Login

russian armor

OKW Tech: Is it Fair?

21 Jul 2015, 07:55 AM

Like Brace Structure. If it reduced resource income while active or costed muni or MP(nothing crazy) I think it would be cool.

On the 37mm, I have no problem at all with it denying territory but I've had it wipe retreating squads one too many times. Tbh I think having to face it like British AT guns in VCoH but buffing it to vet 5 Flaktrack levels would be good too.

Shouldn't really cost anything. It disables the truck so your not getting any units or benefits from it.
21 Jul 2015, 07:59 AM

Can it be toggled at will or is their a minute long cooldown? From my understanding what you described sounds like the Soviet self repair in implementation. I may have been mistaken though, if it disabled the building for a full minute before it could be retoggled I can imagine why it should be free.

Especially with the Brits and ML-20 hoard coming the OKW will need the boost.
21 Jul 2015, 08:03 AM

Can it be toggled at will or is their a minute long cooldown? From my understanding what you described sounds like the Soviet self repair in implementation. I may have been mistaken though, if it disabled the building for a full minute before it could be retoggled I can imagine why it should be free.

Especially with the Brits and ML-20 hoard coming the OKW will need the boost.

Cool down, when you activate it for a set amount of time the truck takes 90% reduced damage. While in this state it can do absolutely nothing.
21 Jul 2015, 08:05 AM

Teching is fine, don't change it to make it worser.
21 Jul 2015, 08:06 AM

Then yeah they should get it, especially because the Brits are getting an identical ability.

Would add to the risk/reward theme of the faction, so it's a good idea.

21 Jul 2015, 08:07 AM

Permanently Banned
Flack HQ shouldn't be a muni or mp upgrade. Wouldn't nerf it's range or capabilities vs infantry either, just reduce the damage it can do vs proper armor. It can 1v1 a sherman, a t34-76, a t34-85 and win. That is something that needs to go.
nee
21 Jul 2015, 10:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 07:26 AMKatitof

Or do what should have been done since day 1-make it a side cost upgrade.
OKW is getting enough freebies in tech and utility as it is.
No need for them to be that special snowflake all the time.
I actually agree; it could cost munitions, and upgrading could have you go without an Ober or Luchs/ Panther/ now P4J in the meantime. T2 HQ truck needs to do this in order to get forward retreat.
21 Jul 2015, 11:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 07:26 AMKatitof

Or do what should have been done since day 1-make it a side cost upgrade.
OKW is getting enough freebies in tech and utility as it is.
No need for them to be that special snowflake all the time.

No, that's like, a terrible idea, because the whole build animation revolves around the 2 crewmen setting up the flak cannon. The animations are particularly detailed and awesome. Since such things are part of the overall game-design and create atmosphere and a positive visual aspect, why remove them.
The change you propse would require new animations where the flak cannon is not set-up. The current animations as it is would become useless. This is not desireable at all, as it is one of the most detailed special animations in the game; and it is such beautiful details that make the game what it is. Without them, no matter how suppossedly great something elusive as a perception of balance may be, the game cannot be such a compelling experience.
21 Jul 2015, 11:30 AM

OKW tech is fine, as for the flak cannon is fine too, it doesn't take anyone with a half a brain to avoid it till they have counters, and in about 5 hours, that ML20 will do just that. People who put it toward and use it as a FWD area denial usually lose it. Most smart people use it as a safe guard in the back. Don't touch OKW
21 Jul 2015, 11:32 AM

As for the FWD battle HQ, yea it works for early game harassment and field presence, but let's not act like the katusha or 76s barrage doesn't punish anyone who does that either.
21 Jul 2015, 11:32 AM
Donator 11

I dont get this thread. OKW is the weakest 1v1 faction right now. Not by far, since total balance is quite solid for a coh game right now, but more or less clearly.

OPs suggestions are not workable at all. And follow what purpose? Making OKW weaker? Seriously?

Its a very unique and difficult to play faction with high risk high reward design. I love it. Rather talk about USF design, which is somewhere between micro-intense-crazyness and pure boredom. They should get a clown car. With music. Which cant shoot.
21 Jul 2015, 11:46 AM

i wasn't playing when the Western Front armies was released, OKW always had the fuel penalty?
21 Jul 2015, 12:16 PM

I think we should wait and try them first. They're the weakest faction atm
21 Jul 2015, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 11:17 AMFluffi

No, that's like, a terrible idea, because the whole build animation revolves around the 2 crewmen setting up the flak cannon. The animations are particularly detailed and awesome. Since such things are part of the overall game-design and create atmosphere and a positive visual aspect, why remove them.
The change you propse would require new animations where the flak cannon is not set-up. The current animations as it is would become useless. This is not desireable at all, as it is one of the most detailed special animations in the game; and it is such beautiful details that make the game what it is. Without them, no matter how suppossedly great something elusive as a perception of balance may be, the game cannot be such a compelling experience.

So make anther animation where a happy osttruppen deliver the munition for the flak, because Hans have forgotten to pack it to the truck and Ziegfried always trusted him too much and didn't double checked before they went for the merry ride :foreveralone:
21 Jul 2015, 12:41 PM

Permanently Banned
For the most part the flakhalftruck is fine. Imo. After cutting its AA in half it doesn't really have an issue. One combined assault against it usually ends up destroying it so putting a flaktruck in a forward position is never very smart.
21 Jul 2015, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 07:11 AMl4hti
Just remove the god damn 37mm flak gun of death

Agreed.

And replace it with this one:

21 Jul 2015, 13:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 12:56 PMJohnnyB

Agreed.

And replace it with this one:

I know that was a joke. But I'd be open to the 88 being a doctrinal upgrade for the Panzer HQ. Maybe swap that out with Pak 43 (copy/paste from Wher). Could be interesting. Static 88s are seriously under represented in COH2.
21 Jul 2015, 13:34 PM

I know that was a joke. But I'd be open to the 88 being a doctrinal upgrade for the Panzer HQ. Maybe swap that out with Pak 43 (copy/paste from Wher). Could be interesting. Static 88s are seriously under represented in COH2.

They are not represented at all (the AA 88 it's unique, the PAK 43 it's a different thing). And that's strange because 88s were emblematic for german army. But there are many allied tanks/vehicles more powerfull that the current units in game and they are not represented eather. For instance, the soviet KV-85. So I think it's kinda fair, even if it's dull.
21 Jul 2015, 13:57 PM

OKW theching is fair, it offers good units at the right timing. Increasing the cost is not nessescary.
21 Jul 2015, 14:27 PM

OKW theching is fair, it offers good units at the right timing. Increasing the cost is not nessescary.

Actually, the improved lights might force OKW into early light as well, delaying T4/tanks which will balance stuff out at the end.

But for the first week it'll be just awesome to roll over OKW with lights while they refuse to adapt and attempt to spam shrecks into T4.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★