Login

russian armor

M5 Quadrush

PAGES (16)down
25 Jul 2015, 10:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 10:01 AMKatitof

To value low enough that would allow it to fight on equal terms at least with pair of 222s.

0? I guess that works.
26 Jul 2015, 09:12 AM

The 222 and the flakhalftrack should clearly win engagements with a giant mg mounted on a truck...

Realistically a quad mount would be extremely devastating to lightly armoured vehicles like the 222 or 251. Of course on the other hand, the 2cm autocannons aren't anything to scoff at either.
26 Jul 2015, 09:52 AM

Just remove the Quad from the game Kappa and give it double flamethrowers
26 Jul 2015, 09:54 AM

Permanently Banned
quad needs dps nurf. Nurf its suppression and sov are fucked
26 Jul 2015, 11:53 AM

I believe that some of you have forgotten that i was talking about a 1v1 scenario. Ofc its easier to deal with it in 2v2+, and especially in 4's because you have mates to back you up.

But a 1v1 between Ost and Sov usually developes into this :

Normal early game
Soviet rushes T3 and builds M5 at 2 or 3 CP
Ostheer gets his Pak out
M5 pushes the Ostheer off the map and gains easy wipes
-> Ost loses mapcontrol because Pak cant be everywhere
Soviet uses his advantage to either rush T4 or gets another M5 to quickly and effectively seal the deal.

All you theorycrafters who say that its so easy to counter it with a Pak must either have not played a OST 1v1 yet or must have played against a complete noob.

The advantage the soviet player gets is way, way too high.

And you only prove yourself to be a fanboy if you argue that Axis has to worry about something now, which means its fine. It isnt. I am, and im sure a few others are too, interested in good and fair balance for all factions, and not for the faction i like the most.

Soviets have become incredibly easy now if you play it correctly. Its not fine.
26 Jul 2015, 12:43 PM

Give it same set up time as OKW AAHT so it can't chase, and it should be ok.
26 Jul 2015, 13:28 PM

Please explain to me how to counter the M5 Quadrush as Wehrmacht 1v1

It came at just 2 CP's the last time and i had a PaK at that time. It nevertheless can just play around your PaK and push you off the field elsewhere.

It suppresses extremely quickly, it does a lot of damage resulting in easy wipes in case of no engine damage and it comes very, very early if the Soviet has done his job right. You then lose mapcontrol because this thing harasses you anywhere.

Possible counters at this stage : PaK, but it does take 3 consecutive shots (from my experience, may be 2)
Teller mine, but its a gamble whether the HT hits it or not
Pgren Schrecks, but they get negated due to the fast suppression

And please dont tell me to use the Puma, because it not only does come at 5 CP when its already way too late but because its also doctrinal. And i dont want to be forced to use a doctrinal counter to an early, stock vehicle everyone can easily access every game.

its another bullshit soviet OP noobism like many before.. Aparently soviet player are biggest noobs so they need more and more OP stuff.
26 Jul 2015, 14:21 PM

"Finally i can be in top 10 with soviets with this buff"
This is thinking of every fanboy but they hide it behind ADAPT , L2P , use pak , use bugged teller faust it . usa puma at 5 Cp etc etc etc.:snfBarton:

Another indicator of its OPity : they buffed scout car to upgunned to be able to fight agains it e masse, and this buff completely kill USF lihtenaunt becuse 2 scout cars can defeat flaktruck (usf) and 1 can deal with m20 (m20 cost more , also flak cost more):snfQuinn:

So they just overbuffed one balanced unit to match OP unit , but forgot USF whitch can now go only captain nothing else.

26 Jul 2015, 14:38 PM

"Finally i can be in top 10 with soviets with this buff"
This is thinking of every fanboy but they hide it behind ADAPT , L2P , use pak , use bugged teller faust it . usa puma at 5 Cp etc etc etc.:snfBarton:

Another indicator of its OPity : they buffed scout car to upgunned to be able to fight agains it e masse, and this buff completely kill USF lihtenaunt becuse 2 scout cars can defeat flaktruck (usf) and 1 can deal with m20 (m20 cost more , also flak cost more):snfQuinn:

So they just overbuffed one balanced unit to match OP unit , but forgot USF whitch can now go only captain nothing else.

This is not true at all in fact.

They buffed the 221 because the forum here and official were full of "OMG Ostheer has nothing to deal with the T70" "T70 rush everywhere blablabla..." to end with m5 quad rush being even better.

What will remain is: Or tomorrow Relic proposes a quick fix for the M5 or in a month with the Brit release and Ostheer will keep is 221 overbuffed vs USF. And USF can wait a month or even more to be patched.
26 Jul 2015, 15:04 PM

Give it same set up time as OKW AAHT so it can't chase, and it should be ok.

This and a small fuel increase. Perfecto.
26 Jul 2015, 18:36 PM

The M5 is really good, sightly over the top at the moment, I think that if it's cost was increased OR a fuel cost ontop of the muni cost for the upgrade was included (let's say 30) it would become more or less fine.

Though, it's armor may need a nerf aswell, I've tanked a panzer 2 for ages without taking damage, that was ridicolous rofl.
26 Jul 2015, 18:45 PM

It should get the same thing as the 222, make it come out with the quad upragde and line it up in performance and cost as the other flak-halftracks.
26 Jul 2015, 19:36 PM
Donator 33

It should get the same thing as the 222, make it come out with the quad upragde and line it up in performance and cost as the other flak-halftracks.
that would screw over the "clown car users", imagine assault guards coming to the field on a m3 scout car...
26 Jul 2015, 19:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 14:38 PMEsxile

This is not true at all in fact.

They buffed the 221 because the forum here and official were full of "OMG Ostheer has nothing to deal with the T70" "T70 rush everywhere blablabla..." to end with m5 quad rush being even better.

What will remain is: Or tomorrow Relic proposes a quick fix for the M5 or in a month with the Brit release and Ostheer will keep is 221 overbuffed vs USF. And USF can wait a month or even more to be patched.

If it was agains t70 or quad. It still remain the Same - it screw belence agains usf becauee it was untested.

26 Jul 2015, 20:43 PM

If it was agains t70 or quad. It still remain the Same - it screw belence agains usf becauee it was untested.

What's funny is we don't know if the t70 is that much OP in this current state and if 221 can counter it well since the quad is better.
26 Jul 2015, 20:46 PM

Kappa just had a 2v2 with Aerohank. A M5 on the field in 5 minutes and 47 seconds Kappa GL and HF. Won the game in 2 minutes after that. Really funny to win that way #Sarcasm
26 Jul 2015, 21:02 PM
Donator 11

Double pak meta
27 Jul 2015, 09:53 AM

I have played a few 4v4 games as Soviet and I've changed my mind.

That thing is so fucking good. Especially with snipers, which help to take out PSchrekked PGrens and Paks.

Lowering damage won't help much, because 360 noscope long range AoE suppression will counter any infantry play anyway.

I think that locking upgrade behind T4 is the only option. Though I fear that it will repeat fate of Wehrmach Flamer Halftrack, despite it have no need to get into grenade range to shoot.

Personally, I'd better plant 4 mines in late game.

EDIT: I have to add that I never faced EARLY Pak. Opponents always tried to rush Puma/Panther or Ostwind/Pz.IV.

Now you know it... As I said before, relic said they wanted to encourage players to build light vehicles, but ost will never build them at all, because they always need to rush T3 units to handle the soviet T3 units...
27 Jul 2015, 10:42 AM

Double pak meta

Double Pak at 5 min ...

27 Jul 2015, 13:43 PM

Vehicles are GUARANTEED to receive main gun destroyed from any small arms or flame damage that penetrates below 25% health. Even an IS2's gun isn't safe from the massive destructive power of MG42 incendiary rounds from the rear. Will probably get fixed eventually.

Main gun crits for quad and 222 are bugged, the quad gun and 20mm still fires with crit.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 52
South Africa 1
Germany 734
Peru 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L