Login

russian armor

Cruzz's The More You Know

PAGES (58)down
Pip
10 Mar 2021, 20:32 PM

I specifically meant balancing discussions since those in parts often resolve around "unit A is 5-10% stronger than unit B". And if this seems to be the general error margin of Serealia than we can't really judge unless the difference is really big.

I did some tests yesterday, currently working on it. What I can say is that the current formula is 100% not correect, but I need some more testing and modding before I can make a decent statement. Give me maybe 1-2 weeks until I can work it out (if I can at all).

Wait, are you saying the DPS calculations for various weapons on Seralia aren't accurate? That's rather unfortunate, I've been looking at it a lot recently to try and gauge some things.
10 Mar 2021, 22:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2021, 20:32 PMPip

Wait, are you saying the DPS calculations for various weapons on Seralia aren't accurate? That's rather unfortunate, I've been looking at it a lot recently to try and gauge some things.

At the moment I can say for sure that the formula is wrong.

However it will still be a decent indication for the time being. But if you want to compare units that are only a couple % apart, then bear in mind that you can't draw any conclusions.
10 Mar 2021, 22:28 PM

At the moment I can say for sure that the formula is wrong.

However it will still be a decent indication for the time being. But if you want to compare units that are only a couple % apart, then bear in mind that you can't draw any conclusions.

grenadier K98
Weapon profile has at range 0 at 5.76 DPS Cereal has it at 5.988
at range 30 2.6 vs 2.6

so they seem pretty close.

But all these is theoretical. One could test in game timing the TTK of modified model of lets say 1600 HP.
10 Mar 2021, 22:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2021, 22:28 PMVipper

grenadier K98
Weapon profile has at range 0 at 5.76 DPS Cereal has it at 5.988
at range 30 2.6 vs 2.6

so they seem pretty close.

But all these is theoretical. One could test in game timing the TTK of modified model of lets say 1600 HP.

True DPS is more between 5-5,3ish though, meaning both 'official' values overestimate it by 10-15%.
10 Mar 2021, 23:01 PM

True DPS is more between 5-5,3ish though, meaning both 'official' values overestimate it by 10-15%.

When you say "true" you mean from in game testing?
11 Mar 2021, 09:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2021, 23:01 PMVipper

When you say "true" you mean from in game testing?

From a model that I made after in game testing and modding rifle stats.
I also made a test with the live Gren K98 and it seems to work well. To be fair though I so far focused on getting the timings right, I have not checked for the actual damage and assumed those are correct so far. That formula is in line though with what we see from all other weapons in the game.
11 Mar 2021, 13:27 PM

From a model that I made after in game testing and modding rifle stats.
I also made a test with the live Gren K98 and it seems to work well. To be fair though I so far focused on getting the timings right, I have not checked for the actual damage and assumed those are correct so far. That formula is in line though with what we see from all other weapons in the game.

Can anyone tell me how to extract info from the game it self. Then even I could just make an app that gives you more accurate dps graphs.
11 Mar 2021, 13:31 PM

Can anyone tell me how to extract info from the game it self. Then even I could just make an app that gives you more accurate dps graphs.

Download mod tools through steam, you can preview all stats in attribute editor there.
11 Mar 2021, 13:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Do you mean replay files?

To be honest, no idea about that. But I also doubt that it is possible. As far as I know (I don't have much knowledge about replay files though), no unit positions are saved. So even if you'd get some info on HP decline, there is no way to get the range.
11 Mar 2021, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 13:31 PMKatitof

Download mod tools through steam, you can preview all stats in attribute editor there.
That's what I use now.
11 Mar 2021, 13:34 PM
11 Mar 2021, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 13:34 PMVipper

https://www.coh2.org/guides/11637/extracting-statistics-guide

I tried that sadly you can't get one of those files anymore. Or at least that what it tells me.
11 Mar 2021, 14:02 PM

Do you mean replay files?

To be honest, no idea about that. But I also doubt that it is possible. As far as I know (I don't have much knowledge about replay files though), no unit positions are saved. So even if you'd get some info on HP decline, there is no way to get the range.

I didn't mean replay files. But I guess that would be very accurate. I doubt relic would let the extraction of their proprietary play back format even though it's probably a unit positions along with at what frame or however in game time is calculated is attached to it.
11 Mar 2021, 14:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I didn't mean replay files. But I guess that would be very accurate. I doubt relic would let the extraction of their proprietary play back format even though it's probably a unit positions along with at what frame or however in game time is calculated is attached to it.

Some people extract info like victory points and wins etc from those files. As far as I know it is mostly a file containing orders, and the game then simulates what is happening if you watch a replay.

That's what I use now.

As weird as it sounds, the stats themselves are somewhat inaccurate. As I said, give me a week or two to work out the model properly, I'll then publish it for criticism.
11 Mar 2021, 14:14 PM

Some people extract info like victory points and wins etc from those files. As far as I know it is mostly a file containing orders, and the game then simulates what is happening if you watch a replay.
That wouldn't work with on map arty or even basic engagements where hits can become rng and not kill/kill unit that it isn't supposed to.

As weird as it sounds, the stats themselves are somewhat inaccurate. As I said, give me a week or two to work out the model properly, I'll then publish it for criticism.

Hah thats funny.
11 Mar 2021, 14:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That wouldn't work with on map arty or even basic engagements where hits can become rng and not kill/kill unit that it isn't supposed to.

They save the game seed so that every RNG roll has the same outcome. That's something that is easily doable.

But maybe someone else can elaborate on what exactly is in this file.
22 Apr 2021, 23:22 PM

I'm not sure how this chart can be proven that bulletins work for other units that they say they don't without the devs confirming. The only bulletins I know that I am 100% certain work for other units are panzerfaust bulletins which work for Osttruppen, because you can actually see the reduced cost of the panzerfaust for them. Also IMO that bulletin isn't even very good because the cost is only reduced by 1 munition
23 Apr 2021, 04:22 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2021, 23:22 PMLewka
I'm not sure how this chart can be proven that bulletins work for other units that they say they don't without the devs confirming. The only bulletins I know that I am 100% certain work for other units are panzerfaust bulletins which work for Osttruppen, because you can actually see the reduced cost of the panzerfaust for them. Also IMO that bulletin isn't even very good because the cost is only reduced by 1 munition

You better quote who you were talking to and you might as well check the date they commented as well.

We know which bulletins works for each unit cause when you go to the modding tools or extract the data you can see what type of unit they are. Unfortunately i think the only site which had bulletins information died.
23 Apr 2021, 08:58 AM

You better quote who you were talking to and you might as well check the date they commented as well.

We know which bulletins works for each unit cause when you go to the modding tools or extract the data you can see what type of unit they are. Unfortunately i think the only site which had bulletins information died.

Oh well I was speaking with Vertigo who is a much higher ranking player than me and he said it can't be proven when I showed him this. We discussed this sometime last year on Steam. But if you, a moderator, are confirming they are correct then I would go with what you're saying as the truth. My apologies for doubting it, but I appreciate being informed nonetheless. Usually the responses I get are 'they don't do anything' or in this case 'it can't be proven' but I know they have some impact on the game just not a big impact. I remember when you could stack 3 of the same bulletin. Good times lol, I can see why they removed that though.
21 May 2021, 18:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2021, 08:58 AMLewka

Oh well I was speaking with Vertigo who is a much higher ranking player than me and he said it can't be proven when I showed him this. We discussed this sometime last year on Steam. But if you, a moderator, are confirming they are correct then I would go with what you're saying as the truth. My apologies for doubting it, but I appreciate being informed nonetheless. Usually the responses I get are 'they don't do anything' or in this case 'it can't be proven' but I know they have some impact on the game just not a big impact. I remember when you could stack 3 of the same bulletin. Good times lol, I can see why they removed that though.

Give me my 3 stacks of Backbone of the Army! :*(
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak