Login

russian armor

1v1 Ostheer Preference.

12 Jun 2013, 18:05 PM

Hello, please find my general start for Ostheer in 1v1 games.

I will start by building Infantry company asap.

Then building x2 Grens, followed by Mortar then Mg.

In my experience I've found that the Grens help to establish early game map control by offering some resistance to the Conscript onslaught. Hopefully by this time you have one fuel point. As soon as I can start upgrading to T2.

Depending on what I'm seeing from the Soviet, I will follow up with either a pak for light vehicles/ tanks. Pgrens if the ruskie is still flooding me with scripts. Or HT depending on my ammo.

At this time I'm also trying to harass their rear points with lonely pio. Cutting a fuel point or VP here and there to have mr ruskie divert forces away from front to deal with recapping.

Once resources allow T3 then roll out a stung or Ostwind depending on what I'm seeing. Stugs used properly eat T34 or any other Soviets T3 vehicles. Ostwind that is microd correctly will bleed their man power.

At this point if the game is still going then say hello to the Panther. Properly supported with infantry will dominate the battlefield.

My greatest concern is not letting ruskies grab territory at the beginning. If you can at least draw it to a stalemate your options improve as the game goes on as long as you have some fuel income. That should be a priority for you my kraut friends.

Thanks for taking the time to read my preferences for Ostheer 1v1.
TED
12 Jun 2013, 18:31 PM

Imo, one squad of Grens and then MG should be established ASAP. No matter what your gonna get at least 4 squads of Conscripts rushing an Area of Interest (if they play smart).

In my experience Conscript vs. Grens usually favor the Red Army if they get into close range. Thus you need the MG to suppress your first engagement and cap the point that is contested quick and make him spread his units.

Other than that I agree with your progression. Although i feel building a fuel point on the nearest checkpoint helps the cause alot.
12 Jun 2013, 18:37 PM

I'm torn on MG early atm. I feel it is helpful but not vital for those first few engagements. Coming from some of my soviet play I feel as though they can be countered by scripts too easily. A quick hoorah and Molotov and its retreat, I feel as though they need gren support to be viable. I do agree that Grens need to be kept at long/mid range to be viable.

I do agree with fuel point upgrade when MP allows. I also forgot to add that I'm a big fan of med bunker by HQ.
TED
12 Jun 2013, 18:59 PM

Its true that MG placements are easily countered by Molotov and Oorah but my point is to get the initiative on an early encounter forcing them to retreat. If you can micro your units well the MG should not be in danger unless they flank you but at that point you would have another Gren + whatever out and the map should be advantageous to you or at least a stalemate (which is good early game as ostheer).

I'm also a fan of the med bunker HQ setup :D.
12 Jun 2013, 19:35 PM

I'll have to try to experiment with them earlier in my game play. I've always opted to wait until after mortar. I feel as though their setup time and arch of fire are pretty well balanced at the moment. Maybe just not a mesh with my particular play style. I don't utilize them enough and normally have them hold a VP or fuel. I need to try to use them more aggressively. Maybe almost like a tank having Grens and Pios scout while Mg creeps behind waiting for encounter to pounce on. My only other real dilemma is Pgrens, in alpha they were OP, I feel as though they are glass cannons now. Would of liked to see slightly more armor or hp on them.

In the games current state things are fairly balanced imo. There are a few tweaks here and there. Played accordingly though each side can beat the other. Gj!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 40
Germany 743
Netherlands 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak