Login

russian armor

Urban assault doctrine

20 Jul 2015, 23:02 PM
Donator 11

I'm just curious to how that guy whose in the current trending screenshots got this doctrine.

anyone know anything about it?
20 Jul 2015, 23:07 PM

1) Forward mechanized hq, similar to soviet forward hq, except it gives repairs and no buffs.

2)5-man urban assault pgrens with flamethrower and satchel charges, i guess they can be deployed from buildings.

3)mortar flame rounds, allow your mortars to fire flame barrage similar to mortar half-track

4)muni blitz, muni income increased at the cost of decreased manpower or fuel income.

5)carpet bombing, nuff said.

20 Jul 2015, 23:18 PM

5-man urban assault pgrens with flamethrower and satchel charges, i guess they can be deployed from buildings.

At 1 cp? Effing brillant.
20 Jul 2015, 23:23 PM

Double flamethrowers, also they have smoke and armor upgrade, but rest of the squad are armed with MP-40, you can find and test them at cheatmod.
20 Jul 2015, 23:26 PM

The last week I saw another person with that doctrine, I don't know how to get it, but I only watch that doctrine in 1v1. Is strange =S
20 Jul 2015, 23:29 PM

That doctrine sounds like heaven.
20 Jul 2015, 23:31 PM

"dudes with stuff" squads are way better :snfBarton:
20 Jul 2015, 23:33 PM

At close combat, with upgrade, they beat shocks, sometimes without losing models.
20 Jul 2015, 23:33 PM
Donator 11

im just wondering how people get it , not whats in it.
20 Jul 2015, 23:36 PM

- First ability is essentially Soviet FHQ with no buff or heals but can reinforce and repair. Think of it like the combination of a Mech HQ and BG HQ.

- Assault Pgrens have more armor than most scout cars

- Incendiary Mortar Barrage is just the Mortar HT ability

- Munitions Blitz makes Fuel to Munitions conversion look small time

- HE 111 Bombing....well it's strategic bombing. Everything in the area of the attack tends to end up in tiny little pieces unless it's lucky. This ability was actually inspiration for one of the upcoming bri- *NDA heart attack*
20 Jul 2015, 23:37 PM

Relic probably added commander by mistake into war spoils drop list.
21 Jul 2015, 00:23 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Assault PG are totally balanced =)
21 Jul 2015, 00:56 AM

This commander is not a "new" commander. I am not in the current permanent CoH2 alpha and beta testing, so i cannnot give specific information. But it seems the urban assault grendier were part of the "encirclement doctrin" (before it was released as it now is)
Here is a post I wrote about the "new" commanders.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2014, 07:52 AMsigah
Just to get an overview:

Since Western Front Armies there has been released 7 (or 8 or 9) Commanders!? (Besides the Standard OKW Commanders(Special Operations Doctrine, Luftwaffe Ground Forces Doctrine, Breakthrough Doctrine) and the Standard US Commanders (Infantry Company, Airborne Company, Armor Company))

US Forces:

Recon Support Company
(store+warspoils)
Mechanized Company (store+warspoils)
Rifle Company (store+warspoils)

Oberkommando West:

Elite Armored Doctrine (store+warspoils)
Scavenge Doctrine (store+warspoils)
Fortifications Doctrine (store+warspoils)

Soviet:

Tank Hunter Tactics (just warspoils)
Not One Step Back Tactics (just warspoils; released yet?) Video

Ostheer:

Encirclement Doctrine (just warspoils; not released yet?) Video
-> according to Cruzz's post this doctrine has "1.5 armor, 5 man G43 Stormtrooper squad instead" of the Urban Assault PanzerGrenadier which you can see in the Video

I guess a few of the commanders are based on the commanders which leaked in Dec2013

Tank Hunter (Soviet) -> Tank Hunter Tactics
No Retreat No Surrender (Soviet) -> Not One Step Back Tactics
Overwhelming Armor (Soviet) -> No upcoming equivalent commander
Defense in Depth (Soviet) -> No upcoming equivalent commander

Encirclement Doctrine (Ostheer) -> Encirclement Doctrine
Heavy Armor Doctrine (Ostheer) -> No upcoming equivalent commander (just the Commando-Panther-Call-In in the OKW-Special-Operations-Doctrine)

Edit: plus two new (untested/unconfirmed?) Commanders (OH+OKW)

Urban Breakout Doctrine (Oberkommando West) Pics: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7-11
German Urban Assault (Ostheer)
->according to Cruzz's post this doctrine has the Urban Assault PanzerGrenadiers, which were in the Encirclement doctrine before (Vid)

And here is vid, about the grenadiers.

21 Jul 2015, 01:48 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 00:56 AMsigah
This commander is not a "new" commander. I am not in the current permanent CoH2 alpha and beta testing, so i cannnot give specific information. But it seems the urban assault grendier were part of the "encirclement doctrin" (before it was released as it now is)
Here is a post I wrote about the "new" commanders.

And here is vid, about the grenadiers.

i want them alllllllllllllllll
21 Jul 2015, 02:01 AM
Donator 11

You can use/play the new urban grenadiers by using the cheat mod. (in case you wanna try them)
21 Jul 2015, 02:26 AM

Permanently Banned
Carpet bombing video

I really dont see how this could be broken without a bit of tweaking. Raise urban assault pgrens to cp 3 and make it so they cant spawn out of buildings. Not sure about incendiary mortars just make it 45 muni for a single shell. As cool as muni blitz sounds it would just lead to carpet bombing all the time which imo also sounds and looks cool as fuck. Overall the hardest to balance would be the carpet bombing.
21 Jul 2015, 02:36 AM

It really grinds my gears that carpet bombing isn't a USF ability. I mean come on! if anyone is known for large scale bombings it's the United States.
21 Jul 2015, 03:10 AM

It really grinds my gears that carpet bombing isn't a USF ability. I mean come on! if anyone is known for large scale bombings it's the United States.

I still can't believe the US doesn't have a support company, a motorised company or Air Control Company.

>Heaviest users of artillery in World War 2. Relic: Naw Russia used more

>Heaviest use of motorised transports. Relic: Naw twas Germany 'cause movies

>Massive Air supremacy by the end of World War 2. Relic: Bu bu but... the Axis would have a fit if we had interception based abilities.

21 Jul 2015, 03:26 AM

Carpet bombing video

I really dont see how this could be broken without a bit of tweaking. Raise urban assault pgrens to cp 3 and make it so they cant spawn out of buildings. Not sure about incendiary mortars just make it 45 muni for a single shell. As cool as muni blitz sounds it would just lead to carpet bombing all the time which imo also sounds and looks cool as fuck. Overall the hardest to balance would be the carpet bombing.

go use the urban assault commander through mods a few times and come back making balance suggestions for the abilities, then you would know that spamming munition blitz isn't a valid strategy because of the huge MP penalty and the limit of 4x being active at the same time.
21 Jul 2015, 03:33 AM

I still can't believe the US doesn't have a support company, a motorised company or Air Control Company.

>Heaviest users of artillery in World War 2. Relic: Naw Russia used more

>Heaviest use of motorised transports. Relic: Naw twas Germany 'cause movies

>Massive Air supremacy by the end of World War 2. Relic: Bu bu but... the Axis would have a fit if we had interception based abilities.

What are you talking about, US won the war by sending thousands of landers at DDay pouring millions of riflemen who shot smoke at the HMG bunkers of Omaha and blobbed their way into Germany using LMG's.

Kappa

And they used P47's to clear out armor.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment