Login

russian armor

Cruzz's The More You Know

PAGES (58)down
10 Mar 2016, 19:21 PM

Well that explains why a LEIG was pulling some The Matrix Neo shit against my Commandos last night...

Though if we're being honest if you get a MG34 to Vet4 you kind of deserve that rAcc :P
10 Mar 2016, 19:23 PM

"One of them is LEIG. Which is getting 0.77^5 = 0.27 received accuracy at vet2"

I thought 7 shots plus MG to take a single model off a Leig was a bit much...
10 Mar 2016, 19:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Time to spam leigs and mg34s this patch.
aaa
10 Mar 2016, 19:39 PM

Who wins this patch maxim in a building or mg42 in equal building?
10 Mar 2016, 19:58 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 19:02 PMCruzz

One of them is LEIG. Which is getting 0.77^5 = 0.27 received accuracy at vet2

The other one is HMG34, which is getting 0.8^5 = 0.33 received accuracy at vet4. And 6 vision (addition) * 5 for good measure at vet5.

They have some pretty impressive survivability thanks to this ;)

I'm really not sure if this is super funny, or quite depressing, at this point. :snfPeter:

Nice find though.
11 Mar 2016, 01:28 AM

11 Mar 2016, 10:08 AM
12 Mar 2016, 02:24 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The conscript PTRS has 0 drop rate, and thus make them impossible to drop, unlike Guard counterpart.
12 Mar 2016, 05:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The conscript PTRS has 0 drop rate, and thus make them impossible to drop, unlike Guard counterpart.

True. They did this because cons use a weaker version of the PTRS, and having multiple kinds of the same weapon on the ground for pick up is just a clusterfuck of confusion.
13 Mar 2016, 10:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2016, 05:23 AMTobis

True. They did this because cons use a weaker version of the PTRS, and having multiple kinds of the same weapon on the ground for pick up is just a clusterfuck of confusion.

Also note, that whenever most elite unit (e.g., Paratroopers, Commandos; Obers are the exception here) drop their "elite" version of their guns, the dropped guns revert to the vanilla version. Thus, most likely a dropped Conscript PTRS rifle would likely revert to a guards PTRS. This is probably something that the designers wanted to avoid.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Irregulars used to have a "crappy" version of LMG42. However, when the LMG42 was dropped it reverted to the prOstheer version.
13 Mar 2016, 10:11 AM

(Considering the recent Vet1 ninja-buff to REs)

How does the DPS of an REs squad compare to that of Tommies when:
- Both are behind cover
- Both are outside cover

Assume the following:
- Both squads are 5-man
- Both squads are Vet3
- Tommies carry 2 Brens
- REs carry 1 Vickers_K and 1 Sapper-Bren
13 Mar 2016, 10:19 AM

How does the DPS of an REs squad compare to that of Tommies when:
- Both are behind cover
- Both are outside cover

Assume the following:
- Both squads are 5-man
- Both squads are Vet3
- Tommies carry 2 Brens
- REs carry 1 Vickers_K and 1 Sapper-Bren

REs will always have lower DPS on long range and higher on short.

3 tommies deal much more dps then 1 vickers/bren and assuming vet3 tommy bonus actually works, that results in even greater difference when in cover.

Out of cover should net similar, but more equal results.
13 Mar 2016, 10:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 10:19 AMKatitof

REs will always have lower DPS on long range and higher on short.

3 tommies deal much more dps then 1 vickers/bren and assuming vet3 tommy bonus actually works, that results in even greater difference when in cover.

Out of cover should net similar, but more equal results.

What you are saying is mostly correct. However:
- Out-of-cover, Tommies receive a penalty to all carried weapons (including Brens)
- In-cover, Sappers receive a pretty significant bonus which now (ever since the Hotfix) also affects their carried weapons

I also expect Tommies to be doing better with respect to DPS. However, if they are not significantly better, Sappers will be the better choice for the late-game (far more durable, absolutely ridiculous reinforcement cost, better handgrip at Vet3).
13 Mar 2016, 11:06 AM
Donator 11

One thing i noted that the range buffs on all mortars expect 120 stopped working, idk if its a old bug or new :P
13 Mar 2016, 11:23 AM

What do they changed?

I hate ninja-buffs and ninja-nerfs, do they fear the reactions in forums regarding some unpopular changes? It is far worse when someone finds out that it was ninja-changed. Relic, can you please stop this!
13 Mar 2016, 11:50 AM

Sturmpio squad vs riflemen squad

I try to test it better through the cheatmod but I can't launch it. If someone can...

So after many games vs OKW I find something weird, Sturmpio squad never lose models before being more than half-life and this especially vs riflemen. I played a lot of game this week-end and of since vs OKW there is always at least 1 ST on the field, I have been witnessing this situation every game.

I came to the point where I particularly watch any of my fight ST vs RM and I can't remember a fight since the last patch when Sturmpio lose 1 model or more before their life bar is 1/2 dead.
I say it is something weird because I can only remember one time when I manage to kill a ST model before 1/2 life and the figt was ST vs RE so the problem seems localized between ST and RM.

Someone can test it?
13 Mar 2016, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 11:50 AMEsxile

I try to test it better through the cheatmod but I can't launch it. If someone can...

So after many games vs OKW I find something weird, Sturmpio squad never lose models before being more than half-life and this especially vs riflemen. I played a lot of game this week-end and of since vs OKW there is always at least 1 ST on the field, I have been witnessing this situation every game.

I came to the point where I particularly watch any of my fight ST vs RM and I can't remember a fight since the last patch when Sturmpio lose 1 model or more before their life bar is 1/2 dead.
I say it is something weird because I can only remember one time when I manage to kill a ST model before 1/2 life and the figt was ST vs RE so the problem seems localized between ST and RM.

Someone can test it?

maybe it happens when you play your 4th game with OKW
13 Mar 2016, 21:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 11:50 AMEsxile

Someone can test it?

Riflemen or Tommies?

I lost 1 squad to 2 Tommies in bloody open cover that were 2 metres from eachother... The Sturmpios should've raped, but they got annihilated...
13 Mar 2016, 22:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 11:06 AMSirlami
One thing i noted that the range buffs on all mortars expect 120 stopped working, idk if its a old bug or new :P

I noticed this.

I had two soviet mortars which were both vet 2, but one of them had a bigger range than the other
13 Mar 2016, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 14:02 PMVuther

Tested, going around drive-bying in an AAHT showed that the crew gets the same amount of XP - LT squads will hit vet 3 after killing 29 Grenadiers, whether they do it on foot or in a vehicle.

Bummer
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
Peru 10
unknown 8
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W