Login

russian armor

UKF - Know your units - Medium armor

PAGES (7)down
13 Aug 2015, 15:03 PM

Its been months since the alpha. I'm going to assume everything has been heavily nerfed.
13 Aug 2015, 16:56 PM

OMG, wrong mantle for the firefly, it's not a sherman 105mm's mantle knock off! Make a new one! darn it!
13 Aug 2015, 17:30 PM

I mostly fear ukf smoke abilities on their tanks. sooo many get out of jail cards. + ukf blitzkrieg.......
13 Aug 2015, 17:48 PM

Permanently Banned
Smoke shells(with short cooldown) + emergency war speed.

God bless
13 Aug 2015, 19:10 PM

Smoke shells(with short cooldown) + emergency war speed.

God bless

Word, now Axis only players can see how annoying Panzer Tactician + Blitz can be at times :D
13 Aug 2015, 19:30 PM

No one ever assumes an allied faction can lose the game within 10 minutes...

Just nice fancy tanks that were built on the struggle of a manpower bleed of wipes and galore early game.

2v2 playing as Brits feels like playing like Axis. You get your butt kicked by aggressive flanks, losing lots of infantry to wipes, and you get forced back. Then the enemy makes a mistake and loses two panzer IVs and a panther to (THREE) "OP" NDA AT guns that isnt the 17 pounder, and then you make your comeback with Churchill AVRE ST wannabe and cromwells, fireflies, and comets...
13 Aug 2015, 21:50 PM

So, uh, can someone walk me through why everyone thinks the Brits are going to be OP and cause "Axis tears"? How many people saying this played the alpha? Because I remember thinking the Brits' early game was impotent in exchange for a decently good late game, and almost every good unit the Brits had got nerfed, especially the [REDACTED BECAUSE NDA] and all of the [REDACTED BECAUSE NDA].

That said, they were a lot of fun to play regardless, and you could make them work fairly well in large games, but seriously. They counter OKW decently enough, but Wehrmacht just poops all over them. I'd like to hear people's logic on this without being, too, you know, NDA-breaching.
13 Aug 2015, 22:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2015, 21:50 PMKothre
So, uh, can someone walk me through why everyone thinks the Brits are going to be OP and cause "Axis tears"? How many people saying this played the alpha? Because I remember thinking the Brits' early game was impotent in exchange for a decently good late game, and almost every good unit the Brits had got nerfed, especially the [REDACTED BECAUSE NDA] and all of the [REDACTED BECAUSE NDA].

That said, they were a lot of fun to play regardless, and you could make them work fairly well in large games, but seriously. They counter OKW decently enough, but Wehrmacht just poops all over them. I'd like to hear people's logic on this without being, too, you know, NDA-breaching.

Firefly and Comet are going to walk over axis non doctrinal armor supremacy, axis players are terrified by the thought of fighting against panther tier tank and another tank destroyer that doesn't constantly bounce off them :sibPheasant:

Even if brits would release in underpowered state, whining about comets will last until the sun goes dark.
13 Aug 2015, 22:23 PM
Senior Editor Badge

13 Aug 2015, 22:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2015, 22:19 PMKatitof

Firefly and Comet are going to walk over axis non doctrinal armor supremacy, axis players are terrified by the thought of fighting against panther tier tank and another tank destroyer that doesn't constantly bounce off them :sibPheasant:

Even if brits would release in underpowered state, whining about comets will last until the sun goes dark.

thats good allies finally get weapons that can punch some REAL nasty holes in the axis more-bang-for-their-buck tanks. up until now axis have been hogging and hoarding all of the best AT, armor and infantry in-game. having the brits now will hopefully level the playing field
14 Aug 2015, 09:52 AM

thats good allies finally get weapons that can punch some REAL nasty holes in the axis more-bang-for-their-buck tanks. up until now axis have been hogging and hoarding all of the best AT, armor and infantry in-game. having the brits now will hopefully level the playing field

For real now, have you ever heard of something called ISU 152 or IS-2? Did you ever use the AP-rounds on the Jackson or is all you do t34 rushes without any support? It seems to me more like a l2p problem you have because allies are very well able to destroy even the heaviest axis tanks....
14 Aug 2015, 10:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2015, 22:23 PMnigo
katitof is back :D

No bonds shall hold me, for I grow ever stronger and more powerful :snfAmi:
14 Aug 2015, 15:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2015, 09:52 AMMoBo111

For real now, have you ever heard of something called ISU 152 or IS-2? Did you ever use the AP-rounds on the Jackson or is all you do t34 rushes without any support? It seems to me more like a l2p problem you have because allies are very well able to destroy even the heaviest axis tanks....

yeah and the jackson HVAP shell is still bugged. relic hasnt even fixed that yet.
14 Aug 2015, 17:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2015, 22:23 PMnigo
katitof is back :D

what is dead, may never die, but rises again, stronger
14 Aug 2015, 18:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2015, 12:10 PMBurts

What exactly makes you think that the firefly will beat a panther in the first place? The firefly had 12 second reload in the alpha, with 240 damage. It has lower penetration than the jackson, despite the much, much longer reload. It's turret rotation was ridiciluosly slow, about as fast as the KTs. Unless it uses it's 150 muni rocket strike, a panther easily beats a firefly. I'm sure the firefly will be buffed though, at those stats it was completely useless.

Now the comet. 185 fuel, lower armor and penetration than the panther, albeit only slightly, good againts infantry, 50 range (same as panther), faster rate of fire.

Anyways, in the alpha, brits were at a significant disadvantage againts ostheer in a 1v1 scenario. Brad developed 1 effective strategy that worked, however it was due to a unit that was heavily overperforming.

In teamgames brits will be a fun faction to play, and balance there doesn't matter because any kind of balance is not possible to achieve there.

In 2v2 brits will be fine.

what makes you think 3vs3 and 4vs4 cant be balanced?
14 Aug 2015, 19:12 PM

:foreveralone: :snfQuinn: :snfPeter:

I see medium armor from Axis is countered pretty well by medium armor from UKF based on this video if it is up-to-date balance wise. :foreveralone:
14 Aug 2015, 19:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2015, 19:12 PMVonIvan
I see medium armor from Axis is countered pretty well by medium armor from UKF based on this video if it is up-to-date balance wise. :foreveralone:

You say something that costs more kills something that costs less? :megusta:

Something thats been around since the beginning of time? :snfBarton:
14 Aug 2015, 19:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2015, 19:12 PMVonIvan

I wouldn't trust promotional videos as a reliable source for balance discussions. At all. Obviously it'll show UKF kicking ass. Just look at literally every other promotional video Relic has pushed out for UKF.
14 Aug 2015, 19:35 PM

You say something that costs more kills something that costs less? :megusta:

Something thats been around since the beginning of time? :snfBarton:

Obviously I'm not saying this at all. Maybe you should re-read. :foreveralone:

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2015, 19:28 PMHorasu

I wouldn't trust promotional videos as a reliable source for balance discussions. At all. Obviously it'll show UKF kicking ass. Just look at literally every other promotional video Relic has pushed out for UKF.

Well obviously it'll show them taking on weaker/weakened inf/armor(already dealt dmg) but I'm pretty damn sure they're using the current balance revolving around this patch and pre-release UKF to base these videos off of. They did for OKW/USF :snfPeter:
14 Aug 2015, 19:43 PM

Here's the breakdown of how UKF medium armor worked; it's the inverse to all other factions. You best more expensive tanks are all mediums, you cheapest and weakest tanks are all heavies. Although I should say the Churchill is by no means "weak" at all.

The most scary part of UKF is the insanely powerful scaling; with every tank basically having blitz and smoke as a part of vet as well as other powerful abilities.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS