Login

russian armor

UKF - infantry units

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
16 Aug 2015, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 15:30 PMHorasu
This mentality of "UKF will be OP" in this thread is pretty cancerous. Whether you trust Relic to release a balanced faction or not, can we wait for it to be released before being judging it? All of you guys are talking about "OP this, UP that" like it's fact when everyone is just riding the dumb hype train from promo videos.

How about giving UKF a fair chance by going into it objectively and determining what's OP and what's UP without a precognitive bias? UKF is still a real faction that deserves to have its own strengths and weaknesses. It'd be a shame if the impending wave of butthurt prevented it from being the awesome faction it deserves to be.

Maybe first mounths of opposing fronts ? maybe kangoroo cancer ? maybe OP wester front armies in begining (US haftruck , OKW jesuskubel , prenerfed obers , volks , Kingtiger and many other nice OP thinks that many abused ) :hansRNG:
16 Aug 2015, 21:12 PM

Plus alpha experience that we may or may not be allowed to talk about. Like how Vet 3 Commandos with a PIAT hard-countered oh, every unit in the game.

Obersoldaten? Dead. MG Bunker? Dead. Panzer IV? Dead. Vet 3 Panzergrenadiers? Dead.
16 Aug 2015, 21:19 PM

Plus alpha experience that we may or may not be allowed to talk about. Like how Vet 3 Commandos with a PIAT hard-countered oh, every unit in the game.

Obersoldaten? Dead. MG Bunker? Dead. Panzer IV? Dead. Vet 3 Panzergrenadiers? Dead.

If you presented your findings to Relic in the same manner I am sure they will have done some adjusting. Unless they are like Riot.
16 Aug 2015, 21:26 PM

Commanders at the end of the Alpha didnt have changes that people were asking for real bad, namely commandos. Broken from the start and only got a price increase.

Then the air superiority ability within the commando commander...

Click at the edge of the base during a big retreat, and of course you can activate the ability in the fog of war, and the radius is large enough to reach the enemy base, pelting them with killer AI strafes, typhoon rockets, followed by a nuking of the enemy base.

Or you can use it to force out a camping enemy because its death for everything that stays in the circle.
16 Aug 2015, 21:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 21:19 PMQbix
If you presented your findings to Relic in the same manner I am sure they will have done some adjusting. Unless they are like Riot.

I'm sure they've gotten changed by now, many people posted about how batshit overpowered Commandos were. Being used almost every game was also probably a good indication.
16 Aug 2015, 21:37 PM

I'm sure they've gotten changed by now, many people posted about how batshit overpowered Commandos were. Being used almost every game was also probably a good indication.

as long as they can still fight on par against the super duper soldiers (obers) thats fine by me
16 Aug 2015, 21:40 PM

as long as they can still fight on par against the super duper soldiers (obers) thats fine by me

Isn't their role different, tho? Obers are best when static and in cover while Commandos should be more like Shock Troops, no?
16 Aug 2015, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 21:40 PMQbix

Isn't their role different, tho? Obers are best when static and in cover while Commandos should be more like Shock Troops, no?

both are elite units and since super duper soldiers have the advantage of being able to shred through most allied infantry units like so much toilet paper i can have a hard time imagining commandos trying to close the distance...
17 Aug 2015, 08:33 AM

both are elite units and since super duper soldiers have the advantage of being able to shred through most allied infantry units like so much toilet paper i can have a hard time imagining commandos trying to close the distance...

oh dont worry infantry sections outclass even obers after a while.
17 Aug 2015, 11:34 AM
Patrion 14

Old OKW times 4. If the game goes on to long against Brits super heavy's even ain't going to save your ass.

I disagree, Brits do not have a KT, JT or ele type tank. The only hard hitting tank they have are the comet and firefly. And those are medium tanks.
The Churchill is like a kV but with a slightly better gun and vet.

Now there AI tanks on the other hand MVGame. OP as fuck.

Axis will still have the strongest multirole tanks.
17 Aug 2015, 11:37 AM

Oh please, someone might actually believe that PIATs are useful against anything else then KT/JT and bunkers :sibPheasant:
17 Aug 2015, 12:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 11:34 AMLooney

I disagree, Brits do not have a KT, JT or ele type tank. The only hard hitting tank they have are the comet and firefly. And those are medium tanks.
The Churchill is like a kV but with a slightly better gun and vet.

Now there AI tanks on the other hand MVGame. OP as fuck.

Axis will still have the strongest multirole tanks.

They have abilities and things like the Firefly and Comet that can punch waaaay above their weight class or things like the 17 pounder. They are basically hand crafted to smash heavies; what they struggle against is massed medium tanks.

The Churchill is like the KV except much much better vet, a better gun, almost 400 more health and 30 more armor. But like I said before the British heavies are actually more equivalent to other factions mediums, while it's the British mediums that are more equivalent to Axis heavies.
17 Aug 2015, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 11:37 AMKatitof

Oh please, someone might actually believe that PIATs are useful against anything else then KT/JT and bunkers :sibPheasant:

If it was for real, PIATs should be useful against nothing. There is no recording in all WW2 history of a piat actually knocking off a vehicle. Yes, it was THAT bad.
17 Aug 2015, 14:06 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 14:01 PMJohnnyB

If it was for real, PIATs should be useful against nothing. There is no recording in all WW2 history of a piat actually knocking off a vehicle. Yes, it was THAT bad.

I think you may be incorrect here. Can I suggest you look at the reason why six men won the VC?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PIAT
17 Aug 2015, 14:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 14:01 PMJohnnyB

An analysis by British staff officers of the initial period of the Normandy campaign found that 7% of all German tanks destroyed by British forces were knocked out by PIATs, compared to 6% by rockets fired by aircraft.
17 Aug 2015, 18:55 PM

Yes USF are finally getting armor nerfs to Shermans and slower Jacksons because they rely on range. Other than that everything is set.

stop trolling the poor USF players. They don't need fake bad news right now. NDA NDA but all I'll say is keep the flags flying USF fans
17 Aug 2015, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 11:37 AMKatitof

PIATs normally were okay, but Commandos with their veterancy damage increase were broken as fuck.
17 Aug 2015, 19:32 PM

To put things into perspective Commando's were capable of 1 shotting mediums, a commando squad with two shreks could 1 shot a KT.
17 Aug 2015, 19:40 PM

To put things into perspective Commando's were capable of 1 shotting mediums, a commando squad with two shreks could 1 shot a KT.

And you have seen commandos with two schrecks do this to a full health KT? Someone did post the stats of ambush bonus, but im not sure it actually has an infinite multiplier... I forgot the stats and i didnt save the guy's post because i fooled myself into believing Relic didnt destroy previous patch discussions, so i assumed it was 400% damage; enough to one-two shot nearly everything hostile.
17 Aug 2015, 19:44 PM

And you have seen commandos with two schrecks do this to a full health KT? Someone did post the stats of ambush bonus, but im not sure it actually has an infinite multiplier... I forgot the stats and i didnt save the guy's post because i fooled myself into believing Relic didnt destroy previous patch discussions, so i assumed it was 400% damage; enough to one-two shot nearly everything hostile.

They got times 8 damage. Meaning 1 zook = 1 dead medium. 1 shrek = 1 dead Panther. 2 Zooks = almost dead Tiger (due to deflection damage). 2 Shreks = dead anything.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS