17%
44%
30%
9%
Total votes: 66
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
6 Aug 2015, 16:46 PM
Donator 33

Fallschirmjaegers: 440MP; can spawn out of buildings; fully equipped with 4 FG42s.

Falls are a strong unit when they first enter the field to flank snipers or support weapons but they are pretty inefficient afterwards TBH.

They cost more to deploy than Obers; they cost almost as much to reinforce and they lose models faster than Obers (which reduces their DPS significantly).

Their DPS is fine; it's just that the way they deal damage is pretty ineffective. It simply takes ages for them to actually kill models because their FG42s aim at different targets.

So, what's my idea?

I basically want to reduce their shock value and increase their long-term permormance in return.

Here's how:

Falls spawn with 4 Ober Kar98s and can upgrade 2 Fg42s for 90MU. Those FG42s would deal slighty less DPS (combined) than the old 4 FG42s to compensate for the two Ober Kar98s.

They would, however, deal more DPS individually and thus kill models faster. Losing models also wouldn't reduce their DPS as much as it currently does.

Their initial MP cost should be reduced to 380-400.
6 Aug 2015, 16:51 PM

Permanently Banned
No matter how I look at this its a nerf., you pay 40 less manpower and 90 munitions for overall less dps than originally. No change in survivability, no change to ambient building spawn. Queen? Is that you?
6 Aug 2015, 16:54 PM

No matter how I look at this its a nerf., you pay 40 less manpower and 90 munitions for overall less dps than originally. No change in survivability, no change to ambient building spawn. Queen? Is that you?

This. Falls only get really effective once they hit vet 3 to vet 4 ish. If anything I would like to see the spawn out of buildings removed.
6 Aug 2015, 16:58 PM
Donator 33

1. 40 - 60 MP less :luvDerp:

2. This redesign gives them more DPS against single models, they'd have the same squad DPS.

3. Why should I change ambient building spawn?

4. Increase their survivability? Ask relic to fix spacing.
6 Aug 2015, 17:02 PM

How about they don't spawn out of buildings and are instead parachuted in?
6 Aug 2015, 17:04 PM

Permanently Banned
Wrong, if I wanted to spend 90 muni on a 400 mp squad, id buy obers with stgs.

More like, remove ambient building spawn, put received accuracy at .80.

Currently falls are cost effective at a 380mp squad. But Are 440 because of the ambient building spawn.
6 Aug 2015, 17:11 PM
Donator 33

Wrong, if I wanted to spend 90 muni on a 400 mp squad, id buy obers with stgs.

More like, remove ambient building spawn, put received accuracy at .80.

Terrible attempt at masking a nerf falls with a buff falls thread. If you just want them nerfed, then just say it.

You can do whatever you want with your 380-400Mp and 90 muni. Spend it on Obers for more close range damage or spend it on Falls for more long range damage. I don't care.

Building spawn removed for 7% less received accuracy? Please. They'd still lose a lot of DPS for every model they lose while being ineffective at killing models themselves.

And you think I want to nerf Falls? LOL
6 Aug 2015, 17:17 PM

Permanently Banned
Building spawn is a stupid gimmick for such a high dps squad. It is the only reason why falls cost as much as they do and why they are so pitifully weak and bleed like crazy. All in the name of ambient building spawn. Remove it, and suddenly we can remove all the problems plaguing fallschirmjager. Put it at anymore than .75 and its way too good. If falls were to come at 380-400 mp then I think .80 would be good.
6 Aug 2015, 17:19 PM

Just remove spawn from buildings and then give them a manpower drop to about 380 mp to 400 mp. The unit is good enough to just come for the base spawn points for 380, or para dropped for 400.
6 Aug 2015, 17:23 PM

Building spawn is a stupid gimmick for such a high dps squad. It is the only reason why falls cost as much as they do and why they are so pitifully weak and bleed like crazy. All in the name of ambient building spawn. Remove it, and suddenly we can remove all the problems plaguing fallschirmjager. Put it at anymore than .75 and its way too good. If falls were to come at 380-400 mp then I think .80 would be good.

6 Aug 2015, 17:51 PM

Make them actual paratroopers that come in by plane, give them Ober received accuracy and keep the cost.
6 Aug 2015, 18:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Remove spawnbuilding, make them paradrop.

Reduce cost to 400mp (their real value is 380mp)

If you still want to get .07 RA, leave the price as is, and just remove spawnbuilding.
6 Aug 2015, 18:26 PM

Make them actual paratroopers that come in by plane, give them Ober received accuracy and keep the cost.

This is completely ahistorical, so no.
6 Aug 2015, 18:40 PM
Patrion 14

This is completely ahistorical, so no.

You mean like the last ability in the doctrine that actually allows you to paradrop them in?

I like the idea of the FG42 being a upgrade. BUT the standard weapon of the Fallschirmjägers should be the STG44. Not the K98k.
6 Aug 2015, 18:59 PM

^ Pretty much what i was thinking.

All they need is a cost decrease to 400mp and maybe a bit less received accuracy.
6 Aug 2015, 19:19 PM
Donator 33

Reducing their initial cost won't change their reinforcement cost.

A received accuracy reduction of 7% is not that much and it won't change the fact that losing models severely reduces their DPS. It also won't change the fact that they kill models relatively slowly due to their weapon profile.

So why not

- remove their building spawn
- leave their cost as it is
- reduce their rec acc a bit AND
- change their weapons to 2* Ober Kar98s and 2* (buffed) FG42s (squad DPS will stay the same but they'll kill models slightly faster)
6 Aug 2015, 19:47 PM

I just hate hate hate the fact that they are always bunched together in a tight formation. Other day, I tried to re-position and test this out, and no matter where my model will stand, they are always bunched up. This opens up to instant wipes far too many times. Out of all the infantry units, Falls face the most squad bunching mechanic, its like all the models are magnetic to one and another.
6 Aug 2015, 20:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2015, 18:40 PMSikko

You mean like the last ability in the doctrine that actually allows you to paradrop them in?

I like the idea of the FG42 being a upgrade. BUT the standard weapon of the Fallschirmjägers should be the STG44. Not the K98k.

It has a massive muni cost to represent the fact that German para drops were pretty much obsolete.
6 Aug 2015, 20:43 PM
Patrion 14

It has a massive muni cost to represent the fact that German para drops were pretty much obsolete.

Yes, that has to be the reason.
6 Aug 2015, 21:01 PM
Patrion 14

Remove spawnbuilding, make them paradrop.

Reduce cost to 400mp (their real value is 380mp)

If you still want to get .07 RA, leave the price as is, and just remove spawnbuilding.

good post. +1.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS