Login

russian armor

Change Steam Icon for CoH2

12 Jul 2015, 13:01 PM
Donator 11

Hey guys,

is there a way to change the steam icon for coh2? I really do not like the soviet hammer and sickle on a red star... for political reasons... :)

I want to use my own one -->

[img="http://www11.pic-upload.de/12.07.15/cwl[url=http://www58f9lu.jpg"]www58f9lu.jpg" alt=""]

Cheers.
12 Jul 2015, 13:03 PM

And what about makig it to look more from wester front , but at least so good as this one - that what is now(i think hammer and sicle look better than your one)
12 Jul 2015, 13:09 PM

Umm, so why won't you change shortcut icon yourself again...?
12 Jul 2015, 13:47 PM
Donator 11

And what about makig it to look more from wester front , but at least so good as this one - that what is now(i think hammer and sicle look better than your one)

I dont understand...? sry. I want a custom icon in steam.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2015, 13:09 PMKatitof
Umm, so why won't you change shortcut icon yourself again...?

I want to change the steam icon. So that within the steam application and on the windows task bar you can see my custom icon instead of the hammer & sickle.

This is not working with a shortcut.
12 Jul 2015, 14:15 PM

There is no answer for this question with the usual tools.
Keep in mind it's just the game and it would probably also have a swastika on it if it was socially and politically acceptable.
Just don't look at it.
12 Jul 2015, 14:26 PM

With the new arstyle, the icon is going to change in the future. Mark my words :snfBarton:
12 Jul 2015, 14:28 PM

With the new arstyle, the icon is going to change in the future. Mark my words :snfBarton:

I've read this multiple times from now but I honestly don't get what this 'new art style' should be.
The British Forces wallpapers and teasers are in the same art style as WFA?
12 Jul 2015, 14:36 PM

I've read this multiple times from now but I honestly don't get what this 'new art style' should be.
The British Forces wallpapers and teasers are in the same art style as WFA?

Have you seen the new CoH2 image in Steam Downloads? Watch it closely when the next patch arrives, it now has same font as box arts of expansions. Looks like the feel of eastern front white-red theme is getting rid of nearly completely, and the game now is a Yurope Nazi 3Xterminator Simulator 2015. I'd also tell you to check Steam Store page for CoH2, especially the 'pick your fight' section.
12 Jul 2015, 14:52 PM

Looks like a phone app icon. :|
12 Jul 2015, 19:45 PM
Donator 11

There is no answer for this question with the usual tools.
Keep in mind it's just the game and it would probably also have a swastika on it if it was socially and politically acceptable.
Just don't look at it.

Thx for your answer. I already assumed the impossibility of this little dream, asking the community was my last hope.

Though I was rather joking by stating political reasons, I now realize that showing the Stalinist era hammer & sickle is actually EXACTLY as problematic like depicting the swastica. The essential difference is between winning and loosing a war, and a German weakness for perfect organization.

Now I am offended! ;)
13 Jul 2015, 06:29 AM

Thx for your answer. I already assumed the impossibility of this little dream, asking the community was my last hope.

Though I was rather joking by stating political reasons, I now realize that showing the Stalinist era hammer & sickle is actually EXACTLY as problematic like depicting the swastica. The essential difference is between winning and loosing a war, and a German weakness for perfect organization.

Now I am offended! ;)

No problem, mate!
Well, I am German and I can somehow understand your problem, haha.
But yeah, just keep a healthy distance from the game. It's about history and history was full of hammers, sickles and swastikas.
But I honestly don't understand why they put a hammer/sickle on every free pixel but refused to show swastikas. I mean of course it's because swastikas are forbidden in many nations (Germany, Austria, etc.) but if I recall correctly it's the same thing with the communist symbols, isn't it?
13 Jul 2015, 20:53 PM
Donator 11

No problem, mate!
Well, I am German and I can somehow understand your problem, haha.
But yeah, just keep a healthy distance from the game. It's about history and history was full of hammers, sickles and swastikas.
But I honestly don't understand why they put a hammer/sickle on every free pixel but refused to show swastikas. I mean of course it's because swastikas are forbidden in many nations (Germany, Austria, etc.) but if I recall correctly it's the same thing with the communist symbols, isn't it?

Siegermachtpropaganda. Final answer. And I rly do not like nazis. :)
13 Jul 2015, 21:40 PM

Now I am offended! ;)

Nope.

The only reason the Hammer and Sickle is present in game and the Swastika is not is due to legal issues in places that this game is bought and sold.

The Hammer and Sickle is not an illegal symbol in the nations that this game is available for download/purchase.

There are a few eastern European nations that do have restrictions on the Hammer and Sickle, but they are vastly few and far between compared to the limitations on Swastika's.
14 Jul 2015, 11:38 AM
Donator 11

Nope.

The only reason the Hammer and Sickle is present in game and the Swastika is not is due to legal issues in places that this game is bought and sold.

The Hammer and Sickle is not an illegal symbol in the nations that this game is available for download/purchase.

There are a few eastern European nations that do have restrictions on the Hammer and Sickle, but they are vastly few and far between compared to the limitations on Swastika's.

If you really believe that legality equals legitimacy, then you are absolutely right with your initial denial of my point of view.
14 Jul 2015, 12:09 PM
Donator 11

I don't get why people are so offended by hammer and sickle. This is a symbol of communism not stalinist regime. (While svastika is a symbol of nazi regime) It is also important that we still have communist countries around the world and there is more of them than the countries that banned those symbols (5 to 4), not to mention these communist countries have much higher population. So what is more offending then? Banning symbols of 1/3 of the world ideology or not bannind symbols of ideology that is not welcome in 4 small countries?

Btw I don't belive that svastika should have been banned either. Its part of our history, there is no way or reason to hide it.
14 Jul 2015, 20:11 PM

If you really believe that legality equals legitimacy, then you are absolutely right with your initial denial of my point of view.

I was simply informing you on why the Hammer and Sickle is present in games like this and the Swastika isn't from a legal standpoint, minus all the political BS and dramatic trappings.

By all means, argue about legality vs legitimacy, but the fact of the matter is Relic and other companies that make games like this are only going to base their decisions on the laws that apply to them, in the countries they wish to release their game within.
14 Jul 2015, 20:36 PM
Donator 11

I was simply informing you on why the Hammer and Sickle is present in games like this and the Swastika isn't from a legal standpoint, minus all the political BS and dramatic trappings.

By all means, argue about legality vs legitimacy, but the fact of the matter is Relic and other companies that make games like this are only going to base their decisions on the laws that apply to them, in the countries they wish to release their game within.

And I was merely stating my dissatisfaction with the legal situation (I am well aware of), because it seems not right from my point of view. Siegermachtspropaganda.

No worries mate. :)

cheers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight