Login

russian armor

Can I have some advice?

9 Jul 2015, 11:05 AM
11 Jul 2015, 03:52 AM
Patrion 28

i'll try and take a look at this at soon; don't have the time right now.
11 Jul 2015, 04:48 AM

Couple of points/tips before we go into specifics:

• Always get minesweepers with at least one RE squad and move that squad in before or with the Sherman when it makes aggressive pushes into enemy territory, if you're ever unsure, always send in the minesweeper first with inf backup.
  • Have a 5th sense on your doc choices/decision making(have 1-2 docs you usually select on certain maps like the one you played on).
  • When upgrading to an ability utilize all of it.
  • Make sure you don't just push in with your tanks unsupported unless you have a good sense/amount of info showing that it would be a wise decision to do so.
  • Target inf on the flanks instead of focusing center all the time, when push comes to shove you'll find out bleeding him via bad retreat paths on flanks with armor + inf wiping out single squads over time does more dmg to him than to you in the long run.
  • Always always always make sure you're using your anti-inf howi tanks/shermans in a manner that fits their role(Sherman via the flank to wipe squads, anti-inf howi motor carriage in the center behind a building a bit to focus fire at max range).
  • Be aggressive early game as USF. They have the advantage over any faction up until the 7-10 min mark so try to not camp in buildings unless by their cutoff and avoid being slow to push up at first.
  • Play smart, if you know you can't micro everything pushing up, then move things up slowly and around the flanks little by little or get in a building first to see where the rest of the enemy is setup to prep for your next advance on the battlefield.
  • Be ballsy only when on the flanks/when you know your opponent has been badly weakened/has recently retreated important units or pieces of armor.

Now to the specifics of how we can improve your gameplay:

• I noticed you had a selection of 3 doctrines but decided to go rifle company later on in the game. Now while I don't know if you wanted to wait and see before choosing a doctrine or you had decided to go rifle company but wished to wait until later to select it or you forgot to at first is what I'd like to know before continuing on this specific. However, I will say I personally recommend as stated before picking 1-2 docs you're most likely going to select for the specific map(semois summer) If you're more likely to go rifle company as I saw I'd highly recommend choosing it the instant you load the game to better ensure it's effectiveness early game as it can give you a huge edge due to the early call-in ability of vetted rifles vs non-vet axis inf.
  • I also noticed you put an mg down to cover the center of the map/vp. Since it's a bit open to pak fire and in an area most likely to be contested during the duration of the game it would probably be safer to either put it up north to cover your vp and force your opponent to ignore that area until it can send a shrek squad or piece of armor to take it out(thus allowing you to hopefully wipe it with a sherman on retreat as usually one-two units are sent to deal with this)or you can place it by your fuel down south preventing your opponent from harassing it(as well as bringing what was said before down to deal with it later allowing you to hopefully take out said unsupported armor/inf).
  • Another area of interest I noticed was your decisions on where to place armor. Now while the decision to use the jacksons semi-aggressively paid off for the most part the positioning of the motor carriage and sherman were unfortunate mistakes. As stated above it is best to use the Sherman to wipe inf on the flanks or support a push center and have the M8A1 motor carraige barrage from behind a building in the center to focus on soft targets such as mgs or paks positioned on the center of the map.
  • One more thing I discovered was your utilization of grenades. I found you would use said grenades to get smoke barrages to cover your inf retreats/pushes but I rarely saw you throwing grenades against lone axis inf to easily wipe them out, since you had plenty munis early game that would've helped stop him from growing his armada of panzergrens/other inf to slowly overtake you.
  • One other upgrade I discovered not utilized to it's maximum potential was the B.A.R. upgrade you made mid-game, only one-two squads really utilized the B.A.R. upgrade the whole game. Since you had 180-200+ munis mid-game it would've been best to equip all your rifles with the B.A.R. eventually or all at once.
  • Considering the amount of inf he had it would have been best to get more vet riflez out via the elite riflemen training ability so you have about 5-7 altogether to best counter the axis inf. Attempting to group them and charge in is a good idea to help maximize your dps potential. You can also flank from all sides with a good number of them and chuck grenades while he's busy microing engagements from all sides(he can't be a micro wizard unless he's top 10!).
  • One last thing I noticed was the fact that you let some riflemen squads stay put after pushing to get wiped by the tiger or other axis inf, whenever you make a push concentrate on what you're pushing with or if you think you wont be able to keep track of everything then it would best to have a scout in a building or behind green cover at all times first to prevent them from getting wiped quickly.

Hope this helps, gl in automatch. Wreck those scrubs \ :foreveralone: /
11 Jul 2015, 12:48 PM

Quite a big piece of advice, VonIvan, pretty cool of you.
11 Jul 2015, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2015, 12:48 PMAnarcy
Quite a big piece of advice, VonIvan, pretty cool of you.

Loved the pics lol
11 Jul 2015, 13:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2015, 04:48 AMVonIvan
Couple of points/tips before we go into specifics:

• Always get minesweepers with at least one RE squad and move that squad in before or with the Sherman when it makes aggressive pushes into enemy territory, if you're ever unsure, always send in the minesweeper first with inf backup.
  • Have a 5th sense on your doc choices/decision making(have 1-2 docs you usually select on certain maps like the one you played on).
  • When upgrading to an ability utilize all of it.
  • Make sure you don't just push in with your tanks unsupported unless you have a good sense/amount of info showing that it would be a wise decision to do so.
  • Target inf on the flanks instead of focusing center all the time, when push comes to shove you'll find out bleeding him via bad retreat paths on flanks with armor + inf wiping out single squads over time does more dmg to him than to you in the long run.
  • Always always always make sure you're using your anti-inf howi tanks/shermans in a manner that fits their role(Sherman via the flank to wipe squads, anti-inf howi motor carriage in the center behind a building a bit to focus fire at max range).
  • Be aggressive early game as USF. They have the advantage over any faction up until the 7-10 min mark so try to not camp in buildings unless by their cutoff and avoid being slow to push up at first.
  • Play smart, if you know you can't micro everything pushing up, then move things up slowly and around the flanks little by little or get in a building first to see where the rest of the enemy is setup to prep for your next advance on the battlefield.
  • Be ballsy only when on the flanks/when you know your opponent has been badly weakened/has recently retreated important units or pieces of armor.

Now to the specifics of how we can improve your gameplay:

• I noticed you had a selection of 3 doctrines but decided to go rifle company later on in the game. Now while I don't know if you wanted to wait and see before choosing a doctrine or you had decided to go rifle company but wished to wait until later to select it or you forgot to at first is what I'd like to know before continuing on this specific. However, I will say I personally recommend as stated before picking 1-2 docs you're most likely going to select for the specific map(semois summer) If you're more likely to go rifle company as I saw I'd highly recommend choosing it the instant you load the game to better ensure it's effectiveness early game as it can give you a huge edge due to the early call-in ability of vetted rifles vs non-vet axis inf.
  • I also noticed you put an mg down to cover the center of the map/vp. Since it's a bit open to pak fire and in an area most likely to be contested during the duration of the game it would probably be safer to either put it up north to cover your vp and force your opponent to ignore that area until it can send a shrek squad or piece of armor to take it out(thus allowing you to hopefully wipe it with a sherman on retreat as usually one-two units are sent to deal with this)or you can place it by your fuel down south preventing your opponent from harassing it(as well as bringing what was said before down to deal with it later allowing you to hopefully take out said unsupported armor/inf).
  • Another area of interest I noticed was your decisions on where to place armor. Now while the decision to use the jacksons semi-aggressively paid off for the most part the positioning of the motor carriage and sherman were unfortunate mistakes. As stated above it is best to use the Sherman to wipe inf on the flanks or support a push center and have the M8A1 motor carraige barrage from behind a building in the center to focus on soft targets such as mgs or paks positioned on the center of the map.
  • One more thing I discovered was your utilization of grenades. I found you would use said grenades to get smoke barrages to cover your inf retreats/pushes but I rarely saw you throwing grenades against lone axis inf to easily wipe them out, since you had plenty munis early game that would've helped stop him from growing his armada of panzergrens/other inf to slowly overtake you.
  • One other upgrade I discovered not utilized to it's maximum potential was the B.A.R. upgrade you made mid-game, only one-two squads really utilized the B.A.R. upgrade the whole game. Since you had 180-200+ munis mid-game it would've been best to equip all your rifles with the B.A.R. eventually or all at once.
  • Considering the amount of inf he had it would have been best to get more vet riflez out via the elite riflemen training ability so you have about 5-7 altogether to best counter the axis inf. Attempting to group them and charge in is a good idea to help maximize your dps potential. You can also flank from all sides with a good number of them and chuck grenades while he's busy microing engagements from all sides(he can't be a miro wizard unless he's top 10!).
  • One last thing I noticed was the fact that you let some riflemen squads stay put after pushing to get wiped by the tiger or other axis inf, whenever you make a push concentrate on what you're pushing with or if you think you wont be able to keep track of everything then it would best to have a scout in a building or behind green cover at all times first to prevent them from getting wiped quickly.

Hope this helps, gl in automatch. Wreck those scrubs \ :foreveralone: /

+1 for advice
+2 for best signatures gif's ever
11 Jul 2015, 14:29 PM

Thanks, that was kind of you
11 Jul 2015, 15:36 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Neat advice, von Ivan:)

Moved to Replay Reviews
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams