Login

russian armor

HMG Maxim and M2HB .50 Cal need a buff

20 Jul 2015, 02:21 AM

OKW infantry debatably has the most teeth in the game so I'd say it's fair.
20 Jul 2015, 02:24 AM

OKW infantry debatably has the most teeth in the game so I'd say it's fair.

Not really, Volks hit like a wet noodle and Fallsch are a giant drain on MP, Obers are arguably to. Efficiency beats raw power which is why Fuss are so scary good. JLI also get very terrifying with vet.

LMG Para's and LMG rifle blobs are by far the most scary things in the game.
20 Jul 2015, 02:42 AM

Permanently Banned
OKw has the most powerfull AI and AT within thier infrantry compared to the other factions.

Saying that lmg rifles are more "scary" than double obers or fussie blobs is laughable.
20 Jul 2015, 03:03 AM
Donator 33

The MG34 gets vet quick because it's incredibly cheap. The MG34 just needs to have it's old damage back (4) because since they halved it to 2 it has essentially no teeth.
Hey, atleast you can chill in green cover since it only deals 1dmg to you then :) (dont touch the mg 42 damage, its fine!)
20 Jul 2015, 03:11 AM

OKw has the most powerfull AI and AT within thier infrantry compared to the other factions.

Saying that lmg rifles are more "scary" than double obers or fussie blobs is laughable.

Except he was talking about AI teeth, and double obers hit hard but Fuss "blobs" are much more efficient. Volks literally only exist because they have a panzershrek on them.

LMG rifles have free yellow cover and 360 suppression, Para's have 6 men and more DPS on top of that. Would much rather face two Obers than a para/rifle blob of doom.

20 Jul 2015, 03:25 AM

Permanently Banned

Would much rather face two Obers than a para/rifle blob of doom.

of course you would.
20 Jul 2015, 03:59 AM

Hey what if for every HMG that got gun shield like Maxim and Dshk, the gunner get green cover due to the gun shield and the US .50 cal get the dig-in ability that deploy the sandbag before them to give them green cover like Modern Combat mod but they will unpack slower. The aim for Allied HMG is toget less raw suppression power compare to Axis but they should get more utility.
20 Jul 2015, 05:37 AM

False.

"Fixed a bug where the Maxim HMG incremental accuracy wasn’t increased along with other HMGs." That means the Maxim will do more damage when there are more models in the area being targeted.

"Maxim nearby suppression multiplier increased from 0.4 to 0.8" Squads will be suppressed from double the distance of the squad being targeted.

Maxim is fine right now and the garrison facing buff helped ALL MG's immensely. On Tuesday Maxims will be boss.

the bug fix will allow it to shoot more targets but this doesnt mean it will supress them good enough

there is no point the suppression effect of the maxim is not as strong as it should be
20 Jul 2015, 05:51 AM

The MG34 gets vet quick because it's incredibly cheap. The MG34 just needs to have it's old damage back (4) because since they halved it to 2 it has essentially no teeth.

the mg 34 has VERY GOOD SUPPRESSION if you want to deal damage when you defend against blobs then i suggest helping the mg 34 with sturmpioneers

its a HMG that suppresses very good it doesnt need damage otherwise we would have a problem,also we are talking about ALLIED HMGs.

if the mg 34 doesnt help you stop blobs then that Flak Halftrack will
20 Jul 2015, 06:02 AM

the mg 34 has VERY GOOD SUPPRESSION if you want to deal damage when you defend against blobs then i suggest helping the mg 34 with sturmpioneers

its a HMG that suppresses very good it doesnt need damage otherwise we would have a problem,also we are talking about ALLIED HMGs.

if the mg 34 doesnt help you stop blobs then that Flak Halftrack will

The Flak Track becomes extinct when AT guns hit the field. And the reduced damage of the MG34 has been given is poor against the units it's supposed to be shooting and killing.

MG's are about more than just suppression, they are about killing things in the arc that are dumb enough to stick around. .50 cal's, Maxims, the Dhsk and MG42 can accomplish this task while the MG34 has a much harder time of it.

Just raise the MG34's price and give it it's old damage back. And Allied HMG's come Tuesday will get all the buffs they need to be as successful as the new HMG42.
20 Jul 2015, 06:04 AM

of course you would.

Someone still getting Obers? lol?
20 Jul 2015, 07:12 AM

Jadame!, I thought MG34 got vet the quickest.

It vets very slow since the damage got reduced.
20 Jul 2015, 07:38 AM

I see. That actually makes sense.

I feel like .50 might vet the fastest then because it does the highest damage.
20 Jul 2015, 08:08 AM

The Flak Track becomes extinct when AT guns hit the field. And the reduced damage of the MG34 has been given is poor against the units it's supposed to be shooting and killing.

MG's are about more than just suppression, they are about killing things in the arc that are dumb enough to stick around. .50 cal's, Maxims, the Dhsk and MG42 can accomplish this task while the MG34 has a much harder time of it.

Just raise the MG34's price and give it it's old damage back. And Allied HMG's come Tuesday will get all the buffs they need to be as successful as the new HMG42.

Their job is to suppress Alex,damage wont save you you know there is a reason mg 42s now dominate allies,thats why the mg34 dominates as well,its not a unit you setup and then expect it to lock down an area and then forget it, its a unit you must use it carefuly and support it.

The AA halftrack suppress and wipes infantry squads and cant be killed easily by allies early on except soviets with their AT gun so its very good,also if you leave it in the open and expect to hold on its own then i am sorry you expect the impossible,its very good and annilates blobs with ease and with proper support it is unstopable early game,with out support its still dangerous but can be killed with AT guns.

the July 21rd patch wont touch the m2hb .50cal(so it still remains useless)the maxim will get bugged fixed and earn the trait to suppress from max range(still wont suppress entire blobs in its field of view)so nothing getting fixed the maxim is still buggy,still cant stop blobs,still costs the same as a mg42 and more then your mg34(which suppress infantry),next patch we will see more shreck blobs then we ever had and HMGs wont be there to stop it.
20 Jul 2015, 08:20 AM
Developer Relic Badge

.50cal already got what it needed which was the rifle nade vet 2 nerf. Aside from crew reinforce fixing, it does well like any MG when I'm a good position or screened unless you want to go fixing all LMGs. I've had very good success vs OKW with it and even Ost when I reposition after suppressing while rifles keep the greens suppressed before the ridiculous vet 2 bonus.

And go re-read all the changes for MGs which the Maxim is finally getting next patch and the nearby suppression boost its getting.
21 Jul 2015, 10:39 AM

.50cal already got what it needed which was the rifle nade vet 2 nerf. Aside from crew reinforce fixing, it does well like any MG when I'm a good position or screened unless you want to go fixing all LMGs. I've had very good success vs OKW with it and even Ost when I reposition after suppressing while rifles keep the greens suppressed before the ridiculous vet 2 bonus.

And go re-read all the changes for MGs which the Maxim is finally getting next patch and the nearby suppression boost its getting.

the rifle nade still has alot of range,wipes m2hb and nearly kills maxim squads,the nerf just removed the extra range you get at vet 2.

maxims need a fix for their buggy state and a little more increace in suppression and we are good(if people really dont like it and are afraid of spam then increace its price to 260 and upkeep)
26 Jul 2015, 06:58 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 01:03 AMJadame!
HMG42 needs damage nerf. It can clear garrisons on its own, kill up to 3 man squads on retreat and gains vet faster than any other hmg in game.

So hight damage is fine for 50 cal with super vulnerable against rifle nades and lmgs 4 man crew, but not for HMG42 with screen-wide arc of fire and best AoE suppression in whole game.

HMG34 needs little love.

Yes

Yes

and Yes
26 Jul 2015, 07:07 AM

50 cal is bad wut??? ive been having a fucking fun time with that thing as USF and the maxim is fine.
26 Jul 2015, 07:08 AM

Mg42 can use a damage nerf though.
26 Jul 2015, 07:45 AM

While it's still a monster, the .50 is in T1. With the return of the FHT and new 222, going T1 means your going to get owned by light vehicles in exchange for better anti-infantry power. (And nice M20 for lategame.)

IMO considering its tier placement the .50 cal could use a damage buff. The thing should melt enemy infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Germany 639
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak