Login

russian armor

Molotovs

17 Jul 2013, 07:10 AM

Permanently Banned
Molotov and RNade effect on buildings seems to be very related to whether it happens to pass through a window or not.

Personally, I kind of like this kind of situational, ingame world, randomness. As to me, I like that it resembles the unpredictability of warfare.

18 Jul 2013, 17:48 PM

Actually play soviet and use the three conscript molly build and realize mollys are not very strong, and in fact are quite weak.
Only Relic postRelic 18 Jul 2013, 18:03 PM

I've been noticing some pretty weird infantry behavior and lack of response to my commands. Really frustrating.

You mean when you get damage from the molotov? Please elaborate. :)
18 Jul 2013, 18:11 PM

I think it is the same effect like when infantry are attacked by tanks or even AT rifles. They duck and roll around on the ground for a second or so. I think this is intentional but can be pretty annoying.
18 Jul 2013, 18:22 PM

infantry should not auto-seeking cover
18 Jul 2013, 18:28 PM

I feel molotovs are the furthest thing from being broken. They are easy to dodge (assuming your AI is cooperating) and for the most part don't kill guys but do damage. I feel like the only purpose of the molotov in game is to dislodge units from buildings.. which so far seems like it's only good use.
21 Jul 2013, 23:00 PM

How well your molotovs do is all rng based, it really is a game of luck :D well your opponent can either completely dodge, or even the hit itself may not do alot of damage. Throwing a molotov is like putting units in a HT. 50/50 chance of dying if you get what i am trying to say :D
21 Jul 2013, 23:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

molotovs being rng is a stupid idea. With flanking being so ineffeiecnt due to weak small arms fire you have to rely on molotovs for good placed mgs
But to see the mg can just sit in 1 molotov relatively unharmed is frustrating, I even had times where a full health no vet mg could take 2 molotovs and survive....
22 Jul 2013, 00:14 AM

I've been having a similar problem to - and it's not from molotov damage. You'll tell your unit to do something, and it simply won't. Tell a sniper to fire, and it'll just stand there, or actually run at the enemy (like it was given a move order). Sometimes a mortar is told to fire, and it won't even setup. It'll just stand there.

As for Molotovs, my only complaint is their price. They are simply so cheap, and so much better than rifle-nades.
22 Jul 2013, 07:16 AM

Permanently Banned
Remove flame crits from molotov.

/Thread.
22 Jul 2013, 07:49 AM

Hmm, I`ve started playing just recently, and it seems like I`m missing something. The whole thread is saying that molotovs are OP and should be fixed, and that rifle grenades are no match for them... While from my not so big expierence I`ve got the opposite expierence:

1. Once I`ve flanked an MG in building, threw a molotov inside, waited cooldown, threw second molotov, waited, then a reinforcement came to MG and drew me away, while MG was still alive in the building...
2. Also molotovs are no match for rifle nades in my opinion:
- has 4x time lower range, killing 2 snipers instantly with rifle nade? Easy. Now try it with molotov. Also you usually have to run out of cover to throw a molotov.
- has low damage, rifle nade instantly kills 2-3 units on direct hit, molotov kills 1, but only if Jupiter was in third fase, otherwise it does pretty low damage, not enough even to kill an MG crew
- the animation... after you hear 'MOLOTOV!' it might take up to 5 seconds before the animation of throwing actually starts, enough time to react, while the only reliable way of dodging rifle grenade is to actually predict where it will be thrown.

So my question is what is so great in molotovs? Why is this thread even exists? I was thinking about stopping using them at all due to their inefficiency, and then I bump into this thread :D
22 Jul 2013, 07:58 AM

problem with molotov is that it do big crits that insta burn some squad members, sometimes don't, IMO it should do passive damage, because currently it's random crit, kill or not, i sometimes had some crits that were killing 3 out of 4 squad members and sometimes they were standing in molotov fire and making barbecue in it dealing no damage
22 Jul 2013, 08:35 AM

Permanently Banned
@Kepa:
1) Both Molotovs and RNades are unreliable vs buildings. Depends on whether it goes in through a window and where the specific models are located in the building.
2) - RNade has minimum range.
- Only a retard loses Snipers to an RNade.
- Rnade is burst dmg, Molotov is AoE DoT. This is the asymetric balance. Are you suggesting Molotov should also do burst, and RNade should also do DoT?
- The cast time for RNade and Molotov are identical. RNades are easier to dodge due to the travel time of the projectile over the minimum range area.

In answer to your question, use of Molotov is to force units to move out of cover and for area denial.
22 Jul 2013, 08:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 08:35 AMNullist
@Kepa:
1) Both Molotovs and RNades are unreliable vs buildings. Depends on whether it goes in through a window and where the specific models are located in the building.
2) - RNade has minimum range.
- Only a retard loses Snipers to an RNade.
- Rnade is burst dmg, Molotov is AoE DoT. This is the asymetric balance. Are you suggesting Molotov should also do burst, and RNade should also do DoT?
- The cast time for RNade and Molotov are identical. RNades are easier to dodge due to the travel time of the projectile over the minimum range area.

In answer to your question, use of Molotov is to force units to move out of cover and for area denial.

Well, thank you for calling me a retard, was nice to meet you too.
As for the rest - didnt know that rifle grenades have minimum range, that changes a lot. And I actually thought that those thingies were quite effective against buildings, if not then what should I use to take mg out of building? Are there any options except flamethrower engies?
And about difference in dmg - yeah I know that it has different natures, but I meant that molotov were ususally not doing sufficient damage, luckily BartonPL`s explanation about molotov random criticals settled this issue :P
22 Jul 2013, 10:23 AM

Permanently Banned
Sorry, didnt mean you specifically.

But letting Snipers get hit by RNade is a big micro fail.
Because of range, because of stealth and because they (incomprehensibly) also have Oorah.

I try often to RNade Snipers, but its more to force them to move, than in any hooe of actually hitting them.

Options vs buildings, reliably, are pretty much limited to flame or destroying the building itself with heavier munitions.
23 Jul 2013, 13:08 PM

Auto-cover system. You click for your units to move, they'll dive for cover and due to the fact Molotovs are DoT AoE, they'll usually kill themselves diving into fire, or not moving fast enough to avoid it.

Also, the standard net code issues that lead to about a one second delay in pretty much every multiplayer match. The benefits of Peer 2 Peer.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★