• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
1 Aug 2015, 17:47 PM
Donator 11

e Soviets have a good stock army now, you can stop whining

Please, do that. take your own advise
1 Aug 2015, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2015, 13:02 PMFrost

You can try to get panzer commander from Elite Armor Doc for example on Pz4 and call in barrage from it. But also remember about sweepers.

I don't always call a barrage. But when I do, i am 5 meters away from the gun.

(Also ignoring that at that point you could shoot at the gun).

Get real. :foreveralone:
1 Aug 2015, 17:50 PM

I don't always call a barrage. But when I do, i am 5 meters away from the gun.
(Also ignoring that at that point you could shoot at the gun).

Get real. :foreveralone:

Use Blitzkrieg my Herr :sibHyena:
1 Aug 2015, 18:20 PM

Please, do that. take your own advise

What's your issue? My only problem with the 152mm is that it's just better than the LefH while costing the same and the fact OKW has no counter.

nee
1 Aug 2015, 18:21 PM

I don't mind the fact that it works. That's not what I'm complaining about. On maps like crossing in the woods the howitzers can fire on anything within your base or anything on the map. That's the only issue I have.

You should consider posting in the official forums of this game, where the people are less self-entitled bitches.

As for range, it's a problem since small maps allow this whereas larger maps will never have this issue. I suppose one additional way to deal with this problem is that HQ sectors offer an inherent accuracy penalty, or that the longer a unit barrages, the longer it stays detected within Fog of War.

Hard to work around though, since by all intents and purposes, artillery firing into appropriate range (and HQ sector happening to be in that range) is pretty much intentional design. You'd have to apply all these specific particulars just for the issue of HQ territory.

Another (potentially controversial) approach is to revamp the commanders that allow building these emplacements, ie removing certain abilities like Recon Sweep or other airstrikes, or even just increasing popcap/ upkeep of these emplacements so players can't reply on them doing most of the work in securing the map. But that's probably going to make new problems since that deals with small maps, not large ones.
1 Aug 2015, 18:35 PM

Eeach single game I play against that pathetic russian race a I have to face ML-20. Its constant base bombing. Stuka is not enough. It usually only decrew it and russian noob will just recrew and smile because if lowered popcap.

Give OKW Hummel so we can do the sime to those russian noobs. Let them enjoy the same and watch how they will cry on the forum.
1 Aug 2015, 18:44 PM

it must cost 60 to 100 munition for barrage with this quality

this is more powerful than any other off map arty

it can actually eliminate you

it doesnt need vision or any skill if you just shoot at your enemy base

the reason why this is so scary, the mines are everywhere

soviet IL2 and ML20 can just wombo combo

SU-76 barrage also need to cost 45 to 60

1 Aug 2015, 18:45 PM

???

The SU-76 costs less than the StuG III but has better pen and range, Ostheer doesn't even have a TD with 60 range.

Stug have OP stun shell that stun even is2 for long time. I thin they both are fine.
1 Aug 2015, 19:18 PM

I don't generally base rush to see what base structures my opponent has and most of the time the first salvo is enough to take out a considerable amount of my units.

I don't mind constructive criticism but I'm not an idiot. I know it's pvp. I was just bringing up the point that base arty that can fire on your base seems a bit ridiculous.

The moment the first shell, not salvo, hits the ground, you know where your opponent clicked and what it was. The chances of that wiping your shit is there, but small. Move your units, wait for the storm to pass, and move on.

Building a 600mp arty is a great compromise to map control/presence. Try playing arty and see for your self.
1 Aug 2015, 19:20 PM

Its not only axis's problem also allies have same problem, my mate lost all his units after retreating to base in 2v2 match. Axis howitzer starts fire after another barage ends something like no cooldown time. And i couldn't do anything with my t34/85 commander :/ Divebomb and boming run works against it.
1 Aug 2015, 19:33 PM

Its not only axis's problem also allies have same problem, my mate lost all his units after retreating to base in 2v2 match. Axis howitzer starts fire after another barage ends something like no cooldown time. And i couldn't do anything with my t34/85 commander :/ Divebomb and boming run works against it.

Important lesson we hope he learned from that scenario is:

Do not blob and mass retreat.

And yea, ost howi cooldown was never fixed, so you can pretty much constantly barrage with it.
1 Aug 2015, 19:51 PM

Important lesson we hope he learned from that scenario is:

Do not blob and mass retreat.

And yea, ost howi cooldown was never fixed, so you can pretty much constantly barrage with it.

Axis arty comes like rain never stops no cooldown time, in that case mass retreat or 1 unit retreat doesn't matter. Sooner or later every unit dies in base if retreats.

our replay is here btw http://www.coh2.org/replay/37323/close-game-1-vp
1 Aug 2015, 20:01 PM

Maybe reduce the range? A Vet 3 Soviet Howie can even hit the Axis base from its own base on Moscow Outskirts map, one of the biggest maps in 2v2. There really isn't a map in 1v1, 2v2 where the Soviet Howie can't hit your base. I had to run my Walking Stuka up to the road right in front of their base park it next to a Zis gun and firew off the barrage then double quick around the corner to survive. Luckily the barrage killed the gun, otherwise they would have just recrewed.
The OKW does desperately needs a counter to it. Unfortunately our only hope of getting a new doc won't be until Sept 3rd at the earliest. Even then Relic may decide not to release anything for the other factions to encourage people to buy British faction.
1 Aug 2015, 22:18 PM

Maybe reduce the range? A Vet 3 Soviet Howie can even hit the Axis base from its own base on Moscow Outskirts map, one of the biggest maps in 2v2. There really isn't a map in 1v1, 2v2 where the Soviet Howie can't hit your base. I had to run my Walking Stuka up to the road right in front of their base park it next to a Zis gun and firew off the barrage then double quick around the corner to survive. Luckily the barrage killed the gun, otherwise they would have just recrewed.
The OKW does desperately needs a counter to it. Unfortunately our only hope of getting a new doc won't be until Sept 3rd at the earliest. Even then Relic may decide not to release anything for the other factions to encourage people to buy British faction.

The brits single-handedly killed competitive coh 1. No one who I give a shit about played with brist or against. Everyone quit. Praise 4v4 Coh1 it was pretty fun..

Tales of Heroes stopped casting because of Coh1 brits. That was a really good cast / show. I honestly see a tiny disaster of lessons not learned.. we will see.

Without playing anything:
// Brace structure, Oh shit The inf overwhelms me!
// Some kind of buff for green cover, where all factions really need to use it

Finally emplaments.. whatever, it just sounds like the same mistakes and it's frustrating.

Also ML-20 against OKW i shall lul.

Edit: I almost want to get banned from Coh2.org.. and official forums.. but no one ever has ban hammered.. the stuff I read most of the time, it's too painful : ] Feel free mods. '_'
1 Aug 2015, 23:26 PM

What are you trying to say here.

How about them just being equal? The LeFH's positives do not outweigh the ML-20's positives. If they are going to cost them same, take up the same pop cap they need to be similar in performance. If think something costing the same and being objectively worse is okay then well just lol

Well Grenadiers and Conscripts cost the same buuuut...yeah,no problem here ?
Plus,the LefH is pretty good,on long games I haz over 20 kills with it
1 Aug 2015, 23:36 PM

Well Grenadiers and Conscripts cost the same buuuut...yeah,no problem here ?
Plus,the LefH is pretty good,on long games I haz over 20 kills with it

Except cons beat grens at close range, grens beat cons at long. Both have equal strengths and weakness's when paired off against each other. The ML-20 has waaaaaay more advantages for costing exactly the same.
1 Aug 2015, 23:45 PM

Except cons beat grens at close range, grens beat cons at long. Both have equal strengths and weakness's when paired off against each other. The ML-20 has waaaaaay more advantages for costing exactly the same.

But Alex,in the mid game a Con squad,even upgraded to Ppsh's loose to the (LMG)Gren squad because to close the distance,Conscripts loose 2-3 models,hence they loose 30-50% of their close range DPS...agree that ML-20 performs better than Lefh but maybe that is the point...asymetric balance shit
2 Aug 2015, 04:49 AM
Donator 11

What's your issue? My only problem with the 152mm is that it's just better than the LefH while costing the same and the fact OKW has no counter.

There were others who explained why there was not much of a differance between the two, but you don't have the capacity to listen or have a dialogue. Then you said LeFH is useless coz allies don't have defensive structures.

Yes, OKW does not have a direct counter. But thousands of people play OKW and find a way according to the situation. Now stop whining
2 Aug 2015, 05:57 AM

There were others who explained why there was not much of a differance between the two, but you don't have the capacity to listen or have a dialogue. Then you said LeFH is useless coz allies don't have defensive structures.

Yes, OKW does not have a direct counter. But thousands of people play OKW and find a way according to the situation. Now stop whining

Ah yes, "others" which comprised of 1 person; katitof. Either your his alt account or this is saddest attempt at cheerleading Iv ever seen.

The LeFH has 2 advantages; firing slightly more shells and a "shorter" cooldown. Neither of them make up for the fact that it's the same price as the ML-20 despite being a worse artillery piece. Yes people still play OKW, but people still played Soviets back during old Tiger ace days and people played Axis during 100 range anti-everything ISU days.
2 Aug 2015, 08:13 AM
Donator 11

Ah yes, "others" which comprised of 1 person; katitof. Either your his alt account or this is saddest attempt at cheerleading Iv ever seen.

The LeFH has 2 advantages; firing slightly more shells and a "shorter" cooldown. Neither of them make up for the fact that it's the same price as the ML-20 despite being a worse artillery piece. Yes people still play OKW, but people still played Soviets back during old Tiger ace days and people played Axis during 100 range anti-everything ISU days.

Listen OKW got a number of buffs and its a fun faction to play. I started playing OKW almost after 8 months. Both artillary pieces have advantages and disadvantages. I have taken out ML 20 blobbers using stuka bombs(btw not only CAS has stuka dive bombs, not that I am apologizing for CAS, I LOVE CAS :p) and it was GG. And I play against a lot of Quad rushers too, but its easily counterable and people are realizing that now and the whine train is over.

The artillery pieces got a buff finally, i don't want either nerfed only after days
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS