Login

russian armor

When did Germany gain Alien tech?

13 Jul 2015, 12:25 PM

Snipers have predator cloaking even when moving or in the open and the Jagdpanzer has the same thing even when being repaired by engies.

I'm all for camo and enemies being invisible but surely it has to be situational, no? Snipers should have to be stood still for a set period of time, should have to be prone if in the open, little touches like that that remove the enemy just disappearing before your very eyes.

Snipers can quite literally run at you through open terrain and so long as they are out of the detection range, remain invisible before they take their shot...

Thoughts?
13 Jul 2015, 12:34 PM

The reason the German sniper has extremely good cloaking is because you have to use it to not die when facing off against Soviet snipers. JLI and Fallsch can do the same thing as well as both types of Pathfinders.

The JPIV has cloaking because it's the least mobile TD outside of the Super Heavies. Although the ability for it to cloak mid combat is a bit silly.
13 Jul 2015, 12:49 PM

The reason the german sniper had such good camo is because it used to have less survivabilty then the soviet one and needed some way to compinsate. Now it has pretty good survivability, arguably better then the soviet one in many cases. Between the camo and quick firing it makes it near impossible to even chase off the sniper without a complete counter, even when the sniper is completely unsupported.

When comparing the two snipers, it's obvious the german one is leagues better then the soviet.
13 Jul 2015, 12:56 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 12:25 PMLatch
Snipers can quite literally run at you through open terrain and so long as they are out of the detection range, remain invisible before they take their shot...

Soviet snipers only cloak when in cover. German snipers remain cloaked for a small period of time after they leave cover.

- - - - - - - - -

Snipers (Soviet and German) are the most cancerous units in the game IMO. You just can't kill them when you are facing a decent opponent.

All Snipers squads should only have one model with 82HP, high received accuracy and cloaking ONLY when in cover.

That would allow counter sniping and make snipers easier to kill for WFA factions.
13 Jul 2015, 13:28 PM
Donator 11

"When did Germany gain Alien tech"
To answer your question: during the WW2

13 Jul 2015, 14:49 PM
Patrion 14

You are all incorrect by the way. This is obviously Predator Tech.
13 Jul 2015, 17:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The JPIV has cloaking because it's the least mobile TD outside of the Super Heavies. Although the ability for it to cloak mid combat is a bit silly.

It's even worst when they cloak while i'm buttoning them

PD: it's not like it's common but OKW Elite infantry cammos also when they are on retreat. Why can't we have unified behaviour on this game :/
13 Jul 2015, 18:13 PM

It's even worst when they cloak while i'm buttoning them

PD: it's not like it's common but OKW Elite infantry cammos also when they are on retreat. Why can't we have unified behaviour on this game :/

All units capable of camo (outside the snipers maybe? Iv not seen one retreat cloak in a while) can cloak will retreating provided the cover is there. This of course is extremely fun when using JLI since most battlefields will be covered in yellow cover by the end game allowing you to retreat will cloaked over a long distance.
13 Jul 2015, 18:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

All units capable of camo (outside the snipers maybe? Iv not seen one retreat cloak in a while) can cloak will retreating provided the cover is there. This of course is extremely fun when using JLI since most battlefields will be covered in yellow cover by the end game allowing you to retreat will cloaked over a long distance.

I was under the impression OH cammo didn't work like that (i could be wrong although).
13 Jul 2015, 18:21 PM

I was under the impression OH cammo didn't work like that (i could be wrong although).

I played against a Pathfinder spammer the other day and his squads were cloaking on retreat and my JLI are doing the samething. I don't know if Snipers can do it because I don't face them often (lucky me) and I don't use them barely at all.

I know that hold fire also know allows you to advance JLI squads while cloaked which is p cool.
13 Jul 2015, 18:43 PM
Patrion 14

camo-ing in mid combat is stupid as hell 'cept for snipers.

this applies to jagdpanzer, jaeger light, falls, pathfinders and are there more?
13 Jul 2015, 18:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 12:25 PMLatch
Snipers have predator cloaking even when moving or in the open and the Jagdpanzer has the same thing even when being repaired by engies.

I'm all for camo and enemies being invisible but surely it has to be situational, no? Snipers should have to be stood still for a set period of time, should have to be prone if in the open, little touches like that that remove the enemy just disappearing before your very eyes.

Thoughts?

So you're telling me its not logical for people to hide in bushes and camo when they wear camo clothes to camo in the bushes.
13 Jul 2015, 18:47 PM

in WW2 AT Guns were also hidden in bushes that were sizeable. During the liberation of France a tank battalion was ambushed by German AT Guns and armor in bushes and cover that fitted.
13 Jul 2015, 19:12 PM

It is also a lot easier to keep a single entity with 86 health alive and maneuvering through cover than a team of 2 entities with half the health.
13 Jul 2015, 19:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

in WW2 AT Guns were also hidden in bushes that were sizeable. During the liberation of France a tank battalion was ambushed by German AT Guns and armor in bushes and cover that fitted.

"Sure, we'll hide this...giant gun."
13 Jul 2015, 23:14 PM

So you're telling me its not logical for people to hide in bushes and camo when they wear camo clothes to camo in the bushes.

Did you even read what I wrote?

I'm all for camo and enemies being invisible but surely it has to be situational
Snipers and the Jag can go invisible in an open field even if they have just fired a shot and you have seen them, camo doesn't make you go invisible once the enemy knows where you are, you know.
14 Jul 2015, 12:51 PM

JP camo and other "ambush camo" (pathfinders, doctrinal camo etc) should only be able activate while outside of combat. I think snipers should be the only exception to this rule.
14 Jul 2015, 13:08 PM

So many brits and americans going to buy this game and rant about this game

just like all who played soviets all this time
14 Jul 2015, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 23:14 PMLatch

Did you even read what I wrote?

I'm all for camo and enemies being invisible but surely it has to be situational
Snipers and the Jag can go invisible in an open field even if they have just fired a shot and you have seen them, camo doesn't make you go invisible once the enemy knows where you are, you know.

Play as Ostheer faction, get a sniper and see if he can cloak without cover
14 Jul 2015, 14:44 PM

JP camo and other "ambush camo" (pathfinders, doctrinal camo etc) should only be able activate while outside of combat. I think snipers should be the only exception to this rule.
Pathfinders are a type of sniper. They have more durability and less drastic firepower, but still the same role.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 45
South Africa 4
Germany 732

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak