Login

russian armor

Tuning Pack OKW P4

16 Jul 2015, 05:00 AM

I am seeing a lot of people wanting a fu cost decrease, citing okw resource penalties.

But that's always been the way okw has worked. They can get initial armor out fast enough, but have a hard time replacing it. And it's not like you don't get bonuses for that minus, you have access to vet 5 so that your infantry and vehicles scale much better into the lategame than your enemies' units.

You pay 135 fu for the best stock medium in the game (230 frontal armor). If you pay less, then the unit itself has to be weaker.

If okw fu units get a cost decrease, then there would be no point in having a fuel penalty. Panthers cost the same for both okw and ostheer, as does the puma. This proves that equal fu cost for equal performance is how it works.

Most people (me included) are fine with the price. But it being the best stock medium armor wise doesn't make the fuel penalty not exist.
16 Jul 2015, 05:05 AM
Patrion 14

Most people (me included) are fine with the price. But it being the best stock medium armor wise doesn't make the fuel penalty not exist.

Fuel penalty has nothing to do with it. The fuel penalty is compensated for by giving you a stock heavy, vet 5 on all units, and extremely efficient teching (ie. Bonuses on buildings).

Im not quite sure what you are saying?
16 Jul 2015, 05:23 AM

Fuel penalty has nothing to do with it. The fuel penalty is compensated for by giving you a stock heavy, vet 5 on all units, and extremely efficient teching (ie. Bonuses on buildings).

Im not quite sure what you are saying?

OKW wasn't very well thought out when it was designed. A faction should have a logical progress of power upwards, not a "weak most of the game then HOLY SHIT AHHHHHHHHHHH". The best thing about the new PIV is it makes OKW midgame a loooooot more tolerable.
16 Jul 2015, 06:03 AM

I still have to play OKW. Bdut what I heard is that the P4 after vet 2 gets lunatic. So the 135 is probably a good number
16 Jul 2015, 06:47 AM

After the March patch OKW has been struggling to find an effective AI approach to counter the Allies infantry blobs.

And now finally here comes the PZ4.

"Who need the rekted Panther when you have strong well-rounded medium tank?!"
16 Jul 2015, 06:53 AM

OKW wasn't very well thought out when it was designed. A faction should have a logical progress of power upwards, not a "weak most of the game then HOLY SHIT AHHHHHHHHHHH". The best thing about the new PIV is it makes OKW midgame a loooooot more tolerable.

maybe the okw resource could use some adjustment?

making it 75% fuel and 75% munition, but all unit take more population. OKW are very population efficient and that's part of the reason why they snowball. Pop for pop, once the OKW get their vet they are unstoppable.

this put an emphasis on a small but elite army.
16 Jul 2015, 07:03 AM

Firesparks, what would you suggest as popcap raise?
16 Jul 2015, 07:20 AM

Iv suggested this before; lower the fuel cost of all OKW tanks by 33% but raise the MP cost by 50% and increase the pop cap by 3-4 for each tank so you can get tanks actually out the door but replacing them is a challenge.
16 Jul 2015, 07:53 AM

Putting in T4 a medium tank that would be fuel expensive to a fuel starved faction is like giving to one knight the best armor and weapons and send him alone to conquer the castle.

Thanks but no thanks, I will rely on my panthers if the fuel cost for PIV J will be ridiculous as some people are discussing here.
16 Jul 2015, 08:00 AM

as a quick suggestion? 2 for every unit

ideally it's a case by case example.
16 Jul 2015, 08:07 AM

Permanently Banned

Just like how you can have 4 fussiliers for every 5 rifles. Mybad, thats an axis unit so its fine.

Yes, fussiliers and rifleman make a larger impact compared to a P4.
16 Jul 2015, 08:16 AM

Permanently Banned

Iv suggested this before; lower the fuel cost of all OKW tanks by 33% but raise the MP cost by 50% and increase the pop cap by 3-4 for each tank so you can get tanks actually out the door but replacing them is a challenge.

This people, this!
16 Jul 2015, 08:23 AM

Don't play okw if you can't preserve your units.
Popcap increase is a big lategame nerf and manpower increase will lead to a gg if you are in a situation where you bleed a lot of mp or got some rng infantry wipes.
I think its fine as it is.
16 Jul 2015, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2015, 07:53 AMJohnnyB
Putting in T4 a medium tank that would be fuel expensive to a fuel starved faction is like giving to one knight the best armor and weapons and send him alone to conquer the castle.

Thanks but no thanks, I will rely on my panthers if the fuel cost for PIV J will be ridiculous as some people are discussing here.

Or you could gather some pitchfork armed peasants around that knight to protect him and fight with him.
Seemed to work during middle ages.

So, where are your infantry peasants?

You'll getting the best stock medium tank in game by a long shot that is able to easily fight against T34/85 and EZ8s and still whine like a sissy.
That is some hardcore fanboyism there.
16 Jul 2015, 08:58 AM

Don't play okw if you can't preserve your units.
Popcap increase is a big lategame nerf and manpower increase will lead to a gg if you are in a situation where you bleed a lot of mp or got some rng infantry wipes.
I think its fine as it is.

Have to agree with you. Currently the OKW faction as pretty much MP reserves if you preserve your troops well. So that you can cover up your losses. If they come back the units are crap so you need lots of MP Kappa
16 Jul 2015, 09:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2015, 07:53 AMJohnnyB

The OKW P4 has about 51 % chance to deflect a T34/85 shot on long range, 44 % with 3x 5 % armour bulletins.
Just to compare, a SU85 has about 49 % chance to penetrate a KT on long range.
You are underestimating how good the OKW P4, especially with vet.
Combine it with a pak43 or a JP4 and you have a force that is hard to take out.

I played already 1vs1 in alpha with it and there were long games where I fielded KT, Stuka, P4.

When playing okw the biggest challenge is to keep your armour alive, not to initially field it.
It deserves its 135 price tag, especially when the T34/85 also costs as much.
16 Jul 2015, 09:17 AM

I'm mostly disapointed that they gave the same OH PIV to OKW, instead of the PIV they could have given them a proper assault gun.
16 Jul 2015, 12:04 PM

What OKW really needs is stock mg34 to defend against maximspam and infantry blobs.
16 Jul 2015, 12:12 PM

What OKW really needs is stock mg34 to defend against maximspam and infantry blobs.

Now GTFO whine somewhere else Ostherlitz, this is P4 thread.
16 Jul 2015, 12:32 PM

How exactly MG-34 helps against maximspam, be it doctrinal or not?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★