Login

russian armor

M26 Pershing/Calliope Debate

PAGES (12)down
nee
18 Aug 2015, 04:27 AM

You're wrong, and if you think I'm the one being a dick, just look at a mirror. I did not ask you what is a heavy tank, I asked what do you define as a heavy tank. It is whatever you think it is, the problem is YOU'RE withholding relevant information here. Jumbo being more durable while also being unique to Tiger/ IS2 honestly does not require it being a heavy tank, so why call it that? Knowing what the terms you are using is VERY relevant when you're using them, and it matters because honestly we do not know what you mean when you say it; if I say you're gay but didn't mean homosexual as the term also can be used for, its kind of relevant for me to make sure I point that out, does it not?
KV-1 is a heavy tank but it might as well not be considering how shit it performs against Panther, a medium tank by all definitions except damage and range, which make it more like a tank destroyer. Do you want the Jumbo to be the kind of heavy tank that the KV-1 is? Because that's probably not what a lot of USF players would consider a suitable solution.
There is also the issue of Jumbo unit with 76mm gun for better AT: you're no longer in the realm of durable tank now, it's durable tank that also has good firepower. But that's getting pretty close to IS-2 copy paste, doesn't it?
Lastly, the term matters precisely because you keep using it.
18 Aug 2015, 04:39 AM

or you could just add both the M4A3E2 Jumbo and M26 Pershing in there because USF lacks variety in their inventory right now
18 Aug 2015, 04:44 AM

Relics giving the USF a light AT gun like the M42 but can fire WP rounds, you didn't see the leak?
18 Aug 2015, 04:47 AM

Relics giving the USF a light AT gun like the M42 but can fire WP rounds, you didn't see the leak?

ima need to see a picture to believe it with my own 2 eyes...oh wait no under NDA you are not? nvm then...
nee
18 Aug 2015, 06:35 AM

I think he's just trolling as usual.
19 Aug 2015, 23:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 06:35 AMnee
I think he's just trolling as usual.

oh really?
20 Aug 2015, 00:21 AM

Half the people on this forum are just trolling by this point, even the staff ;)
20 Aug 2015, 04:08 AM

Half the people on this forum are just trolling by this point, even the staff ;)

god damit -_-
20 Aug 2015, 04:39 AM

Yeah I was trolling. Sorry dude
20 Aug 2015, 20:13 PM

Heck, give USA the T28, 29 or 30.

If they're really not going to give USF a heavy, I really like the idea if you could up-gun the Sherman or pay some fuel/muni to convert it to a Calliope or other variants.

I do think overall MP & fuel costs for USF tanks should be lowered though. In reality, the USA tanks were inferior to much of the Wehrmacht in WW2. More or less, the tank wars were won with overwhelming numbers. IMO, the game provides 1:1 tank battles instead of a 1:1.5 or 1:2. With all the powerful AT Axis has in this game (powerful shreks, Paks, emplacements,Raketen, AND strong tanks), I don't see how this would imbalance too much.
20 Aug 2015, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 20:13 PMGhostTX
Heck, give USA the T28, 29 or 30.

This isn't WoT, they're not going to add prototype units that never left the testing grounds.
20 Aug 2015, 20:35 PM

The pershing and calliope is coming on September 3rd so there's no point of this thread ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
20 Aug 2015, 20:41 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 20:35 PMF1sh
The pershing and calliope is coming on September 3rd so there's no point of this thread ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jason said relic is not adding to or changing the current factions until after OCF at least. :foreveralone:
20 Aug 2015, 20:45 PM

Jason said relic is not adding to or changing the current factions until after OCF at least. :foreveralone:

Can confirm.:foreveralone:
20 Aug 2015, 20:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 20:35 PMF1sh
THat's never happening. It would be a balance clusterfuck to balance brits and all the new commanders all in one month. Most likely the patch afterwards.
20 Aug 2015, 20:52 PM

:foreveralone: :foreveralone: :foreveralone: :foreveralone:
20 Aug 2015, 21:19 PM

While USF struggles in late game, you have to understand that the trade-off is their ability to jump out of tanks, give any kind of weapon to anyone and to switch vehicle crews to your liking, and giving you a squad for free when you're teching up. By giving them a heavy tank you all of a sudden have a severly over powered faction that will beat the crap out of you in both early and late game. And how should the unit be implemented in the game? Putting it in a commander will make it a no-brainer choise, unless all other abilities and potential units are crap. Putting it in the regular tech will make it extremely OP combined with certain call-in abilities such as P47-s or why not combined with call-in tanks such as m10's or Bulldozer Shermans. It's just not as easy as it sounds to balance USF because of all these factors.
21 Aug 2015, 06:19 AM

My main complaint about the USF is that unless you pick the Airborne commander, you never really have full access to your entire line of crew weapons.

I believe the info graphic they just released to outline the strengths and weaknesses of each faction said that the USF excels in combined arms.

How is this possible if they don't even have a base line mortar? How is this possible if they have to pick between either a MG or an AT gun?

The fundamental rock paper scissors idea of the game has been thrown out the window with the OKW and USF. USF players cannot adequately answer MG spam or heavy tanks.

When it takes significantly more effort for one faction to counter something that another faction does, it's not fun.

As a primarily USF player, I would like to have access to a complete set of crew weapons after the selection of Lieutenant or Captain. I believe that to be essential. A heavy tank comes secondary to that, for me at least.
21 Aug 2015, 07:18 AM

When's Relic nerfing Riflemen?
21 Aug 2015, 15:11 PM

My main complaint about the USF is that unless you pick the Airborne commander, you never really have full access to your entire line of crew weapons.

I believe the info graphic they just released to outline the strengths and weaknesses of each faction said that the USF excels in combined arms.

How is this possible if they don't even have a base line mortar? How is this possible if they have to pick between either a MG or an AT gun?

The fundamental rock paper scissors idea of the game has been thrown out the window with the OKW and USF. USF players cannot adequately answer MG spam or heavy tanks.

When it takes significantly more effort for one faction to counter something that another faction does, it's not fun.

As a primarily USF player, I would like to have access to a complete set of crew weapons after the selection of Lieutenant or Captain. I believe that to be essential. A heavy tank comes secondary to that, for me at least.

well said
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 47
Germany 18
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L