Login

russian armor

Major artillery strike: Bugged or just bad?

18 Jul 2015, 00:57 AM
Patrion 28

worst barrage is Time on Target but the major barrage is no great shakes either. really, despite being prolific, most of the american artillery globals are meh or bad.
18 Jul 2015, 01:10 AM
Developer Relic Badge

worst barrage is Time on Target but the major barrage is no great shakes either. really, despite being prolific, most of the american artillery globals are meh or bad.

Time on Target is at least useful against OKW trucks, Major barrage would probably deal more damage if it was a bunch of mortars firing randomly at this point or was a neutered Ostheer off-map Leig barrage.

I think it should come down faster (fixing the values) and cheaper to make up for USF's lack of heavy indirect fire.
18 Jul 2015, 02:59 AM

I think 75 munitions is a fair price.

Also agree that Panzer Commander, Sturm officer, Artillery Field Officer, need buffs.

[NDA] is absolutely fine though.
18 Jul 2015, 03:13 AM

I think Major arty should change to mortar strike: more accurate, less damage like the vCOH Wehr officer's mortar strike.
nee
18 Jul 2015, 13:54 PM

They could make it similar to Pinpoint Artillery from Ardennes Assault, it's basically smaller barrage but also much small AOE so it's more like Precision Shot at the cost of not being particularly powerful.

Or unless that's exactly how IR Pathfinders work, then the completely opposite. I don't know since I don't own that commander.

So to answer OP's question, I suppose it's both bugged and needs fixing, and bad to begin with.
19 Jul 2015, 04:33 AM
Patrion 28

Time on Target is at least useful against OKW trucks, Major barrage would probably deal more damage if it was a bunch of mortars firing randomly at this point or was a neutered Ostheer off-map Leig barrage.

I think it should come down faster (fixing the values) and cheaper to make up for USF's lack of heavy indirect fire.

ToT is ONLY useable against OKW trucks and howitzers and it super cost ineffective.
19 Jul 2015, 05:02 AM

If the Major Arty got changed to a very weak but precise 82mm mortar strike, what would the cost be?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★