Login

russian armor

Patch July 21st preview with Dusty and Luvnest

PAGES (13)down
14 Jul 2015, 12:02 PM

IS-2 not tied to tech, but T-34-85s need T4 (and that needs T3). If say T-34-85 costs 140 fuel getting the first one out will cost you about the same fuel as a IS-2, assuming you build up to T3 in both cases.

Still lacking some bits of the alpha, but another great patch, apart from some silly things.
14 Jul 2015, 12:16 PM

Maxims buffed. But I think OKW will be OK, the faction now needs to rely more on their mortars, snipers and their powerful smoke abilities.

Also, no changes to PTRS.

:foreveralone:
14 Jul 2015, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 08:11 AMBurts

Protip how to counter ML-20 as OKW. Go scavenge doctrine, spawn jaegers and use scavenge arty on the howitzer.

Not to be a jerk but... That's not exactly a pro tip seeing as scavenge arty doesn't always kill the howi.
14 Jul 2015, 12:40 PM

"We felt the Soviet tech tree encouraged a very binary gameplay and created reliance on dispatch abilities"

Jesus, they've got some clever bastards up there at Relic, eh! Thankfully we've got them to find out this stuff for us.
14 Jul 2015, 13:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 12:23 PMCieZ

Not to be a jerk but... That's not exactly a pro tip seeing as scavenge arty doesn't always kill the howi.

So what is your suggestion? Sit in base and die? :snfPeter:

Obviously it deosn't work all the time, but it's way better than spending 100 fuel on a stuka and trying to stuka it.
14 Jul 2015, 13:07 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 13:03 PMBurts

Obviously it deosn't work all the time, but it's way better than spending 100 fuel on a stuka and trying to stuka it.

Best okw counter to on map Howie is Elite armor.

Its not a joke, the panzer commander's artillery costs 120 muni and one shots on map emplacements, it just takes a while to hit. (Not that the Howie can move) pz commander on pz4 can quickly peek into enemy base, drop arty, and run. Will definetly require sweeper support, and use of radio intercept.

14 Jul 2015, 13:09 PM

So I'm curious. Was Ostruppen nerfed in one of the previous patches or were they bugged and still currently bugged that take in more damage or accuracy than they should be receiving.

Ostruppen is very map dependent too.
14 Jul 2015, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 13:03 PMBurts

Seems like that's the only way...OKW cannot counter arty effectively.
14 Jul 2015, 13:12 PM

Its not a joke, the panzer commander's artillery costs 120 muni and one shots on map emplacements, it just takes a while to hit. (Not that the Howie can move) pz commander on pz4 can quickly peek into enemy base, drop arty, and run. Will definetly require sweeper support, and use of radio intercept.

<<Looks at comm_ash signature - "STRATEGIST". He reises eyebrow then shooks the head>>.
You didn't just suggest Elite armor from OKW...did you?!
14 Jul 2015, 13:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 13:12 PMJohnnyB

<<Looks at comm_ash signature - "STRATEGIST". He reises eyebrow then shooks the head>>.

<<tips fedora>>
14 Jul 2015, 13:24 PM

I did this sometimes when B4 was in every game.

Noticed that:

-Scatter of the shells is quite high, it's possible that not even one shell hits the artillery piece.
-It's too expensive ( get a panther or now p4, upgrade it with officer, use arty which also costs munitions)
-It's too risky (often enough your tank hits a mine somewhere or gets bumrushed by medium armour)
-The doctrine leaves you vulnerable in early/mid game

It's safer to save 400 munitions and hope that scavenger arty hits.
Stuka works against it but is unreliable, sometimes the stuka destroys it, sometimes decrews and sometimes doesn't hit at all.
14 Jul 2015, 13:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 13:12 PMJohnnyB

Heavens forbid we do some out-of-the-box thinking!

Seriously though, we will have to wait and see how it plays out.
On some maps broad maps Elite Armor might actually be a viable counter. The Sturmtiger can take a lot of hits and only needs like 4 seconds to destroy a howitzer.
It could play out a little like this: Use IR halfrack to determine enemy troop locations -> send in Sturmtiger and a minesweeper though a less guarded path, send support units behind it to cover the retreat -> go in with sturmtiger, wiper howitzer -> retreat back to your covering units.

Obviously this won't be an option on all maps are some are just too narrow, but it will work on some.
14 Jul 2015, 13:43 PM
Patrion 14

Heavens forbid we do some out-of-the-box thinking!

Seriously though, we will have to wait and see how it plays out.
On some maps broad maps Elite Armor might actually be a viable counter. The Sturmtiger can take a lot of hits and only needs like 4 seconds to destroy a howitzer.
It could play out a little like this: Use IR halfrack to determine enemy troop locations -> send in Sturmtiger and a minesweeper though a less guarded path, send support units behind it to cover the retreat -> go in with sturmtiger, wiper howitzer -> retreat back to your covering units.

Obviously this won't be an option on all maps are some are just too narrow, but it will work on some.

Right, I forgot about that. Now that sturmtiger is a lot more viable as a unit, it is also a great counter to static emplacements, while now having a role as a genuine at vehicle.

Also, johnnyb, just because you don't like a doctrine doesn't make it bad. Sure it has bugs, but the sturmtiger 45 range + radio intercept combo is going to be great, like it was in the alpha. Even if you never touch the pz commander, the sturmtiger is now a great unit with synergies in its own doctrine.

Achtachter, I've never personally had problems with the scatter on the barrage. By any chance was it an issue with an elevation? I've noticed elevation make a huge difference on major arty for example.
14 Jul 2015, 14:01 PM

Pack Howitzer buff seems a little bit much, the unit was already very deadly, 380mp feels low for it.

Overall very good stuff.

I think this is a very good change since it makes t3 more viable + stuart buff ... pak howi for it's current price is not that good at all considering the ostheer mortar for example does the same job and it's only 240 mp
14 Jul 2015, 14:25 PM

Nice changes overall.

Will the is allies changes will be enough to contain Axis infantry rush + hmg42 + mortars. (3v3+)

CAS changes look cool.

Soviets build will be more streamlined...

Panzer 4 will should have good time...

More after field testing..

to get 1 p4 out, with building t2 it will cost 1090mp and 315 fuel

to get 2 t34 's out, with building t2 1000 mp 290 fuel
ost tech gets even more screwed over then before
building t2 is only 20 mp cheaper all the rest gets more expensive
14 Jul 2015, 14:51 PM

No fixes to the HEAT shells from Elite Armored though...
14 Jul 2015, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 20:31 PMVonIvan
Also relating to the patch notes(my personal opinion):
It's a good patch, lets not deny this.......however...
2/5 of the alpha changes at best are still missing, with an account on some other side things as well(*cough* doctrines *cough* irregulars/ostruppen/partysans*cough*)
Relic deciding to throw us a curve ball and wait until September to give us all these alpha changes is mind-boggling at best, because I don't want to wait 2 months for a *********** that we could have now....but Relic likes to take things
  • Sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow :foreveralone:

Pretty much summed up my exact feelings about the thus far missing changes.
14 Jul 2015, 15:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 14:25 PMcrash

to get 1 p4 out, with building t2 it will cost 1090mp and 315 fuel

to get 2 t34 's out, with building t2 1000 mp 290 fuel
ost tech gets even more screwed over then before
building t2 is only 20 mp cheaper all the rest gets more expensive

I think your math is wrong. Two t-34s will cost 370 fuel, 290 for 1. Remember soviets now have to build T3 to build T4.
14 Jul 2015, 15:01 PM

Zerong arty is only OKW arty that can reliably destroy static emplacements, but you need sight.

I hope Goliath would be there soon.
14 Jul 2015, 15:17 PM
Patrion 15

I'm a little concerned about the Soviet quad rush and the on map howitzers might be borderline OP, especially the ML20. I really don't want the howitzer -> Recon run/stuka dive bomb meta back :|

Aside from that these changes look really interesting. This will be a much needed breath of fresh air. Thank god for the death of the call in meta, phew was that boring.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS