts with just normal rifles (not saying they're UP just that I personally find them not worth it for that reason).

13 Aug 2015, 22:07 PM

Would you say the reduce bleed from that makes storms worth it? Not a loaded question, just genuinely curious. They're not a unit I've really considered that much, since I have trouble getting much performance out of a house-spawn unit that starts with just normal rifles (not saying they're UP just that I personally find them not worth it for that reason).

They have elite troops rec acc, versatile upgrades, offensive scaling and reinforce and upkeep of grens.
If they aren't worth it, then I don't know what it.

Biggest drawback would be the doctrine itself, but unit is pretty amazing.
13 Aug 2015, 22:10 PM

Honestly I want more Stormtrooper doctrines. A remake of vCoH Blitzkrieg doc would be really cool.
13 Aug 2015, 22:25 PM

My mine problem with stormtroopers is the lack of a healing. They don't have OKW self healing out of combat nor a medkit to drop which hampers their ability to stay behind lines for meaningful periods of time.
13 Aug 2015, 23:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The AI upgrade is a bit tad too expensive, but after that, they are fine. The commander is more of a wombo combo for teamgames, so i'll say they are a decent unit stuck on a gimmicky commander.
14 Aug 2015, 00:42 AM
Patrion 14

Ostruppen get rekt so hard due to 1.25 received accuracy. They were nice when they had shit dps, but could absorb hits and crew weapons. But now anything you recrew keep the 1.25 received acc. On top of everything else OP said.

Either reduce cost 180 mp. Or remove 25% increased received accuracy. Or lower it.

Storms, make stgs 50 muni.

They have 1.25 armor as well. This means that they are more survivable than conscripts vs. Rifles and smgs, but less survivable vs. Mgs.
14 Aug 2015, 00:48 AM
Donator 33

They have 1.25 armor as well. This means that they are more survivable than conscripts vs. Rifles and smgs, but less survivable vs. Mgs.

Ostruppen don't have armor.
14 Aug 2015, 00:50 AM

Permanently Banned

Thats not true.
14 Aug 2015, 01:11 AM
Patrion 14

You are right. I could have sworn that they did. Must be going crazy XD
14 Aug 2015, 01:23 AM

14 Aug 2015, 02:33 AM

http://www.coh2.org/topic/36347/cruzz-s-the-more-you-know/post/372289

Looks like shocks are the only ones with armour. They have normal received accuracy though, so I guess they aren't vulnerable to MGs.

Edit: whoops. Broken formatting. Providing link instead of stats.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★