Login

russian armor

Make Falls and Obers 5 man squads

22 Jul 2015, 15:40 PM

In return even out the DPS/reinforce cost along the squad, the fact that Soviets and USF get unwipeable 6 man elite infantry squads while OKW have to make do with 4 is ridiculous.

I'm tired of investing 400+ manpower and that squad simply getting nuked in a single scott/mortar round, please fix it relic :)

22 Jul 2015, 15:50 PM

3/10
22 Jul 2015, 15:52 PM

both obers and falls are underpowered.
obers just need their damamge back lmg back to 8 and stg44 back to 9
for falls
Fallschrimjagers are both annoyance and very underwhelming unit.On one hand i have been completely annoyed how they spawn out of building and wreck shit,and after that they are quite shitty in combat compared to other units by significant margin.

Proposed redesign:-
1) make them 400 mp from 420 mp ( mot much of a difference),give them carbines and make fg42 a separate upgrade ( deals with the spawning issue) or let them paradrop.

2) a)make them reinforce on like voch airborne ( survivability) with 50 muni fg42 upgrade with very little fg42 dps buff or make them have more survivable by increasing either armor health or lowering received accuracy.
Or
b) keep them glass canon...but make f42 75 muni and major dps bufff.

and thompson paratroopers also need some kind of fix.in before commandos arrive.
22 Jul 2015, 15:54 PM
Donator 11

Dont like the idea...
Just improve their spacing (almost get oneshotted by inf guns/scotts)

Obersoldaten need a cost decrease to 380/360... because currently underused imo. (way to weak without LMG upgrade)
22 Jul 2015, 16:02 PM

for falls
Fallschrimjagers are both annoyance and very underwhelming unit.On one hand i have been completely annoyed how they spawn out of building and wreck shit,and after that they are quite shitty in combat compared to other units by significant margin.

1) make them 400 mp from 420 mp ( mot much of a difference),give them carbines and make fg42 a separate upgrade ( deals with the spawning issue) or let them paradrop.

2) a)make them reinforce on like voch airborne ( survivability) with 50 muni fg42 upgrade with very little fg42 dps buff or make them have more survivable by increasing either armor health or lowering received accuracy.
Or

and thompson paratroopers also need some kind of fix.in before commandos arrive.

Fanboi spotted, add him to the blacklist
22 Jul 2015, 16:03 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

No, adjust Falls and Obers MP cost and fix squad spacing in general and you'll be fine.
22 Jul 2015, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 16:02 PMpugzii

Fanboi spotted, add him to the blacklist

How is that comment constructive? He put some work into that comment, you couldn't even be bothered to spell correctly.
22 Jul 2015, 16:07 PM

k well at least that was slightly more entertaining of a comment than your previous one. I use the other forum more often just read this one mostly.
22 Jul 2015, 16:16 PM

one shots are really frustrating, even more then the current m5

i support luvnests idea.
22 Jul 2015, 16:18 PM

Walking through deep snow, with a scott in shooting distance... Wise move.
22 Jul 2015, 16:22 PM

Walking through deep snow, with a scott in shooting distance... Wise move.

never saw such a weak argument why it's ok that squads get one shotted :snfPeter:
22 Jul 2015, 16:31 PM

Stuka zu fuss wipes all crew weapon which are in line.
KT is pure wipe machine even vs Cons (TA also).
GrW34 wipes all the time.
Brummbar is pure beat vs infantry.
etc etc.

It's not one-sided problem which affects only Axis.

What about 4men Assault Engis? Pathfinders? 3men Pathfinders? 50cal? etc etc.

It's not about squad number but spacing.
22 Jul 2015, 16:45 PM

for falls

Or

I agree that they are underperforming for the 440mp cost and the building spawn is stupid, but reducing the MP and making the fg42 an upgrade would not fix the wiping.

Standing in the middle of a katy/stuka barrage is a bit different from losing a whole squad to a stray scott or mortar round.

KT/ISU is irrelevant, we are talking about low cost units (81mm, 120mm scott) wiping full health vet 440 mp squads here. OKW suffer the most in this respect even more that Ost when you consider

A: the whole faction relies on unit preservation and keeping veterancy

B: Falls/Obers are a lot more expensive to replace than grenadiers.

Losing a gren/con squad is an annoyance, losing a vet fall squad like in the OP can often cost you the game.

Provide a replay of a full health, vet three shock/airborne squad running into a GrW34 or Leig shell and I will agree with you.

It is when you consider OKW elite infantry is pegged in four man squads, larger squads have more survivability from stray BS squad wipes

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 16:03 PMluvnest
No, adjust Falls and Obers MP cost and fix squad spacing in general and you'll be fine.

I doubt Relic will ever fix spacing it's been two years. This is why I suggested larger squads, I agree with the MP reduction though especially when it comes to obers.
22 Jul 2015, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 16:45 PMRollo

I agree that they are underperforming for the 440mp cost and the building spawn is stupid, but reducing the MP and making the fg42 an upgrade would not fix the wiping.

Standing in the middle of a katy/stuka barrage is a bit different from losing a whole squad to a stray scott or mortar round.

KT/ISU is irrelevant, we are talking about low cost units (81mm, 120mm scott) wiping full health 440 mp squads here.

Provide a replay of a full health, vet three shock/airborne squad running into a GrW34 or Leig shell and I will agree with you.

It is when you consider OKW elite infantry is pegged in four man squads, larger squads have more survivability from stray BS squad wipes

I doubt Relic will ever fix spacing it's been two years. This is why I suggested larger squads, I agree with the MP reduction though especially when it comes to obers.

that issue like luvnest stated is spacing and clumping issue...dunnow if relic will fix this
22 Jul 2015, 19:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'll add:

Falls
-Remove spawn on ambient building, trenches and whatever else they can spawn from.
-Replace with paradrop

Obers
-I'll adjust their vet4/5 in order to tweak mp cost/reinforce.
22 Jul 2015, 20:05 PM

All OKW infantry (and USF infantry) should be 5 man squads. Adjust pricing, DPS, and received accuracy accordingly. This includes team weapons as well.

Then finally the WFA factions are an in between of the Vanilla ones, rather than just being all over the place.
22 Jul 2015, 20:56 PM

Brummbar is pure beat vs infantry.
etc etc.

What about 4men Assault Engis? Pathfinders? 3men Pathfinders? 50cal? etc etc.

It's not about squad number but spacing.

Is this a joke?

You can't move your shit when you hear a stuka?
KT as a slow piece of metal.
GrW34 wipes? wanna try 120?
Brummbar is what? 160 fuel itself excluding tech?
etc etc

You may sound more convincing if you can play better.
22 Jul 2015, 21:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

GrW34 wipes? wanna try 120?

You know that the GrW34 is way better than the 120 ATM right?
22 Jul 2015, 21:56 PM
Patrion 14

fix squad spacing

:thumbsup:

If this would be done in the next patch for ALL squads, that would make this the best game ever :hyper:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 19
unknown 2
unknown 2
United Kingdom 156
Germany 23

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L