Login

russian armor

UKF - Know your units - Medium armor

PAGES (7)down
12 Aug 2015, 22:24 PM
Patrion 15

Reallly really looking forward to the Brits, gonna be a shitstorm but I enjoy those anyway :D
12 Aug 2015, 22:42 PM

How different is the Firefly with Ez-8s?

Firefly is kinda like if a Sherman was given the Jackson's gun.
13 Aug 2015, 00:11 AM

So Brits release and search rates go 90% Allies - 10% Axis? I mean Relic should balance them, but it will take a bit.
13 Aug 2015, 00:19 AM

firefly and comet tanks awesome! now brits got armor that are on par or have equal footing against the axis armor. seeing them 17pdr guns puts a smile to my face
13 Aug 2015, 00:44 AM

Fireflies will make people cry, but it won't be Axis... it'll be us Allies... 12s reload in Alpha... *cries*
13 Aug 2015, 00:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2015, 00:44 AMHorasu
Fireflies will make people cry, but it won't be Axis... it'll be us Allies... 12s reload in Alpha... *cries*

as long as it has guaranteed penetration and not having to rely on RNG like M36 Jackson that's fine by me axis armor should get a looked at because their tanks can penetrate allied armor almost at least 85-90% of the time and rarely do their shells bounce off
13 Aug 2015, 00:58 AM

as long as it has guaranteed penetration and not having to rely on RNG like M36 Jackson that's fine by me axis armor should get a looked at because their tanks can penetrate allied armor almost at least 85-90% of the time and rarely do their shells bounce off

Sure, it has great first hit damage... but 12s is so excessive, it went from 7s -> 12s during the testing. People did calculations and it had the longest TTK (time to kill) out of all TDs in the game 0_0 But that's enough from me... Was just waiting a long time for the FF reveal to put in my 2 cents
13 Aug 2015, 01:02 AM

It did 240 damage, but it can still bounce as it had pen like every other TD, and could always miss. Was fun going against heavy armor and bouncing and waiting half a minute to do damage. Then you could spend munitions to upgrade tulips and spend 100 muni to either miss, not-penetrate, or hit a tank and deal 320 damage...

At the beginning, the Firefly was retardedly broken. It should be nothing too special upon release.

Just build comets and win, much simpler, especially since brit armor can upgrade to practically self spot...#NDAquestioningifthisstillexists
13 Aug 2015, 01:02 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Git gud git Tulips
13 Aug 2015, 01:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2015, 00:58 AMHorasu

Sure, it has great first hit damage... but 12s is so excessive, it went from 7s -> 12s during the testing. People did calculations and it had the longest TTK (time to kill) out of all TDs in the game 0_0 But that's enough from me... Was just waiting a long time for the FF reveal to put in my 2 cents

well now i know why the brits initially issued 1 firefly per tank troop and i can imagine how my armor composition is going to be made up 3 cromwells, 1 firefly or 3 comets, 1 firefly
13 Aug 2015, 01:19 AM

It did 240 damage, but it can still bounce as it had pen like every other TD, and could always miss. Was fun going against heavy armor and bouncing and waiting half a minute to do damage. Then you could spend munitions to upgrade tulips and spend 100 muni to either miss, not-penetrate, or hit a tank and deal 320 damage...

At the beginning, the Firefly was retardedly broken. It should be nothing too special upon release.

Just build comets and win, much simpler, especially since brit armor can upgrade to practically self spot...#NDAquestioningifthisstillexists

yea but axis dont have to worry about RNG as much as the allies do because their guns will penetrate almost every time while allies is pretty much crossing your fingers and praying the shell will hit and do damage
13 Aug 2015, 01:21 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

give usf pershing
13 Aug 2015, 01:28 AM

Firefly is good for finishing damaged tanks or heavily bursting most dangerous target to make it immediately leave combat. I already can see mark target+firefly rockets on top of first normal shot as a very dangerous combo, which can reduce tigers from full health to no health in second.

Firefly just not regular td, and not supposed to fight enemy armor head on exchanging punches, it hits hard and best used to knock down weary enemy in one hit. It also relies on support and clever use, but has very big potential in return.

Jagdpanzers were you problem? Mark target em, rocket em, laugh at smoldering wreck.
13 Aug 2015, 01:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2015, 01:28 AMJadame!
Firefly is good for finishing tanks or to heavily burst most dangerous target and make it leave combat. I already can see mark target+firefly rockets and normal shots as a very dangerous combo even against heaviest axis tanks. Firefly just not regular td, and not supposed to fight enemy armor head on. You need support.

lol with infantry and armor (cromwell and comet tanks) of course
13 Aug 2015, 02:13 AM

Comet is a Panther with more AI and less AT.

what means less AT? less range, less penetration.. ?
13 Aug 2015, 02:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2015, 02:13 AMJawohl?

what means less AT? less range, less penetration.. ?

It has like 20 less penetration while having extremely good accuracy versus infantry (scatter that is)
13 Aug 2015, 02:21 AM
Patrion 14

It has like 20 less penetration while having extremely good accuracy versus infantry (scatter that is)

It also has a better ROF and a worse armor value. I think it may be marginally faster too (definitely faster with vet).
13 Aug 2015, 02:30 AM

firefly and comet tanks awesome! now brits got armor that are on par or have equal footing against the axis armor. seeing them 17pdr guns puts a smile to my face
Which is total bullshit. Yes the 17 pounder is a strong gun. Yet the Panthers gun is comparable. Yet the Comet is less armored than a Panzer IV. The Panther should make mince meat out of that thing. Stop it with your "everything should beat German armor".
13 Aug 2015, 02:40 AM

Which is total bullshit. Yes the 17 pounder is a strong gun. Yet the Panthers gun is comparable. Yet the Comet is less armored than a Panzer IV. The Panther should make mince meat out of that thing. Stop it with your "everything should beat German armor".

really i disagree. the allies deserve to have some kind of tank that can face the superior axis armor on even terms. whether you admit it or not axis still hog and hoard all of the best AT, armor and infantry in-game
13 Aug 2015, 02:43 AM

really i disagree. the allies deserve to have some kind of tank that can face the superior axis armor on even terms. whether you admit it or not axis still hog and hoard all of the best AT, armor and infantry in-game
Someone has to have the better tanks. And why would we twist history and give it to the British? Just because the 17 pounder shall be a special snowflake?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS