Login

russian armor

volksgrenadier modernization MP-40 and Senior Sergeant

24 Jul 2015, 07:18 AM

volksgrenadier modernization MP-40 and Senior Sergeant.

volksgrenadier - primary and most numerous division of the OKW. But to achieve its maximum effectiveness they need 3,4,5 level of experience. But early in the game they are greatly inferior to the Infantry of the allies and the red army. In addition if you upgrade at-arms, they lose some firepower.

In connection with this question: If we grant the possibility volksgrenadier to buy for 50 rounds 3 MP-40 as an antidote to mass infantry attacks.
volksgrenadier much cheaper assault engineers, and they often bear the greatest brunt of the battle. Therefore, these upgrades will allow OKW to choose a protracted infantry phase or to gain a foothold in the chosen direction.MP-40 is a melee weapon,which means Arrow USA, Recruits and prison battalions of the USSR will have the advantage in damage at medium and long range.

And T2 in the medical staff to study the improvement of Sergeant Grenadier. The Sergeant will give the squad the preservation of fire power, due to the fact that he is armed with a Gewehr 41. Alternative - Sergeant can be purchased in each unit over 50 human resource in the construction of T2 Il T3.

Your opinion about everything?
24 Jul 2015, 07:20 AM

An AI upgrade that replaces the shrek would be quite nice. Right now Iv found very little use for Volks anymore since the Sturm and Rackten buff. Fuss can be my mainline hard to wipe infantry that's cheap as chips.

24 Jul 2015, 07:54 AM
Donator 33

3 mp 40's 1 Kar98'k and a panzerscherck would not be too bad of an idea
24 Jul 2015, 08:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 07:54 AMATCF
3 mp 40's 1 Kar98'k and a panzerscherck would not be too bad of an idea

Bad idea? You can learn more what is an imbalance? Earlier in the first year of the start of the game, the recruits could get freely 2 PCA for 40 rounds. Now the PCA in the doctrine and give 3 weapons. As for OKW cartridges quite an important thing, except when playing against the USSR - the guardsmen successfully resist easy technique OKW than repel them then? MP-40 is melee, but volksgrenadier not as strong as the shock troops.

3 MP-40 + Panzershrek - 50+90 = 140 rounds per one unit. You are right let it be 4 machine gun MP-40.
24 Jul 2015, 08:13 AM

Interesting English...

Though i am not a fan of using Frankenstein squads with weapons of various performances. One completely random gewehr 43? 3 crappy mp40's (which sounds worse than the current rifle of volks)? 3 mp40's arent an antidote to anything. Besides, i see no other purpose for this than just for the sake of doing it. The potential of volks holding schrecks makes it something that wont ever be used, anyways.

Obers need to be 360 mp for a start. Every other OKW squad is better AI for a reason. You make THOSE when you want adequate AI.
24 Jul 2015, 08:21 AM

You just got easier to maintain sturm pios.

You want AI, get 2nd squad of them.
24 Jul 2015, 08:23 AM

OP, you're suggesting inferior version of assault grenadier...ya know?

Relic Kindly buffed reinforcement cost for sturmpios, so why we need muni waste upgrade on volks?

Veteran sergeant sounds interesting, though.
24 Jul 2015, 08:25 AM

Why do you think the MP-40 is not the application? I think it will give some alternative. And if you look globally:OKW no 1) Smoke screen which you can throw to the desired point. Protective flue gas vehicles do not take into account. Chemical grenade too, 2)there are no flamethrowers in the infantry and equipment. 3) Now at OKW weak early game, very questionable middle, and depending on accumulated resources - medium or overwhelming late game.

Chief grenadiers have a number of serious problems: they are not as tenacious as they were before. Four of them, they constantly cling to each other - as a result, each mortar , artillery , tank shell, the destruction of an entire squad, regardless of his level. They need 5 member of the squad - let it be the officer with the gun is the main thing that he went a little distance away.
24 Jul 2015, 08:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 08:21 AMKatitof
You just got easier to maintain sturm pios.

You want AI, get 2nd squad of them.

That's the issue, Volks aren't very useful for anything since you can get better AT in the form of a Rackten and better AI with just more Sturms. I don't see why Volks should languish as just being literal meatshields or shrek toaters.

Just give them an AI upgrade you can take instead of the shrek that gives you like 1 StG 44 and a smattering of MP-40's.
24 Jul 2015, 08:36 AM

Volks always pain the historical side of me. A unit that was famous for their unusually high usage of automatic weapons. Has absolutely zero options for automatic weapons. -_-
24 Jul 2015, 08:40 AM

I don't see why Volks should languish as just being literal meatshields or shrek toaters.

You do realize that is what Relic designed them to be, and that is why Relic designed sturmpios to be the AI, further supported by the 32 mp reinforce change (meat shield + best handheld AT weapon = best meatshield once vet is acquired via at weapon). I seriously do not see what is required of volks that isnt already available. Suggestions arent worth getting over playing how the faction was designed, anyways.

Seriously, why would a crappy AI upgrade be worth more than effective alternatives and better than voiding schrecks...

^^ (above), and yeah Volks were armed with Stg's, if anything. Thatll be worth to me. Never want to hear the word "mp40".
24 Jul 2015, 08:43 AM

You do realize that is what Relic designed them to be, and that is why Relic designed sturmpios to be the AI, further supported by the 32 mp reinforce change (meat shield + best handheld AT weapon = best meatshield once vet is acquired via at weapon). I seriously do not see what is required of volks that isnt already available. Suggestions arent worth getting over playing how the faction was designed, anyways.

Seriously, why would a crappy AI upgrade be worth more than effective alternatives and better than voiding schrecks...

^^ (above), and yeahl Volks were armed with Stg's, if anything. Thatll be worth to me. Never want to hear the word "mp40".

Well yes it would require the MP-40 to not be total unrelenting shite but right now you can easily fulfill your AT requirements with a rackten. Volks won't help you against a T-70 or a Quadmount, a rackten will.

If they can't figure out how to unfuck MP-40's just give Volks a StG 44 package for 90 muni that gives them like 3 StG's.
24 Jul 2015, 08:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 08:25 AMSugmar
Why do you think the MP-40 is not the application? I think it will give some alternative. And if you look globally:OKW no 1) Smoke screen which you can throw to the desired point. Protective flue gas vehicles do not take into account. Chemical grenade too, 2)there are no flamethrowers in the infantry and equipment. 3) Now at OKW weak early game, very questionable middle, and depending on accumulated resources - medium or overwhelming late game.

That's why Relic buffed strumpio, as I said.
If you had checked current mp40 performance and volks' received accuracy modifier,
you wouldn't have said that.

'Then give them better automatics...' won't work either.
It will just make it too cost efficient AI unit unlike how they supposed to work.
24 Jul 2015, 08:48 AM

That's why Relic buffed strumpio, as I said.
If you had checked current mp40 performance and volks' received accuracy modifier,
you wouldn't have said that.

'Then give them better automatics...' won't work either.
It will just make it too cost efficient AI unit unlike how they supposed to work.

.....which is the problem. Sturms give you the AI and Rackten gives you the AT. Do you seriously think that Volks are that necessary outside of early game map control now? If Volks need a cost increase to reflect the fact they can be upgraded with new shit then fine, better than then Volks geting made obsolete.

EDIT: Another way to make Volks more "worth it" would be giving them bonus's for fighting in cover utilizing sandbags and whatnot. Similar to how Oustruppen work.
24 Jul 2015, 08:53 AM

.....which is the problem. Sturms give you the AI and Rackten gives you the AT. Do you seriously think that Volks are that necessary outside of early game map control now? If Volks need a cost increase to reflect the fact they can be upgraded with new shit then fine, better than then Volks geting made obsolete.

I also hope volks to scale better, but automatic weapon upgrade seems a bit off from their design.

The only adequate upgrade on volks I can think of is giving them one or two G43.
24 Jul 2015, 08:54 AM

I also hope volks to scale better, but automatic weapons are a bit off from their design.

The only adequate upgrade on volks I can think of is giving them one or two G43.

It's really isn't against the design considering:

Volks always pain the historical side of me. A unit that was famous for their unusually high usage of automatic weapons. Has absolutely zero options for automatic weapons. -_-

Just give em a smattering of automatic weaponry and up their cost a little bit and we are golden. They could become more analogous to riflemen.
24 Jul 2015, 08:57 AM

I am not an adept of this idea. The mp40 unit exists in the game and it's called assault grenadiers. I don't see how adding 3 MP40s will help the volks. On the contrary, will make them even weaker against infantry, because they will kill volks DPS at distance, while upclose they will still be shit, because they are weak and 3 MP40s won't make such a difference. In addition, they are not an assault squad and don't have an assault squad features. Even if you give them 5 MP40s they will drop like flies when storming a position. Which will lead you to what? Answer: Blob them even more. So such an upgrade will only motivate you to blob even further.
nee
24 Jul 2015, 09:01 AM

If they can't figure out how to unfuck MP-40's just give Volks a StG 44 package for 90 muni that gives them like 3 StG's.
Well now you've just upgraded the Volksblob being cheap versions to Sturms, to superior versions of Sturms.

The Sergeant idea, however: perhaps we can make it where Volks start out at 4-man squad, but along the way to teching this upgrade adds the 5th member to the squad, similar to vet2 RETs? Could be found in T3 so that you choose between forward retreat + medics or no ISG/ JP4 and bigger Volks squads. That might not sound like much, but I think it can really temper the Volksblob strategy.

Or just give them an alternate AT Rifle upgrade (can't also upgrade to panzerschreck, so you get better AI vs better AT meta). Such an idea can also instead be a doctrinal unlock. Each upgrade grants one weapon, and instead has the Volks improved long-range firepower rather than replacing Sturms. What you might get as a result is T3 strategy but using Pumas for AT while AT Rifles to deal with infantry/ light armour threats, but having less blob potential in later game once better tanks arrive.
24 Jul 2015, 09:01 AM

OKW starts with a bunch kubelwagen+assault engineers, which successfully forced the front. BUT 3+ squad allies, when the presence of micro successfully inflict serious damage to the kubelwagen and assault engineers - as a result forcing them to retreat for repairs. At this time volksgrenadier killed in skirmishes with arrows ( they reduce the distance to the middle and effectively kill hail of bullets), recruits ( 6 people behind cover they prestrelivaut ), prison battalions. Ie, if OKW resorts to using the machine gun doctrine calculations - area-60-70% remains for the allies. Means and resources more,and artillery closer. OKW is as far as I understand - efficient lightweight technology with the support of the small but powerful groups of professionals and medium-sized, numerous, universal volksgrenadiers. In practice, this concept is very lame, like the rest of middle class technology due to the abundance of at-weapons in the squads. And if the U.S., the Axis give ammo for heavy weapons squad, the USSR gets half for the requisition.
24 Jul 2015, 09:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 09:01 AMnee
Well now you've just upgraded the Volksblob being cheap versions to Sturms, to superior versions of Sturms.

The Sergeant idea, however: perhaps we can make it where Volks start out at 4-man squad, but along the way to teching this upgrade adds the 5th member to the squad, similar to vet2 RETs? Could be found in T3 so that you choose between forward retreat + medics or no ISG/ JP4 and bigger Volks squads.

Or just give them an alternate AT Rifle upgrade (can't also upgrade to panzerschreck, so you get better AI vs better AT meta). Such an idea can also instead be a doctrinal unlock. Each upgrade grants one weapon, and instead has the Volks improved long-range firepower rather than replacing Sturms.

You know all the weapons in the game aren't the same squad to squad? You could easily give Volks a StG upgrade that comes after you convert your first truck or have it as a purchasable upgrade in the HQ (like a global upgrade such as AT nades) that means it doesn't overshadow Sturms at the start and gives Volks more punch later into the game.

On top of that you could make the StG 44 Volks get be less accurate and as such do less DPS at long ranges (it's not like Volks are that great anyway at any point AI wise). This patch was just kinda the nail in the coffin for how useful Volks are now that the Shrek isn't going to save your ass when facing Quad mounts.

EDIT: And blobbing Volks WILL lose you the game, as you have no smoke to negate MG's so you will just get suppressed and crushed (literally crushed).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★