Login

russian armor

How to bring back the LT from the dead

9 Aug 2015, 06:52 AM

Most matches I watch the LT is skipped in favor for the CPT, fair enough, each to their own but from what I understand the major consensus is that it offers nothing of value over the CPT with its stuart for early vehicles and AT for good armor repellent.

I still go LT most games, I feel the M20 is vital to my early and often late game (mines) victory, many don't agree and that's fine but its no secret i'm the minority when it comes to teching LT.

What if, teching the LT also unlocked the BAR/Zooks or nades for the infantry and thus making them the only way to unlock them?

Give the LT a fuel+Manpower increase, or the M20/AA to balance the costs but it would certainly change the way the game is currently played. Well, until everyone goes LT and skips CPT of course, ha.

If I recall, USF are the only faction that needs to unlock weapons separate from normal teching, I understand the want for variety by making USF the most pain in the arse faction to play as, but maybe this would help (to quote relic) "create more diverse and creative strategies with the faction".
9 Aug 2015, 07:00 AM

Permanently Banned
give 50 cal 5 men? AA halftrack more armor? idk.

Making the upgrades go through lieutenant is a bad idea
9 Aug 2015, 07:25 AM

Giving 50 cal 5 men wont solve anything, least, not until this BS is fixed:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=496654293

The LT comes with a BAR so you can't say it doesn't make sense to unlock BAR's with him, he could at the very least do with an ability to make him different as a unit early on like the CPT's "On me".

Give him free smoke nades with a large cool down even without teching nades, not as powerful as unlocking BARs via him but enough to warrant players unlocking him to counter ealry MG spam with no munitions leak as a positive side effect.
9 Aug 2015, 07:30 AM

Mount 3 more .50 cals on M20 :sibPheasant:
9 Aug 2015, 07:37 AM

I don't get it. i use the LT plenty of times. Is it just because people like the stuart? I don't really find the pack to be worth buying the tier for. Or is it that the zooks dont really make up for no at gun?
9 Aug 2015, 07:44 AM

Swap AA Track and Pack Howie
9 Aug 2015, 07:52 AM

Stuart is far more better then m20 and AA halftrack. Lt doesn't have at gun or pack howitzer which making him more useless in late game. Also, 50 cal kinda meh.
9 Aug 2015, 07:54 AM

The LT. was utilized in the past primarily for 2 strategic reasons, shock value and in service of the 10 minute Sherman. The buffs to the MG42, and the earlier arrival of Ost medium armor, particularly the StuG, and other assorted buffs, (sniper) made this all-in essentially fold in on itself like a cheap tent. Now players are sacrificing some early game shock for a bit more mid-game security which is... interesting, considering the mediocrity of the "Craptain" tier.
9 Aug 2015, 08:14 AM

and the earlier arrival of Ost medium armor, particularly the StuG,

pretty sure the ost armor got delay from the last patch.

and to answer op:

stuart + pack howizter+ 57mm > m20 + m15+ 50cal.

the stuart can handle most infantry and the 57mm give you insurance against axis armor. the lt's distinct lack of anti-tank weaken it.

okw armor wasn't delayed, so going lt + major is a lot riskier.
9 Aug 2015, 08:31 AM

pretty sure the ost armor got delay from the last patch.

okw armor wasn't delayed, so going lt + major is a lot riskier.

i was taking a longer view when essentially from 4 months post the launch of WFA up until late June of this year the Lt. was the prominent tech tree chosen, and generally speaking until that point a PzIV would take 12 minutes to hit the field if by some miracle the Ost player didn't have to stick around in T2 to Tiger, or they could consistently at least hold their fuel, which was usually at best, wishful thinking against the USF, also bearing in mind the point i missed about the Maj. now costing 120fuel as opposed to 90.

Cpt. saw more play against OKW because of it's ability to hard counter Mech Reg openings, and if one wasn't confident in running them off the field, could provide security against the Luchs.
9 Aug 2015, 09:19 AM

The LT. was utilized in the past primarily for 2 strategic reasons, shock value and in service of the 10 minute Sherman. The buffs to the MG42, and the earlier arrival of Ost medium armor, particularly the StuG, and other assorted buffs, (sniper) made this all-in essentially fold in on itself like a cheap tent. Now players are sacrificing some early game shock for a bit more mid-game security which is... interesting, considering the mediocrity of the "Craptain" tier.

You forgot the 221 becoming 222 saves Ostheer 55 muni (1 free Teller mine) and that the new 222 hardcounters M20.
9 Aug 2015, 09:26 AM

Don't see any reason to buy leutienant, it's useless imho. M20 comes at the same time as 222 AC and slightly earlier than puma. 50 cal. easily killed by anything and cost 35 manpower to reinforce. AA truck price is very close to stuart.
9 Aug 2015, 09:27 AM

No munition cost on 222 also makes them hardcounter the M15AA too because two 222s will always win against the M15 despite costing less fuel and only a bit more manpower. And after a faust hit on M15 even a single 222 can deal with it fairly easily, especially with a smoke doctrine.

Against OKW the old M20 to Sherman strat can be useful to deny flakhq construction if they start with medic truck, but frankly captain is just way safer because you can't get enough AT to defend against luchs/piv with lieutenant in case you fail to push OKW completely off map.
9 Aug 2015, 10:14 AM

So the reasons for skipping LT are far more complex than just "Because Stuart"? If that's the case, is there even a future for going LT other than back-teching for MG or mines.

I hear a lot of people want mortar, would that bring back life to the LT, but then, what becomes f the howitzer?
9 Aug 2015, 10:36 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

RIP LT. Might as well move all LT units to T0, rename him to Sergeant,delete the m20 and AAHT because they are beyond obselete now,
Rename captain to LT, rename major to captain, add a new major that has calliope, Pershing, and rangers.
9 Aug 2015, 10:43 AM

Permanently Banned
RIP LT. Might as well move all LT units to T0, rename him to Sergeant,delete the m20 and AAHT because they are beyond obselete now,
Rename captain to LT, rename major to captain, add a new major that has calliope, Pershing, and rangers.

That interesting.
9 Aug 2015, 10:56 AM

M20 = you spend much more resources to get a unit that hard-counter nothing (not even the sniper) with a really tiny windows of free action than its own hard-counter.
- Removing the skirt cost would be a 1st good idea to make is somehow interesting. Decreasing the sniper super stats would also make it more useful since it is better today to go stuart to counter it.

.50 cal = put it as the same level as the MG42, still don't really understand why the unit is so underwhelming.

half-truck = the only unit to rush in this tiers if I have the fuel advantage and want to pressurize more. Usually that's mean going Armor doctrine.

Lieutenant is also the best choice if you see volks/gren spam and or suspect CAS doctrine aka gren spam.

Seeing how Brit works, it would be great if unlocking Lieutnant or/and Captain also unlocks a special unit in the Major tiers.
Let's say (this is just an example), Lieutenant unlock a Jumbo/Pershing and Captain unlock Calliope. Or just unlock an upgrade available after buying the major, Lieutnant upgun the shermans and Captain gives free Mgs on them or whatever upgrades we can imagine in Major tier.
9 Aug 2015, 13:39 PM

Permanently Banned
Light vehicle counter got over-buffed imo

222's counter the entire LT tech. Additionally, Ost always has the option to get shreks and paks.

Cloaked reketens not only fuck up the LT, they fuck up most USF armor play. Not to mention the fucking puma and the fact that the jp4, if rushed, comes out before The usf can even tech to major.

Better to just go heavy inf and call-in m10's to de-crew them and use them only when needed.
9 Aug 2015, 13:48 PM

LT isn't dead or at least I don't think so. I love using it to get my 50 cal. I have 3 suppression bulletins and the grouping depends on where it is. For me I think its better than mg42. But I also use both tiers like ratchet said with armor company Keepo.
9 Aug 2015, 13:52 PM
Donator 11

give LT a mortar that doesn't suck. Move team weapons to t0 and have them unlock with LT/CPT upgrade. Major is kept the same.

Buff 50.cals health, make its reinforment cost lower 1/2 the squad cost instead of 100%.

But mainly this :
Light vehicle counter got over-buffed imo

222's counter the entire LT tech. Additionally, Ost always has the option to get shreks and paks.

Cloaked reketens not only fuck up the LT, they fuck up most USF armor play. Not to mention the fucking puma and the fact that the jp4, if rushed, comes out before The usf can even tech to major.

Better to just go heavy inf and call-in m10's to de-crew them and use them only when needed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★