UKF - infantry units

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
2 Aug 2015, 20:56 PM

Duel sten vet 3 Tommies were just :*( to play against

Dual Bren*

Because moar LMG's... MVGame
2 Aug 2015, 21:04 PM

But overall, I thought it was a great improvement, yet I still do not understand why the mortar could not be mobile...unless somebody with influence has a love for the original thing. Equally, the 17 pounder is almost an anachronism in the Army now and I can see no good reason why it was retained.

Seeing as they're also bringing back the Pershing and Calliope, I'm just guessing Relic is nostalgic and wants to make the Americans and Brits like CoH1 for some reason. I don't like it, and I hope they don't go overboard...
2 Aug 2015, 21:08 PM

Ironically the best counters to brits isn't late game super units (Brits are really really fucking good at killing heavy armor) but just hordes of cheap units.
2 Aug 2015, 21:29 PM

Ironically the best counters to brits isn't late game super units (Brits are really really fucking good at killing heavy armor) but just hordes of cheap units.
Exactly what I feared. Special snowflake bonus for the 17 pounder. Meanwhile the Panther 75mm gun fades in comparison (just look at the reload). I mean after all a heavier tank with a good gun should be able to manage a lighter tank with a good gun.
2 Aug 2015, 21:43 PM
Patrion 14

Exactly what I feared. Special snowflake bonus for the 17 pounder. Meanwhile the Panther 75mm gun fades in comparison (just look at the reload). I mean after all a heavier tank with a good gun should be able to manage a lighter tank with a good gun.

Whoever said the problem was a lighter tank? :bananadance:
2 Aug 2015, 22:04 PM

Whoever said the problem was a lighter tank? :bananadance:

if he means by lighter tank do he mean the sherman firefly after all the british did predict that the germans would be fielding heavier armor so thats why they developed the 17 pdr
2 Aug 2015, 22:06 PM

Like I'm not kidding. The most effective doctrines against British are Ostruppen and mobile defense.
2 Aug 2015, 22:17 PM

if he means by lighter tank do he mean the sherman firefly after all the british did predict that the germans would be fielding heavier armor so thats why they developed the 17 pdr
Yes. The Sherman Firefly was much less armored than a Panther, while having pretty much the same armor piercing performance. Don´t want to see Panthers losing 1v1. The only thing the Panther can currently do is anti tank - if Germans can´t even fight other tanks with their armor (and the comments hinted on that), it´s gonna be useless.
2 Aug 2015, 22:35 PM

While I wouldn't be as negative/drastic as cardboard....going anything larger than a PIV against Brits isn't a great idea.
3 Aug 2015, 00:01 AM

The new meta is all about Stugs and Panzer IVs anyway so that's probably fine.

And balance may have changed substantially by launch.
3 Aug 2015, 00:05 AM

The new meta is all about Stugs and Panzer IVs anyway so that's probably fine.

And balance may have changed substantially by launch.

here's hoping they put transfer orders post-launch i still hate to send my units into a yolo suicide in order to free up pop cap for other better units
3 Aug 2015, 04:10 AM

Just how good is UKF lategame? Like on par to slightly worse than OKW?
3 Aug 2015, 04:19 AM

Just how good is UKF lategame? Like on par to slightly worse than OKW?

Old OKW times 4. If the game goes on to long against Brits super heavy's even ain't going to save your ass.
3 Aug 2015, 04:22 AM

Old OKW times 4. If the game goes on to long against Brits super heavy's even ain't going to save your ass.

Holy hell. Having to play Axis aggressively will be refreshing.
3 Aug 2015, 04:35 AM

Holy hell. Having to play Axis aggressively will be refreshing.

Who said you can play them aggressively? :D
3 Aug 2015, 04:37 AM

Who said you can play them aggressively? :D

oh boy
3 Aug 2015, 05:10 AM

Beating Brits is about having shitloads of cheap stuff they can't cost effectively trade with. Like sure you might be taking more losses but it's -was- easy to drain them down to nothing. But you have to ensure they are down on resources towards the end of the game or else !!!FUN!!! stuff will happen to you.
3 Aug 2015, 05:22 AM

Like I'm not kidding. The most effective doctrines against British are Ostruppen and mobile defense.

Yeah when I saw how expensive the Brits initial four-man squads are I immediately knew that Osttruppen with snipers would wreck them. Mobile Defense would only add some extra spice to the annihilation. I guess Royal Engie spam might be a thing then?
3 Aug 2015, 05:27 AM

Yes. The Sherman Firefly was much less armored than a Panther, while having pretty much the same armor piercing performance. Don´t want to see Panthers losing 1v1. The only thing the Panther can currently do is anti tank - if Germans can´t even fight other tanks with their armor (and the comments hinted on that), it´s gonna be useless.

same with the firefly in that its only good with anti-tank roles as for 1v1 only September 3 will give us an idea whether or not a panther will win or lose in a 1v1 against a firefly. i'd be more interested to see if the comet tank could in a 1v1 match stand up to a panther
3 Aug 2015, 06:02 AM

Yeah when I saw how expensive the Brits initial four-man squads are I immediately knew that Osttruppen with snipers would wreck them. Mobile Defense would only add some extra spice to the annihilation. I guess Royal Engie spam might be a thing then?

Yes, people will try to spam royal engineers with their cheaper reinforce cost (and at vet 3 they apparently receive even cheaper reinforce cost). They actually arent bad at close range, and you can equip weapons on them... Would have rather said that if they showed off weapon rack.

Ill mention Firefly performance at the end of Alpha once Firefly gets shown off... But i am very sure they probably put some more changes on it since then.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS