Login

russian armor

Boredom-induced USF suggestion

7 Aug 2015, 17:17 PM

I wouldn't mind rifleman smoke being free. That would be awesome.

+1 Or at the very least halved in cost. Smoke is so necessary with new MG42 that it can turn into a significant Muni sink in an otherwise already Muni hungry faction.
7 Aug 2015, 18:30 PM

Oh boy, its a neo nazi conspiracy huhu right guys? RIGHT!?!?!

You'll have to forgive us USF players for feeling a bit on the short end of the stick with mediocre weapons, mediocre light vehicles...mediocre everything really. The only thing's we've got left are the airborne doc and m10's :foreveralone:
7 Aug 2015, 18:46 PM
Benefactor 3110

I think the op is onto sth. A Bar supression for 40-60 mun, would be really a good idea. Same goes for his other ideas. Relic should consider this.

Smoke cost are in the right place imho.

In another thread was discussed to allow re to plant decent mines, i would second that too. All together USF would strengthen up and USF would be a factions which needs a lot of munition.
7 Aug 2015, 18:51 PM

The bazooka suggestion is quite good, especially since the the weapon itself was used a lot to dislocate enemy position in buildings and such, a giving a much needed extra utility to this under performing weapon.
7 Aug 2015, 18:54 PM

I had a crazy idea when sitting around staring at the ceiling at work that the USF weapon rack pickups would add abilities to the units that pick them up, somewhat justifying their mediocrity. Implementing this would require stripping RE's of volley fire.

1. BAR would grant units the "Suppressing Fire" ability and the time until suppressed would depend on the amount of BAR's on the squad.

2. The Bazooka would grant the "Fire White Phosphorous Rocket" ability (yes, they existed). This would fire one or two rockets (depending on the amount of 'zooks in the squad). It would provide a nondoctrinal pseudo-flamethrower/building clearer/static weapon team disruptor to a faction that badly needs some more diversity.

3. The 1919 would provide the same suppressing fire/slow ability that paratroopers have as defensive stance is generally agreed to be too good.

Note that all of these would require munitions, thus hopefully balancing them somewhat while allowing usf to fight infantry battles without the massive reliance on vehicles.

Let me know if I'm completely crazy or not.

i love the ideas but really,their abilitys should cost munition??? they already paid for a mediocore weapon and unlocked it with fuel and mp and have other things to use munition(like the AT GUN).they should be free with a reasonable cooldown and give those weapons value for their cost
7 Aug 2015, 19:24 PM

Permanently Banned
Yeah riflemen being able to suppress for free sounds great /s
7 Aug 2015, 20:18 PM

another idea i would like to pitch in is making the MU cost for the smoke grenade ability for the riflemen free because since axis can now pump out MGs a lot faster. concealment is absolutely paramount when facing against that kind of firepower but it is useless within the first 5 minutes of the game because you can't afford it. keep the cool down as it is of course but just make the specific ability free. in matches against human opponents i've seen axis players bring in 2 MGs(uberwagons included) making an easy shutdown for USF since they lack MGs of their own early game

erm...that seems a little unfair. MGs would be pretty well useless if every rifleman squad could just throw smoke around for free.
7 Aug 2015, 20:21 PM

i love the ideas but really,their abilitys should cost munition??? they already paid for a mediocore weapon and unlocked it with fuel and mp and have other things to use munition(like the AT GUN).they should be free with a reasonable cooldown and give those weapons value for their cost

what abilities are free? (very few is the answer i would give). I could be wrong but i can just imagine rifle spam leading to rifle ability spam. Why not give the USF some non doc indirect fire at T0? Btw i did really like the idea for the zooks and bars by the OP.
7 Aug 2015, 20:29 PM

Oh boy, its a neo nazi conspiracy huhu right guys? RIGHT!?!?!

The UK and Soviets are actually portrayed fine. It's just that during the WFA development Relic had grand ambitions of making the Americans an Eldar type faction, only to realize that this is a WWII game. The result: WTF design and unit comp of the Americsns.
7 Aug 2015, 20:32 PM

If the abilities were free, it would be horribly OP. I envisioned them with muni costs so that you couldn't really spam them without investment. In real life, armies need to build up a surplus of supplies before heavy combat, thus it would make sense to float ~200 muni once you acquire these weapons in order to get the maximum effect during a big push on an axis strongpoint.
7 Aug 2015, 20:41 PM

If the abilities were free, it would be horribly OP. I envisioned them with muni costs so that you couldn't really spam them without investment. In real life, armies need to build up a surplus of supplies before heavy combat, thus it would make sense to float ~200 muni once you acquire these weapons in order to get the maximum effect during a big push on an axis strongpoint.

+1 i like this
8 Aug 2015, 18:33 PM

This website...ate my post 3 times and I'm not rewriting it...

I love the idea, just give USF a PE style unlock.
Low/no cost abilities that can only be recharged at headquarters.

Fits awful theme of weapon racks. (RTB for resupply)

Would suggest BAR vet ability that reduces targeted enemies accuracy while slowing BAR squad and making it so BAR squad has slightly less accuracy. Enemies can partially negate effects by being in higher graded covers.

Rifles lose in 1V1 but in 2V2 can crush even vet 3 grens using this. Panzergrens however counter as they can get into point blank (base accuracy too high for modifier to reduce it meaningfully) and mop up BAR squad. Forces axis to rely on mg42 and not just lmg grens even into late game. Forces (already is mind you) USF to get smoke grenades to deal with MG42s. Makes meaningful counters instead of long range infantry for days...

Possible addendum: German officers abilities "rally" affected troops, negating BAR suppression effect.

Late game you get glorious spam of this ability, fitting in well with eventual overwhelming USF resurgence.

2V2s against double OKW if neither picked an MG34 doctrine might be...tough.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 56
unknown 17
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak