Login

russian armor

Nice to see the new patch....

10 Jul 2015, 11:15 AM

Enjoy your undisputed Lategame supremacy while it lasts! ;)
You mean the T-34/85 meta? What fucking late game advantage?

How hard is it to understand? I am talking about Firefly and Comet, not a static gun. Why would they make more damage than a Panther? That would lead to stupid situations - especially with the shit rate of fire. Panther had the same performing gun but also better armor. Now it´s supposed to go down vs something with the same gun but less armor?

The M36 has already shown that more than 160 damage on vehicles is shit.

But yeah - that´s the special snow flake at its finest.
10 Jul 2015, 11:26 AM
Patrion 14

You mean the T-34/85 meta? What fucking late game advantage?

How hard is it to understand? I am talking about Firefly and Comet, not a static gun. Why would they make more damage than a Panther? That would lead to stupid situations - especially with the shit rate of fire. Panther had the same performing gun but also better armor. Now it´s supposed to go down vs something with the same gun but less armor?

You don't know anything yet in terms of unit stats, unit roles, or unit price. Why would you assume that said units would be able to do so?

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

(Bonus lol at OP Jackson, I'm sure you would love a 160 dmg Jackson with a higher ROF to compensate)
10 Jul 2015, 11:33 AM

You don't know anything yet in terms of unit stats, unit roles, or unit price. Why would you assume that said units would be able to do so?

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

(Bonus lol at OP Jackson, I'm sure you would love a 160 dmg Jackson with a higher ROF to compensate)
I´m not going to break the NDA, though I didn´t even sign it. But I played some games in the Alpha at a friends place. And let me tell you there´s some weird stuff going on.
10 Jul 2015, 11:34 AM

Like elephant or jagdtiger?

The special snowflake like that exists since alpha and can two shot most medium armor.
10 Jul 2015, 11:35 AM

Gun caliber does not directly relate to anti-tank ability people, jesus christ

10 Jul 2015, 11:42 AM
Patrion 14

I´m not going to break the NDA, though I didn´t even sign it. But I played some games in the Alpha at a friends place. And let me tell you there´s some weird stuff going on.

Quirks in a 2 month old (already) alpha that had more balance issues than a drunk trombonist? Really?

Just wait until we see the actual balance, then you can complain all you want. The whole point of the alpha was mainly bug fixes and design ideas, not balance.
10 Jul 2015, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2015, 11:34 AMKatitof

Like elephant or jagdtiger?

The special snowflake like that exists since alpha and can two shot most medium armor.
You mean the doctrinal 245 fuel vehicle without a turret that can barely move or turn?

If you want to compare damage output take Panther and Jackson.
10 Jul 2015, 12:09 PM

You mean the doctrinal 245 fuel vehicle without a turret that can barely move or turn?

If you want to compare damage output take Panther and Jackson.

That is irrelevant really.

They are there, you can't ignore them, just because they go against your argument.
But if it makes you feel better, you can still compare damage and calibers to what IS-2, KV-2 or ISU got to see that your logic is bullshit.

@alex
yes, because we're on ww2 historical discussion thread and not on arcade RTS games forum... :snfBarton:
10 Jul 2015, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2015, 12:09 PMKatitof

That is irrelevant really.

They are there, you can't ignore them, just because they go against your argument.

@alex
yes, because we're on ww2 historical discussion thread and not on arcade RTS games forum... :snfBarton:

In game caliber doesn't translate directly into anti tank ability either so.....
10 Jul 2015, 12:18 PM

Gun caliber does not directly relate to anti-tank ability people, jesus christ

Unless you fire HE shells.

Why have you added that picture with whiny nazi to your post? :D
10 Jul 2015, 12:23 PM

Superior German Facepalm technology obviously
10 Jul 2015, 12:35 PM

In game caliber doesn't translate directly into anti tank ability either so.....

Congratulations, you understood the point!

Now reward yourself with a cookie.

Eat it in front of Cardboard Tank while looking him in the eyes since he deserves punishment for not getting it.
10 Jul 2015, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2015, 12:35 PMKatitof

Congratulations, you understood the point!

Now reward yourself with a cookie.

Eat it in front of Cardboard Tank while looking him in the eyes since he deserves punishment for not getting it.

I'll save it to eat during the tournament (my first with the clan) today, get hype!
10 Jul 2015, 13:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2015, 12:35 PMKatitof
Are you fucking retarded? I never said that the caliber equals penetration. The 88mm is bigger - it´s fucking 6,25 meters long. Barrel length is what gives increased penetration.

But you are Katitof, the forum jerk.
10 Jul 2015, 13:08 PM
Patrion 14

Are you fucking retarded? I never said that the caliber equals penetration. The 88mm is bigger - it´s fucking 6,25 meters long. Barrel length is what gives increased penetration.

You still aren't getting the point though. He's not talking about caliber vs. Caliber or anything of the sort. He is talking about in game units being balanced around their intended role ingame, not their historical usage and certainly not their specs.

Coh2 can't afford to balance realistically because there aren't nearly enough units.

In real life for example, the soviets had enormous at superiority with their b5 at gun, su, and isu series tank assault guns. They had such overwhelming numbers as well that the German military had a hard time holding them back. However, ingame, the soviets are reliant on su85's and t34/85s. As a result, both these tanks are performing differently compared to how they were in real life. Even though they have the exact same gun.
10 Jul 2015, 13:36 PM

Wehrmacht equals SS (Nazi).
10 Jul 2015, 13:42 PM

I'm glad Relic is making good changes, mostly. If this is the start of a new trend, I'll be happy. If not, then, well, shit, back to the hole I've been digging for months where I can be alone and cry.
1 like = 1 prayer for VonIvan's sanity.
10 Jul 2015, 17:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just wait until we see the actual balance, then you can complain all you want. The whole point of the alpha was mainly bug fixes and design ideas, not balance.

This is what we all hope for.
12 Jul 2015, 22:53 PM

Which is why every one is using .50 calibre cartridges just in 10metre long barrels . . . .

It's also why the Yamato is famous with it's 20 metre long 5cm guns....
12 Jul 2015, 22:59 PM

Which is why every one is using .50 calibre cartridges just in 10metre long barrels . . . .

It's also why the Yamato is famous with it's 20 metre long 5cm guns....
Stop trolling. You know exactly what I meant.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 59
unknown 26
United Kingdom 248
United States 10
Germany 1
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W