Login

russian armor

Cruzz's The More You Know

PAGES (58)down
28 Feb 2016, 00:13 AM

I'm actually being kind of serious. The broken vet is probably making the game more balanced. This would be the best time to play ESL :P
28 Feb 2016, 01:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I actually being kind of serious. The broken vet is probably made the game more balanced. This would be the best time to play ESL :P

Well, there's still a bit of stuff around, so Volks, Rifles, Shocks, Paths, Paras, Commandos, PFs are probably still the winners. And maybe SPs since now they don't have to get to vet 5 to hope to compete against vetted enemies, but I don't really know.

Oh, and 222s definitely win with their health buff and their coaxial MG not becoming shit against vetted infantry :D
28 Feb 2016, 19:21 PM

I have the feeling gren/LMG are much more stronger than before, like they are raping rifles better than ever. Am I dreaming?
29 Feb 2016, 23:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 17:33 PMCieZ

Bigger issue in my opinion is that going penals leaves no light counter to a luchs, 251 or 222. But that's a topic for another time.

Yes they do.
It's called a satchel charge.

You'll be amazed how many people just forget about the tank, and it gets blown to smitheries
29 Feb 2016, 23:54 PM

Yes they do.
It's called a satchel charge.

You'll be amazed how many people just forget about the tank, and it gets blown to smitheries

I don't mean to be rude but... that just won't work at the higher levels of play. It is already easy enough to avoid AT grenades and mines. No good player is going to let himself get satchel-ed.

At least Cons can thwart a light vehicle from chasing to base for wipes, and zone it out/force constant movement (thus reducing DPS) - these same light vehicles can just drive on top of Penals and shred them.
1 Mar 2016, 05:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 23:54 PMCieZ

I don't mean to be rude but... that just won't work at the higher levels of play. It is already easy enough to avoid AT grenades and mines. No good player is going to let himself get satchel-ed.

At least Cons can thwart a light vehicle from chasing to base for wipes, and zone it out/force constant movement (thus reducing DPS) - these same light vehicles can just drive on top of Penals and shred them.

Nah, thats not being rude.
True on the higher levels of play observation. Some units are meant to be obsolete IMO
7 Mar 2016, 14:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Q1: does smoke cover type applies ingame?
Q2: if so, does it overwrite other cover?

7 Mar 2016, 14:51 PM

Q2: if so, does it overwrite other cover?

For Q2, perhaps Q1 too, I asked Cruzz something similar a while back, in a different thread:

Is the bonus that units obtain when in cover, the sum/multiplication of the values defined in the cover table? Example to clarify the question:

Do units have their accuracy/suppression/damage multiplier modified multiplicatively by standing in deep snow, but behind green cover, whilst under a smoke? (tp_zz_deep_snow * tp_heavy * tp_smoke). Or is it merely one modifier, depending which one is applied by some kind criteria (e.g highest modifier only)?

And his reply was:

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 20:40 PMCruzz

Only the strongest cover is applied.

HTH
7 Mar 2016, 15:07 PM

how works bofors 3 biuletins 15 % better armor when u upgrade bofors with this new commander ? If i am not wrong this new commander gives bofors 45 armor so 45 + 15 % ?
7 Mar 2016, 15:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

For Q2, perhaps Q1 too, I asked Cruzz something similar a while back, in a different thread:

And his reply was:

HTH

I ask, cause a unit behind heavy cover won't get pinned by a PW barrage but a unit inside smoke would do so. I first thought about it with the Flak HT in mind, but then i remembered that now is mostly accuracy based.
9 Mar 2016, 11:46 AM

Q1: In Coh1, if I remember correctly, all infantry was able to suppress, for example, 3 squads of rifles all shooting at the same time at a squad. Is this still the case in Coh2? (Doesnt seems so)

Q2: Is there some kind of formula (or at least some rule of thumb) on infantry who are suppressed/pinned not being able to recover from suppression if being shot at by Not-suppressing units (regular squads). It seems to me that a suppressed squad takes ages to recover if being shot at by eg even volks or RE (more than in Coh1).

Q3: Is the cover applied to the whole squad or single entities? For example, when a squad takes cover behind a wall but mothergardning Wilhelm is refusing to get behind it, the squads cover symbol might show no cover/ negative cover. Is this then applied to Wilhelm alone or the whole squad?
9 Mar 2016, 11:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2016, 11:46 AMAnarcy
Q1: In Coh1, if I remember correctly, all infantry was able to suppress, for example, 3 squads of rifles all shooting at the same time at a squad. Is this still the case in Coh2? (Doesnt seems so)

Q2: Is there some kind of formula (or at least some rule of thumb) on infantry who are suppressed/pinned not being able to recover from suppression if being shot at by Not-suppressing units (regular squads). It seems to me that a suppressed squad takes ages to recover if being shot at by eg even volks or RE (more than in Coh1).

Q3: Is the cover applied to the whole squad or single entities? For example, when a squad takes cover behind a wall but mothergardning Wilhelm is refusing to get behind it, the squads cover symbol might show no cover/ negative cover. Is this then applied to Wilhelm alone or the whole squad?

"Hey guys there's a penny over here"
"Wilhelm get back in n cover you idiot"
Every rifle squad ever
9 Mar 2016, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2016, 11:46 AMAnarcy

Nope.
BAR rifles had ability to suppress.
G43 pgrens too at the beginning, but it was changed to a snare.

All units have a small suppression value, it won't suppress anything by itself, but if smg/ar troops shoot at you, you won't recover from pin and take much longer to recover from suppression.

Entities.
If single entity is out of cover, then you'll get suppressed.
9 Mar 2016, 18:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

All units have a small suppression value, it won't suppress anything by itself, but if smg/ar troops shoot at you, you won't recover from pin and take much longer to recover from suppression.

Wrong. You force the unit to be in combat situation, which reduces greatly the suppression recovery. The few weapons that still have some sort of passive suppression (without vet, ability or bulletins) are the BAR and the IR STG (i'm not sure if there are some hidden).

Still this suppression is minimum
http://stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=waffen_mp44_infrared
http://stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=hmg_team_mg34_mp

9 Mar 2016, 18:37 PM

Entities.
If single entity is out of cover, then you'll get suppressed.

Thanks for the reply.
But what about damage? Does everyone get extra damage, or just the one bloke trying to ruin my day?
9 Mar 2016, 18:52 PM
Patrion 28

"Hey guys there's a penny over here"
"Wilhelm get back in n cover you idiot"
Every rifle squad ever

not with Wilhelm
10 Mar 2016, 00:21 AM

Assuming that relic didn't mess up any of the veterancy bonuses, this patch is fairly clean. Fairly.

Balance changes in the March 10 patch:

Royal Engineer vet1 cover bonus moved to squad file, and now no longer has a weapon limitation (previously only on default Sten) so they'll fire quite a bit faster with any weapon in the squad while in cover.

Ostruppen accuracy malus moved to squad. So if you reman a team weapon with ostruppen the extras not manning the team weapon will have 50% higher accuracy than before.

Land Mattress weapon priority set to -100, so it won't be hit by stuff before the crew is dead. Not sure I agree as its now inconsistent with other artillery pieces, but shrug.

No.

10 Mar 2016, 00:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 00:21 AMCruzz
Assuming that relic didn't mess up any of the veterancy bonuses, this patch is fairly clean. Fairly.

Balance changes in the March 10 patch:

Royal Engineer vet1 cover bonus moved to squad file, and now no longer has a weapon limitation (previously only on default Sten) so they'll fire quite a bit faster with any weapon in the squad while in cover.

Ostruppen accuracy malus moved to squad. So if you reman a team weapon with ostruppen the extras not manning the team weapon will have 50% higher accuracy than before.

Land Mattress weapon priority set to -100, so it won't be hit by stuff before the crew is dead. Not sure I agree as its now inconsistent with other artillery pieces, but shrug.

No.

You mean now that if I reman a mg with ostruppen the mg get 50% + recived accuracy or they in cover get + 50 accuracy?
10 Mar 2016, 00:53 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

You mean now that if I reman a mg with ostruppen the mg get 50% + recived accuracy or they in cover get + 50 accuracy?

Pretty sure the cover bonus is a squad-level bonus as well, so if I'm right about that, it wouldn't.
10 Mar 2016, 00:57 AM

If you put a USF officer in a vehicle and use it around Riflemen in combat, does it attain veterancy faster?

I can see creative usage of LT in M20 with a double zook M20 Crew if this is true.

(Major in a Jackson, too.)
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight