Login

russian armor

UKF - infantry units

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
3 Aug 2015, 06:16 AM
Donator 11

Commandos: a squad where each man has the cloaking capabiltiy of the Ostheer sniper, combined with ultra close range DPS.

For whatever reason, having an ambush "bonus" when attacking from cloak, increasing RoF, accuracy, DPS, god knows what. I had one sneak up on a puma from the front and the enemy got so scared as its health was dropping ridiculously from SMG's, and he smoked away from an AI infantry squad...

#Balance

Also, you can camp behind any cover and wipe any squad/squads (plural) to win as well. Had a 3v3 where ally told us to stop using them because enemy was crying so bad from the chaos.

he he my mate once once dropped two Panzerschrecks and the 2 schrecks "one"(in fact two)-shotted a full health Ostwind. :DDDDDDDD

#relicBalance #ambush #sogood
3 Aug 2015, 07:54 AM

same with the firefly in that its only good with anti-tank roles as for 1v1 only September 3 will give us an idea whether or not a panther will win or lose in a 1v1 against a firefly. i'd be more interested to see if the comet tank could in a 1v1 match stand up to a panther
You mean the vehicle that had 74mm armor on the hull front? That´s less than a Panzer IV. A Panther should still make short process of that.
3 Aug 2015, 08:20 AM

You mean the vehicle that had 74mm armor on the hull front? That´s less than a Panzer IV. A Panther should still make short process of that.

3 Aug 2015, 08:24 AM

Like I'm not kidding. The most effective doctrines against British are Ostruppen and mobile defense.

ANd of course best unit is sniper if protected well (4 men squads with 35 mp reinforcement + snipers crazy rof)

Only think i fear a bit are sniper wars (USF vs ostheer sniper)
3 Aug 2015, 08:41 AM

Do not forget assgrens. British basic infantry is not that good outside of cover, so assgren based builds supported with flamer pios and 222 for light at into fast tanks are very effective against them.

Its not like you need regular grens for fausts anyway.
3 Aug 2015, 08:49 AM
Donator 11

Do not forget assgrens. British basic infantry is not that good outside of cover, so assgren based builds supported with flamer pios and 222 for light at into fast tanks are very effective against them.

Its not like you need regular grens for fausts anyway.

Yeah, assault grens and flame pio spam into a fast P IV.
3 Aug 2015, 08:57 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Yeah, assault grens and flame pio spam into a fast P IV.

Assgrens and Pgrens < Commandos in ambush
3 Aug 2015, 09:07 AM
Donator 11

I am assuming they nerfed that, that out of cloaking buff was really too much. Assgrens and flame pios into a quick P IV worked for me most of the time. Pgrens are just a waste of MP.

But what I really like is the other doctrine that would help conscripts late game in team games
3 Aug 2015, 09:26 AM

Its like saying all tanks in a game < vet 5 jagdtiger.

UKF needs to get those super-expensive commandos first, and then I can only wish em luck fighting ostheer t3.
3 Aug 2015, 10:41 AM

People seem to be forgetting the British Maxpin...uh, er, NutKickers Vickers. Stick one of those behind your tommies to strong-arm enemy squads and watch the carnage methinks.
3 Aug 2015, 13:06 PM

I think the UKF will be nothing but another Relic commercial strategy. They will be OP at the start, have cool units, in order for people to buy the faction, then, in at most half a year, most of their units will be changed or/and nerfed. That happened to OKW, same phenomenon. That happened at a smaller scale with many ostheer or soviet doctrines, that were OP at the moment of release. They were cool and OP like hell, people bought them because they wanted to win, then Relic nerfed them, but meanwhile they cashed alot of money selling them.
That is why I am not buying british forces. Because it's just another strategy to squeeze money from us, while screwing up balance. I mean it would be ok if it was just about the money, but screwing up balance for profit it's crime in my book.
3 Aug 2015, 13:14 PM

Pay 2 Win dictates that brits must be an OP faction :)
3 Aug 2015, 13:18 PM

Pay 2 Win dictates that brits must be an OP faction :)

Like.... pay 360 menpower as ostheer to automatically win against brits :sibPheasant:
3 Aug 2015, 13:49 PM

I think the UKF will be nothing but another Relic commercial strategy. They will be OP at the start, have cool units, in order for people to buy the faction, then, in at most half a year, most of their units will be changed or/and nerfed. That happened to OKW, same phenomenon. That happened at a smaller scale with many ostheer or soviet doctrines, that were OP at the moment of release. They were cool and OP like hell, people bought them because they wanted to win, then Relic nerfed them, but meanwhile they cashed alot of money selling them.
That is why I am not buying british forces. Because it's just another strategy to squeeze money from us, while screwing up balance. I mean it would be ok if it was just about the money, but screwing up balance for profit it's crime in my book.

Why would they waste money on an alpha then?

Not that there won't possibly be problems on release.
3 Aug 2015, 14:41 PM

So with Brits, maybe 4v4 Axis ownage mode can maybe be slightly more interesting (ie less one-sided)?
3 Aug 2015, 14:52 PM

So can Sturmtiger 1-shot Brit emplacement? And do the Brit have any anti-garrison weapon? Because beside Churchill crocodile, I don't see any other method.
3 Aug 2015, 19:01 PM

Well I see Gammon Bombs as an option. Plus I think I heard someone say the Bren Carrier has something but since it's NDA, I can't repeat it even though I'm not an Alpha Tester. Besides those things, I can't think of anything else based on what's released so far for early game.
3 Aug 2015, 22:31 PM

Well I see Gammon Bombs as an option. Plus I think I heard someone say the Bren Carrier has something but since it's NDA, I can't repeat it even though I'm not an Alpha Tester. Besides those things, I can't think of anything else based on what's released so far for early game.

is it too late to be an alpha tester?
3 Aug 2015, 22:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

is it too late to be an alpha tester?

alpha finished beginning of June

3 Aug 2015, 22:43 PM

alpha finished beginning of June

yup too late thanks for the info tho
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10