Login

russian armor

Crushing infantry OP

26 Jul 2015, 02:35 AM

And remove cover. Using cover is hard.
26 Jul 2015, 02:48 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 02:30 AMSierra

Crush doesn't take any exceptional amount of skill. At least not with Allied tanks that have a higher top speed. The German Panzers don't even really get crushes often. At least not that I've seen, even when using Blitz I don't really get any crushes.

Max speed/Acceleration/Rotation
PIV: 6.3/2.1/32
Blitz: 8.5/2.73

PV: 6.6/2.4/30
Blitz: 7.59/3.12

M10: 7/3.2/30

I'll say its more about acceleration than top speed. Also against Allies, you have to actually crush more models in comparison. That's why it looks harder.
26 Jul 2015, 03:17 AM

Max speed/Acceleration/Rotation
PIV: 6.3/2.1/32
Blitz: 8.5/2.73

PV: 6.6/2.4/30
Blitz: 7.59/3.12

M10: 7/3.2/30

I'll say its more about acceleration than top speed. Also against Allies, you have to actually crush more models in comparison. That's why it looks harder.

It's not about "looking harder" I move about as fast as I can get the damn Panzer IV tor Ostwind or whatever to go and try to swerve it but the Allied units just juke it like it's a game.

Allied tanks don't see to have as much issue.
26 Jul 2015, 03:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 02:30 AMSierra

Crush doesn't take any exceptional amount of skill. At least not with Allied tanks that have a higher top speed. The German Panzers don't even really get crushes often. At least not that I've seen, even when using Blitz I don't really get any crushes.

Crush doesn't take skill...

You can't do it, but top players can?

Sounds like it takes skill to me.

@OP - Crush shouldn't be changed. M10 shouldn't be able to crush so easily though. Other than that the crush mechanic in and of itself is fine.
26 Jul 2015, 04:48 AM

But without crush, how would I pay for my T-34?
26 Jul 2015, 06:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 03:30 AMCieZ

Crush doesn't take skill...

You can't do it, but top players can?

Sounds like it takes skill to me.

@OP - Crush shouldn't be changed. M10 shouldn't be able to crush so easily though. Other than that the crush mechanic in and of itself is fine.

You're twisting my words. I said German tanks cannot do it without great difficulty. Allied tanks have a much easier time doing it.

Also I never said I couldn't do it.

Now quit being a cunty troll.
26 Jul 2015, 06:45 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 06:18 AMSierra

You're twisting my words. I said German tanks cannot do it without great difficulty. Allied tanks have a much easier time doing it.

If Ciez was actually trolling I would call this "the pot calling the kettle black," but he isn't so... I'm pretty sure that just makes you a slobbering fanboy who resorts to profanity the moment his beloved Krupp Steel world view is challenged. congratz :romeoHairDay:
26 Jul 2015, 06:50 AM

How am I trolling? You literally said: "Crush doesn't take any exceptional amount of skill"

and then you said:

"The German Panzers don't even really get crushes often. At least not that I've seen, even when using Blitz I don't really get any crushes."

Let's analyze this for a moment...

Sentence one you're saying that it does not take skill to crush.
Then you said you don't get crushes often. When in fact it's easy to get crushes as Axis.

Sure it's harder to get crushes with some Axis tanks, but it's still absolutely possible. The point I was making is that you crying about Axis tanks, supposedly, not being able to crush is a pure L2P issue on your end.

For example today in Cruzz vs Aimstrong, Aimstrong insta-crushed a full Capt squad, without Blitz with his P4 Command Tank.

Now please, tell me how I'm twisting your words or trolling. I eagerly await your enlightened explanation.

My post also contained a direct, on-topic response to the OP. The only trolling here is you calling me a cunt, for no reason at all.
26 Jul 2015, 07:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 06:50 AMCieZ

How am I trolling? You literally said: "Crush doesn't take any exceptional amount of skill"

and then you said:

"The German Panzers don't even really get crushes often. At least not that I've seen, even when using Blitz I don't really get any crushes."

Let's analyze this for a moment...

Sentence one you're saying that it does not take skill to crush.
Then you said you don't get crushes often. When in fact it's easy to get crushes as Axis.

Sure it's harder to get crushes with some Axis tanks, but it's still absolutely possible. The point I was making is that you crying about Axis tanks, supposedly, not being able to crush is a pure L2P issue on your end.

For example today in Cruzz vs Aimstrong, Aimstrong insta-crushed a full Capt squad, without Blitz with his P4 Command Tank.

Now please, tell me how I'm twisting your words or trolling. I eagerly await your enlightened explanation.

My post also contained a direct, on-topic response to the OP. The only trolling here is you calling me a cunt, for no reason at all.

Okay, let's say you're right. Just got out of a 4's game. Captured a T-34/85 used Troop Training to vet it up. Then proceeded to crush 23 infantry and kill a single T-34/76. I crushed to death so many squads.

This didn't really require any skill or finesse other than to micro the movement patterns. However, the T-34 series of tanks have a much higher movement speed than any German tank. The German tanks however don't really do this. I mean, they do, but they have a much harder time of it.

Your unnecessary elitist crap and talking down to people is irritating, and quite honestly, it seems to be the fashion around here to call people trolls when they express a view or talk to you in a way you find displeasing.
26 Jul 2015, 07:36 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 07:33 AMSierra

Okay, let's say you're right. Just got out of a 4's game. Captured a T-34/85 used Troop Training to vet it up. Then proceeded to crush 23 infantry and kill a single T-34/76. I crushed to death so many squads.

This didn't really require any skill or finesse other than to micro the movement patterns. However, the T-34 series of tanks have a much higher movement speed than any German tank. The German tanks however don't really do this. I mean, they do, but they have a much harder time of it.

Your unnecessary elitist crap and talking down to people is irritating, and quite honestly, it seems to be the fashion around here to call people trolls when they express a view or talk to you in a way you find displeasing.

Replay?
26 Jul 2015, 07:46 AM

Replay?

Of the 4's game. Sorry man, didn't save it.
26 Jul 2015, 07:52 AM

I've seen a Yeti once.

Didn't saved rep, sorry, you need to take my word as a holy, unquestionable truth.
26 Jul 2015, 08:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 07:52 AMKatitof
I've seen a Yeti once.

Didn't saved rep, sorry, you need to take my word as a holy, unquestionable truth.

Got 7 witnesses to that game if you'd rather.
26 Jul 2015, 08:51 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 08:32 AMSierra

Got 7 witnesses to that game if you'd rather.

Replay or GTFO :megusta:
26 Jul 2015, 09:00 AM

Crush ist the only reason to justify the purchase of a t34.. hell it's even historically accurate as passed on by my grandfather (he was a PGren).
26 Jul 2015, 09:12 AM

How do you know that? You have never played Allies.
26 Jul 2015, 09:54 AM

Replay or GTFO :megusta:

How about you get me a replay that says you can't capture an Allied tank and rack up that many kills through pure crush with ease?
26 Jul 2015, 09:59 AM

How do you know that? You have never played Allies.

Simple, I captured a damn Allied tank, used Elite Troops training and vetted it up to 2 stars. and then crushed 23 infantry and killed a T-34/76. Wiping all those squads in the process.

It was really that easy because of the higher base speed and the ridiculous horizontal traverse (turning speed) making it even easier to micro little doughnut maneuvers to crush the infantry.

Though WhatDoth demands a replay, by the time I was making the post another game had already queued up, didn't save it before then because I didn't think it'd come up, but lo and behold this thread is here.

Regardless WhatDoth doesn't intend to have serious discussions, he's just trying to push me out of the thread with his toxicity, much like the other trolls. 9_9

Anecdotal evidence as it may be, if I wanted to make a tale of it, why would I use not only exact numbers, but also keep those numbers as low as they are? 23 infantry kills and 1 vehicle kill is modest for a T-34/85 if you use it right.
26 Jul 2015, 10:14 AM

Crush is fine. You overextend tank in exchange of wiping squad if you have micro. Its rather high risk high revard agains decent oponent because he can have pak behind his lone gren, shot at you grens faust you and then he kill you with pak + stug.

Some of you say crushing lone suqads that are harrasing isnt fine .
But these suqads were OVEREXTNDED without support so its simple they MUST retreat agains tank.

And the last think : crushing requires skill, because i have neer seen bad players to crush with something.
Also itcost you micro - icro you can use elsewhere for example to dodge 2 nades , place mines , and defend left flank.

PS: crush is high risk high reward . if it works you wipe squad. If not he retreats and nothing great happend , but if you screw it enemy will destroy your overextendet tank.
26 Jul 2015, 11:55 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

crush is fine get over it :luvDerp:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak