Login

russian armor

Anyone else not able to play?

10 Jun 2013, 23:26 PM

Whenever I start a game, it shoots me back to the lobby and shows a "please wait" message that never goes away, but only since the new patch.
10 Jun 2013, 23:32 PM

Same! Every single time it just pings me straight back after loading. Even in a skirmish vs AI :/
10 Jun 2013, 23:45 PM

there's a couple of things you can try.

First make sure you are running RelicCoH2.exe and Steam as an administrator (for all users) and all compatibility modes are turned off.

Restart Steam and try the game.

Still not working? Mine didn't either after this though tons of people said this worked for them.

Now follow the steps here: http://joshmccarty.com/2012/01/turn-off-compatibility-mode-for-steam/

Be sure to delete the registry files for steam (and coh2 if you want to be extra diligent) in all 3 spots the link says to look.

Now restart your computer and reset steam and coh2 to run as administrators for all users.

It will hopefully works now, it did for me. Cheers

11 Jun 2013, 01:44 AM

thanks man, the second fix worked for me
11 Jun 2013, 03:05 AM

thanks man, the second fix worked for me

:)
11 Jun 2013, 06:07 AM

Did not work for me. Steam was not in compat mode, run as admin also did not work. Also there is a 13.2mb file that verifies from steam when I validate but it never applies... Broken. Damnit.
11 Jun 2013, 11:01 AM

there's a couple of things you can try.

First make sure you are running RelicCoH2.exe and Steam as an administrator (for all users) and all compatibility modes are turned off.

Restart Steam and try the game.

Still not working? Mine didn't either after this though tons of people said this worked for them.

Now follow the steps here: http://joshmccarty.com/2012/01/turn-off-compatibility-mode-for-steam/

Be sure to delete the registry files for steam (and coh2 if you want to be extra diligent) in all 3 spots the link says to look.

Now restart your computer and reset steam and coh2 to run as administrators for all users.

It will hopefully works now, it did for me. Cheers

Thnx! Steam only had files in the 2nd location at my pc, but I deleted them and it worked :)
11 Jun 2013, 13:15 PM

Didnt work for me.
I have the same problem I used both fixes...
The problem with the second fix is that i cant delete the entry because the folder layers is missing...
I only have: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Persisted

11 Jun 2013, 13:24 PM

Same issue, again, third time since closed beta my game randomely doesn't work. I'm at cliff's edge. Wonder why I'm not playing my friends? Most of the time I friggin can't.
11 Jun 2013, 15:34 PM

wish i knew more beyond the fix i posted. hopefully relic will hotfix this soon.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2013, 06:07 AMRogers
Did not work for me. Steam was not in compat mode, run as admin also did not work. Also there is a 13.2mb file that verifies from steam when I validate but it never applies... Broken. Damnit.

i didnt have my steam in compatibility mode either, i just cleared the registry to be sure and it worked. the verify cache problem though is not cool, cuz that could be relic or it could be steam :/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★