Login

russian armor

USF superglue on tanks

PAGES (7)down
8 Jul 2015, 07:04 AM
Patrion 14

I failed to see Blitz / Smoke cannot neglect the punishment of mines.
And Allies have those too.

USF armor being shitty is NOT the excuse of why superglue should exist, I rather they make their armor not that shitty.

You are focusing on semantics. Superglue let's players negate mines that aren't guarded (it is bugged, but that's a separate issue). Blitz and smoke let overextended tanks retreat far faster than they can be chased.

Different abilities, both get out of jail cards. As long as USF has flimsy stock armor and heavy mp bleed, they need repair crit to keep them in the game.
8 Jul 2015, 07:59 AM

I think of it as faction flavor. USF has a repair squad (RE) with 0 combat potential, so vehicle crews give them a way to not use RE except as sweepers. USF also has nothing but 640 HP mediums and bleeds manpower heavily lategame with rifles, so they cannot afford the popcap or reinforcement cost to have extra repair units.

Alright buddy there's something very wrong here usf should get some kind of penalty for vehicle crews....firs of all rear echelon doesn't have zero potential,and other factions engineers are not good either...so this point is invalid ( also they have best combat engineers assault engineers).
Second point...wth are you talking about all factions infantry bleed manpower late game....and its not like usf just have rifles u can use combined arms...this was a pathetic reasoning.
3rd point pop cap...first of all usf units have low pop cap even compared to soviets....and lets not forget the cheat man player use to go over upto 135 pop cap.
4th point only medium tanks...so need to have the best medium tanks core in game.....well i agree with you (because bazooka sucks and as well usf at gun) although after this patch with heavy tank nerf ( hard one ) usf have an overpowered medium tank core largely due to free vehicle crew and yet there rumor of pershing and jumbo sherman making appearance...not to mention how good jackson TD is and combine that with doctrinal abilities.
8 Jul 2015, 08:17 AM
Patrion 14

Alright buddy there's something very wrong here usf should get some kind of penalty for vehicle crews....firs of all rear echelon doesn't have zero potential,and other factions engineers are not good either...so this point is invalid ( also they have best combat engineers assault engineers).
Second point...wth are you talking about all factions infantry bleed manpower late game....and its not like usf just have rifles u can use combined arms...this was a pathetic reasoning.
3rd point pop cap...first of all usf units have low pop cap even compared to soviets....and lets not forget the cheat man player use to go over upto 135 pop cap.
4th point only medium tanks...so need to have the best medium tanks core in game.....well i agree with you (because bazooka sucks and as well usf at gun) although after this patch with heavy tank nerf ( hard one ) usf have an overpowered medium tank core largely due to free vehicle crew and yet there rumor of pershing and jumbo sherman making appearance...not to mention how good jackson TD is and combine that with doctrinal abilities.

I've told you my reasons for thinking that vehicle crews exist. You may disagree with me, but thats up to you.

1) Other engineers have flamethrowers, letting them vet up fast and obtain bonuses to their repair rate.
2) Rifles are in fact the most heavily bleeding unit in the game. 280 MP, and bars (mid/ close) are their AI upgrade. The combination of high cost with needing to get into close range leads to heavy bleed, especially when facing long range units (obers/ lmg grens/ g43 pfus/ falls). USF has the heaviest manpower bleed lategame, and just about everyone agrees on this point. I will go ahead and disregard the .50 here. Sure, its a great unit, but it is unusable vs. Ostheer because of randes.
3) USF has popcap tied up in its healing unit (ambu) and officers (2 minimum if you have armor). This leads to a fairly large portion of your popcap in non-combat units. Rifles are also high popcap compared to grenadiers, volks, and conscripts.
4) USF has an OP tank base? They have M4A3 and Jackson. M4A3 is only efficient vs. infantry, unless massed and flanking. The Jackson is a great AT unit, but against heavier units (has low DPS and high Pen). The only thing giving USF the ability to retain map presence late in the game is multiple mediums. 1 for the flanks, and the rest supporting your rifles at the main point of contention. USF has no breakthrough tank, so they are heavily reliant on massed infantry to pushe. Vehicle crews are important, because it lets USF armor operate independently of their infantry. If USF had to support all points in the battlefield with infantry (for repairs and capping), they would quickly run out of popcap.
8 Jul 2015, 08:54 AM

I've told you my reasons for thinking that vehicle crews exist. You may disagree with me, but thats up to you.

1) Other engineers have flamethrowers, letting them vet up fast and obtain bonuses to their repair rate.
2) Rifles are in fact the most heavily bleeding unit in the game. 280 MP, and bars (mid/ close) are their AI upgrade. The combination of high cost with needing to get into close range leads to heavy bleed, especially when facing long range units (obers/ lmg grens/ g43 pfus/ falls). USF has the heaviest manpower bleed lategame, and just about everyone agrees on this point. I will go ahead and disregard the .50 here. Sure, its a great unit, but it is unusable vs. Ostheer because of randes.
3) USF has popcap tied up in its healing unit (ambu) and officers (2 minimum if you have armor). This leads to a fairly large portion of your popcap in non-combat units. Rifles are also high popcap compared to grenadiers, volks, and conscripts.
4) USF has an OP tank base? They have M4A3 and Jackson. M4A3 is only efficient vs. infantry, unless massed and flanking. The Jackson is a great AT unit, but against heavier units (has low DPS and high Pen). The only thing giving USF the ability to retain map presence late in the game is multiple mediums. 1 for the flanks, and the rest supporting your rifles at the main point of contention. USF has no breakthrough tank, so they are heavily reliant on massed infantry to pushe. Vehicle crews are important, because it lets USF armor operate independently of their infantry. If USF had to support all points in the battlefield with infantry (for repairs and capping), they would quickly run out of popcap.

well all of things you pointed still doesn't correct the issues i stated instead you kept diverting A this unit is weak OR B this doesn't works in this strategy. i have no problem towards vehicle crew as long as usf doesn't get any heavies...then it will invalidate your whole fourth point....and stop linking medium armor to other usf units that are extrinsic to it to prove your point...its only shows ur bias.
8 Jul 2015, 09:04 AM

I already made a superglue whine thread long ago, hopefully it gets fixed.
I think I even introduced the term "superglue" :foreveralone:

My only problem is that it's so cheap and so quick, countering doctrinal abilities like Riegel Mines.
Cost and repair time needs to be increased. Risky dives into enemy territory without sweeper support should be punished, that's coh2 basics. Super glue just gives a shit about that.

When comparing it with OKW self repair or soviet self repair it's cheaper, quicker, better, safer, non doctrinal and works on your team mates, in short is superior in every way.
I don't understand why people find this ok.
8 Jul 2015, 09:11 AM
Patrion 14

well all of things you pointed still doesn't correct the issues i stated instead you kept diverting A this unit is weak OR B this doesn't works in this strategy. i have no problem towards vehicle crew as long as usf doesn't get any heavies...then it will invalidate your whole fourth point....and stop linking medium armor to other usf units that are extrinsic to it to prove your point...its only shows ur bias.

What do you mean it doesn't correct the issues you stated? I responded to each one in turn. specifics?

The reason I linked other units is because it helps show the faction as a whole. You cannot look at a faction and judge it purely on certain facts you want to look at, you have to look at everything. The entire reason I talked about USF popcap issues and manpower bleed (as well as the reason for that bleed) is to show that USF cannot spare the space lategame for dedicated repair units like the Soviets and Ostheer can, and how reliant USF is on vehicle-infantry cooperation for lategame success. You have to look at the whole picture, and if you can't understand that, I don't know how else to inform you.

Exactly what will adding a panther clone (because thats what the Pershing will be) to one doctrine change with the rest of USF's doctrines? Just because the option is there for a single heavy medium, the faction as a whole needs a nerf? What if I want to not use a heavy, should I just quit? That is false logic.

Also, please try to lay off the personal attacks. They mean nothing to me, and you are just making yourself look like an ass. If you think I am such a fanboy, please get some proof.
8 Jul 2015, 09:16 AM

The Luchs is better versus enemy infantry because it's anti armor performance is fairly bleh. The Stuart now (Iv seen it done plenty) can kite like it's never been able to before and now that it can actually take an extra it it can make more use of it's anti-armor abilities.

Well... Few times I saw Luchs finishing KV8, T34 or SU85 :D

___

Let's just remove superglue and give USF something else.
8 Jul 2015, 11:35 AM

maybe superglue should only decrease the severity of the critical.

Say you get a destroyed engine, using superglue should only repair it into a damaged engine.

Likewise, if you get a tread broken, using superglue would only repair it to a destroyed engine.

Or just increase superglue cost to 60 mu.
8 Jul 2015, 12:28 PM

Well... Few times I saw Luchs finishing KV8, T34 or SU85 :D

___

Let's just remove superglue and give USF something else.

USF could just have emergency crew repairs so the crew takes a few seconds doing internal repairs but if the tank gets hit it gets decrewed. That way it's less buggy and easier to balance than decrewing.
8 Jul 2015, 12:32 PM

USF could just have emergency crew repairs so the crew takes a few seconds doing internal repairs but if the tank gets hit it gets decrewed. That way it's less buggy and easier to balance than decrewing.

That makes as much sense as saying OKW units after vet3 should have a chance to get brain meltdwon and instantly die on their way to vet5 if hit because they couldn't contain all their 1337ness.
8 Jul 2015, 12:36 PM

That makes as much sense as saying OKW units after vet3 should have a chance to get brain meltdwon and instantly die on their way to vet5 if hit because they couldn't contain all their 1337ness.

It would be functionally the same as decrewing and using the superglue (you get a chance of being decrewed if the enemy shoots your crew), it could just cost 30-40 muni and take 4-5 seconds. The upside of it would be it would be a lot less buggy and easier to balance because it's a lot less steps to go through.
8 Jul 2015, 12:44 PM

For the one time I must agree that, vet 1 ability for XX ammo, without getting out crew, with Xsec timer, to repairs crits would be better. But without decrewing. If something hits tank during this, it just stops and crit is still on.
8 Jul 2015, 13:05 PM

Whats relevant is, USF can't use repair in combat, because they'll lose the crew and the tank in a split second due to focus fire, if you don't have any AT in the proximity to engage engine damaged armor, well, better luck next time. :foreveralone:

USFs perk is highest armor mobility and the lack of heavy armor.

Well, USF armor isn't that more mobile than pz-4's, t34's or panther's. Its just they can use only medium so it looks fast in comparison to Axis heavy armor and ISU.

But what would happen when* they get a Pershing?

Irrelevant, but that feature of that crewman can get out and repair is such a good feature it's bad that they didn't implemented it in every faction.
8 Jul 2015, 13:10 PM

Well, USF armor isn't that more mobile than pz-4's, t34's or panther's. Its just they can use only medium so it looks fast in comparison to Axis heavy armor and ISU.

But what would happen when* they get a Pershing?

Irrelevant, but that feature of that crewman can get out and repair is such a good feature it's bad that they didn't implemented it in every faction.

I'm not talking about speed.
The on field repairs are also part of that mobility by making armor less dependent on engineer infantry following it for repairs or saving it from mines.

And I refuse to believe in pershing until I see DLC in the shop.
8 Jul 2015, 13:26 PM

I'm not talking about speed.
The on field repairs are also part of that mobility by making armor less dependent on engineer infantry following it for repairs or saving it from mines.

And I refuse to believe in pershing until I see DLC in the shop.

But, in battle if ur tank gets damaged (USF) ur still going back, probably back to base (1v1,2v2=smaller maps) to repair it. Otherwise you can lose the tank easily, i see the logic in that feature, but that doesn't make them more mobile than lets say OKW with safer way of repairing.

If i can decide on these choices, i would give feature (crew exit) to every tank in every faction, crit repair which USF has give to axis(ostheer?) because it makes more sense, but give USF ability like old blitz and smoke. We still keep diversity between factions and we add another layer on armor combat in game.
8 Jul 2015, 14:16 PM

I am noob, I have no skills in RTS and because those reasons I never post to give my ideas because there are tons of users here with better knolegde of the game, thus, if I got a smart idea, it is pretty sure it has been already posted by others users...but,

If "superglue" is such a OP hability, maybe whe can change this a bit with the following:

Give USF free repairs once their t4 building is unlocked (same as OKW with the puma building), instead of giving the 3-man officer you get when unlocking T4. Mantain that officer available for purchase, so if USF user wants a forward retreat point, he can buy it.

Then, remove "superglue" hability....

In addition this "fix" could help to USF players with the heavy-micro-managements needed in late game...I see this as a double win for anyone.

This way if USF player overstend he will be punished, and at same time could aleviate the extra micro needed with this USF faction (that I think is not fair at all, but that is other subject.....)

8 Jul 2015, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2015, 14:16 PMFul4n0
I am noob, I have no skills in RTS and because those reasons I never post to give my ideas because there are tons of users here with better knolegde of the game, thus, if I got a smart idea, it is pretty sure it has been already posted by others users...but,

If "superglue" is such a OP hability, maybe whe can change this a bit with the following:

Give USF free repairs once their t4 building is unlocked (same as OKW with the puma building), instead of giving the 3-man officer you get when unlocking T4. Mantain that officer available for purchase, so if USF user wants a forward retreat point, he can buy it.

Then, remove "superglue" hability....

Anyway, with the 75% health crits repaired thing that we got with the last patch, you already think that this "superglue" hability remains OP????

Well, a noob suggestion from a noob player. I hope this helps, or someone can point me why is not a good idea or why this solution could be a bad one...

Major in tier 1 ? NO

We dont want to see usa blobs that dont give you time to breath due 5 minute retreat + healing point.

Also i think USA hq repair are bit useless because usa can repair its tanks on its own (tanks crew)

And when you get to usa base you dont need superglue , you just there repair your tank normally with tank crew , superglue is mainly used when you hit mine in a midle of nowhere

I thin superglue should cost 30 muni and dont be bugget so it is hight risk hight reward ability

Also it is no risk ability in sherman or m 20 or scott due smoke + superglue (you can cover you crew by smoe while repairing)
8 Jul 2015, 15:43 PM

Major in tier 1 ? NO

We dont want to see usa blobs that dont give you time to breath due 5 minute retreat + healing point.

Also i think USA hq repair are bit useless because usa can repair its tanks on its own (tanks crew)

And when you get to usa base you dont need superglue , you just there repair your tank normally with tank crew , superglue is mainly used when you hit mine in a midle of nowhere

I thin superglue should cost 30 muni and dont be bugget so it is hight risk hight reward ability

Also it is no risk ability in sherman or m 20 or scott due smoke + superglue (you can cover you crew by smoe while repairing)

NO, I was talking about t4, not t1, so when unlocked t4, instead of a free major you get a free repairs like in the puma building for OKW.

Major remains available in t4 as a stock unit and only available after unlock t4 as any other unit in that tier, so you have to buy it if you want to field it because now when unlocking t4 you will get free repairs as OKW gets with puma building.

anyway, maybe is not a good idea....just wanted to share because i think a fix like this has not been mentioned.

Regards,

8 Jul 2015, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2015, 15:43 PMFul4n0

NO, I was talking about t4, not t1, so when unlocked t4, instead of a free major you get a free repairs like in the puma building for OKW.

Major remains available in t4 as a stock unit and only available after unlock t4 as any other unit in that tier, so you have to buy it if you want to field it because now when unlocking t4 you will get free repairs as OKW gets with puma building.

anyway, maybe is not a good idea....just wanted to share because i think a fix like this has not been mentioned.

Regards,

sorry about that major i read it bad :oops:

But still i think USA dont need repair building cause their tank can repir themselves
8 Jul 2015, 16:43 PM

This insta crit fix idea is stupid in the first place. Raise the cost if you want to keep it. Ive saved my vehicle countless times from situations that should have been a success for the enemy player.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS