Login

russian armor

Broken balance USF vs OST

PAGES (11)down
Phy
25 Jul 2015, 23:40 PM

Less talk, more fight. I demand trial by combat, Cruzz vs Dust. The guy who wins his statement becomes true.

PS: So the majority of people is struggling with USF in all modes but one single person manages to win with it and this is a clear fact that USF is not UP :clap:?
26 Jul 2015, 01:05 AM

USF might still be viable if you go Capt + armor company, but it's still a down-grade from the previous patch where the USF had the option to go either lt or capt first.

26 Jul 2015, 02:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The people demands blood!
27 Jul 2015, 07:59 AM
Patrion 14

bump.
27 Jul 2015, 08:24 AM

Nothing else to write until British patch. Trying to find some more tactics to play with the mecha commander Jeep and m3 halftrack usage paired with aa Halftrack and stuart. So far only comp stomps because checking out maps compatibility is also important. Still it is a fun tactic but it will fail miserably :D
27 Jul 2015, 08:32 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2015, 08:24 AMJorad
Nothing else to write until British patch. Trying to find some more tactics to play with the mecha commander Jeep and m3 halftrack usage paired with aa Halftrack and stuart. So far only comp stomps because checking out maps compatibility is also important. Still it is a fun tactic but it will fail miserably :D

Don't bother using the Jeep or the Halftrack. The doctrine itself is great though for withdraw and refit. It allows you to go vehicle heavy and still get mediums in a relatively rushed time.
27 Jul 2015, 08:44 AM

Why relic no give USF mortar like in Alpha!
27 Jul 2015, 08:52 AM

Why relic no give USF mortar like in Alpha!
This mortar was shit, it was good only for free smoke, oh wait, all mortars have free smoke.....
27 Jul 2015, 09:00 AM

This mortar was shit, it was good only for free smoke, oh wait, all mortars have free smoke.....

I wouldn't say no to free mortar smoke..

I also wouldn't say no to major tech being less shit
27 Jul 2015, 09:11 AM

a crappy mortar is always better than no mortar
27 Jul 2015, 09:14 AM

Don't bother using the Jeep or the Halftrack. The doctrine itself is great though for withdraw and refit. It allows you to go vehicle heavy and still get mediums in a relatively rushed time.

Well waiting for the new patch is out of discussion, because one month is too long. Second, why not try out new things? The USF doesnt have any insta-win units or insta-win strats, so why not check out new and maybe idiotic ideas B-)
27 Jul 2015, 09:16 AM
Patrion 14

Thats the point though, USF is at a severe disadvantage because they not only have to delay tech by getting grenades every match, but they end up bleeding munitions due to the need to spam said grenades.

A manpower only early game investment smoke platform would do much to alleviate USF's problems.
27 Jul 2015, 09:29 AM

I feel match-ups vs USF in 1v1 is almost a piss-take, I don't even need to micro and I win.

Dusty I am still waiting for your guide on how USF is fine just spam zookas lelelhueuheu. Alexxaenzer please stop talking about your experience in 3v3
27 Jul 2015, 11:16 AM

Relic: here is the new bike! We have updated tire sizes but we will give you the new wheels later- you know, getting everything at the same time is not good. Go ahead, take it for a spin.

Haha spot on m8!
27 Jul 2015, 11:17 AM

Thats the point though, USF is at a severe disadvantage because they not only have to delay tech by getting grenades every match, but they end up bleeding munitions due to the need to spam said grenades.

A manpower only early game investment smoke platform would do much to alleviate USF's problems.
It costs like OST and sov mortar, only 4 men, shitty accuracy and no special abilities. Too expensive for smoke platform.
27 Jul 2015, 13:53 PM
Patrion 14

It costs like OST and sov mortar, only 4 men, shitty accuracy and no special abilities. Too expensive for smoke platform.

Price can always be changed. The mere fact that it is an option is good enough imo.
27 Jul 2015, 14:01 PM

at least u dont play vs soviets with usf :luvDerp:
27 Jul 2015, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2015, 09:29 AMpugzii
I feel match-ups vs USF in 1v1 is almost a piss-take, I don't even need to micro and I win.

Dusty I am still waiting for your guide on how USF is fine just spam zookas lelelhueuheu. Alexxaenzer please stop talking about your experience in 3v3

I wonder how many 2v2 replays I need t upload before this stupid meme dies :luvDerp:
27 Jul 2015, 14:37 PM

No amount will make people detach the brand you've worked so hard to get :sibHyena:
27 Jul 2015, 14:50 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2015, 12:55 PMBurts
So, with the recent patch of ostheer early MP buffs, mg to T0, the matchup of USF vs OST has been heavily skewed towards ostheer.

USF simply has no chance on most 1v1 maps in the current meta againts ostheer.

MG-42s simply completely shut you down, even if they supress and force retreats of 1-2 rifles early game, the ostheer player gets huge map control, and the 4 men squad mg-42 just completely shuts down USF.

Meanwhile the ostheer 420mp in the early game means that his grens will always outnumber you, and grens now evenly trade with you, further putting you at a disadvantage.

LT tier isin't very good, as the old meta m20 gets easily countered by a super quick cheap 220 which is cheaper yet easily beats the m20.

AA HT simply comes too late , and you cannot get enough map control while the ostheer player simply pushes you off the map with mg-42+ gren combo. Problem is, you will always be heavily outnumbered in the early game, making you completely unable to flank.

Only hope is to tech nades and 4 rifles, but even then, it's extremelly map dependant and very hard to flank MGs when they are used by good players.

Something seriously needs to be done. This last patch has fucked up balance significantly, soviets are now pretty much OP due to their quadrush, while USF simply has no chance vs ostheer.

I think the ostheer manpower change needs to get reverted. It gives the ostheer an infantry advantage and completely negates the USF early game superiority.

At this current time, USF is completely hopeless vs a good ostheer player. Problem is the early game. In the lategame with shermans+ jacksons you are still at a disadvantage againts meta ostheer, but atleast the disadvantage can be elevated if you play good. Currently, in the early game, USF simply can't do anything.

Another suggestion it to remove the ability for support weapons to cap. Like in coh 1.

If you disagree, please post a replay of you beating a top 50 or better ostheer player, because i seriously need advice.

-Do I hear the cries of USF fan boys actually having to turtle instead of being able to run right up to mg's (2 rifleman squads) and destroy an MACHINE GUN TEAM. Everything you pointed out just means that you can't just run right through Ostheer without getting punished anymore.
-The whole meta last patch was USF could out tech Ostheer at anything (m20, hits field quicker than Ostheer can counter with 222 or pak).
-Rifleman still outscale (close,mid, far) grenadiers up until mid game when grens get lmg42's.
-This just sounds like lazy USF players finally not being able to just easily beat Ostheer early game and actually have to do some microing rather than being able to outcap and outscale Ostheer everywhere early game.
-Please understand, this isn't a bash post but every problem you presented has a solution i.e careful microing- which is how the game should be (balanced).
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS