Login

russian armor

Im not saying Germans are OP, but....

12 Jul 2015, 20:09 PM

There seems to be a bit of a favoritism.

12 Jul 2015, 20:13 PM

Playing 3v3 and 4v4

It's you who asked for this.
12 Jul 2015, 20:13 PM

People always prefer to play the bad guy. Apparently there is something very appealing about fascism.
12 Jul 2015, 20:17 PM

People always prefer to play the bad guy. Apparently there is something very appealing about fascism.

Bad guys tend to theoretically have cooler and better toys to help portray a underdog feel for the good guys. Ever notice how much cooler dark side force powers are compared to light side? Also empire is cooler looking.
12 Jul 2015, 20:20 PM

Oh holy God when will it end, these people who complain about 3v3 and 4v4. I don´t know where the robem is but allieds seem to be the same kindergarden cheese party as axis. If you take a look at may playercard you will undertsand (5 out of 6 loses through drophack and crashes).
12 Jul 2015, 20:43 PM

I don't know if the patch recently has anything to do with it but I've been seeing these ratios more since they announced the brits, and we've started losing every single game again vs having a win here and there.
12 Jul 2015, 20:53 PM

lol not this again XD
12 Jul 2015, 20:56 PM

Bad guys tend to theoretically have cooler and better toys to help portray a underdog feel for the good guys. Ever notice how much cooler dark side force powers are compared to light side? Also empire is cooler looking.

Theoretically.

White fucking armor which looks like made of plastic is not cool. Most propably economically collapsed and ruined by uprisings empire (I'm basing only on movies) is not cool. And why would you kill someone with suffocation or some lasers when you can just tell him 'ur a fukken looser and a fagget, go kill urself' and he'll do it. Light side rules :snfBarton:
12 Jul 2015, 20:57 PM

All of the COH2.org users must be online then

12 Jul 2015, 21:11 PM

What if I told you that being attracted by better equipment doesn´t mean being appealed by fascism.

As a matter of fact most people will chose a MG42 over a WW1 MG, a heavier armored and armed Panther over a T-34, Panzergrens with Stgs over Penals etc. Even the Ostheer Sniper is more fun than his Soviet counter part as you get that rewarding feeling of sniping something more often.

Throw into that a boring Russian tech and call in structure that doesn´t let you get good infantry/ artillery and tanks at the same time and you have an unattractive faction.
12 Jul 2015, 21:53 PM

What if I told you that being attracted by better equipment doesn´t mean being appealed by fascism.

As a matter of fact most people will chose a MG42 over a WW1 MG, a heavier armored and armed Panther over a T-34, Panzergrens with Stgs over Penals etc. Even the Ostheer Sniper is more fun than his Soviet counter part as you get that rewarding feeling of sniping something more often.

Throw into that a boring Russian tech and call in structure that doesn´t let you get good infantry/ artillery and tanks at the same time and you have an unattractive faction.
because we know despite that germany won the war:snfPeter: Besides that this is a video game history < gameplay
12 Jul 2015, 21:55 PM

the axis is still more powerful in late game and the allies is still a "bit more" powerful in the early game.

It's much easier to reach late game in 3v3 and 4v4 so it's easier to play as axis in those game mode. The soviet with the right doctrine can keep up with the axis but the soviet player needs to know what he's doing.
12 Jul 2015, 22:03 PM

Well statistically they are OP in 4v4. But the british forces will help to even it out bc of greater synergies for allies in teamgames and possibly stronger late game.
12 Jul 2015, 22:13 PM

Permanently Banned
Lol aerohank hurr
12 Jul 2015, 22:17 PM

There seems to be a bit of a favoritism.

What if I'd tell you that in other gamemodes I've seen this picture reversed more times than I could bother to counter?
Although you won't get any argument from me that in 4v4/3v3 Axis are stronger.

Good guys, bad guys, preference for a faction in a videogame equals an attraction towards fascism holy non sequitur batman. No offence man, but thats Kindergarden grade reasoning. I mean, one might just conclude that with your what, 500 axis games played you are a genocidal, antisemitic asshole that reenacts Auschwitz in his basement, while your even more numerous games with Soviets indicate your hearty appreciation of Katyn and the Holodomor. Or maybe that kind of thinking is just daft.

Also, Nazism does not equal Fascism either, the former is sui generis, there actually are substantial differences, the most obvious being the import of "scientific" racism and antisemitism in particular in Nazi ideology.
12 Jul 2015, 22:24 PM

Ostheer is the only faction that plays like the designers weren't drunk when they made it.
12 Jul 2015, 22:27 PM

because we know despite that germany won the war:snfPeter:
What does that have to do with anything? But even if I mentioned realism, you can still have better equipment and lose. You are taking out of consideration things like supply lines, numbers, fuel, raw materials and strategy and whatnot.

Besides that this is a video game history < gameplay
And your point is? People prefer Panthers and MG42s because they are stronger. I´m not talking about realism, I´m talking about the game. They are stronger - in the very early days of OP Maxims people played more Soviets.
12 Jul 2015, 22:32 PM

It's not that Axis are OP, it's just.. who wants to play with Sherman when you can call for mighty, legendary Tiger? It's all about toys.
12 Jul 2015, 22:34 PM

Come Brits, i am very sure many people will be playing Allies...
12 Jul 2015, 22:36 PM

And your point is? People prefer Panthers and MG42s because they are stronger. I´m not talking about realism, I´m talking about the game. They are stronger - in the very early days of OP Maxims people played more Soviets.
So axis is easy to play? Hehe.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 27
Netherlands 16
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %