Login

russian armor

Cruzz's The More You Know

PAGES (58)down
6 Jul 2015, 19:28 PM

Permanently Banned
How exactly is bulletin stacking calculated? Does it only multiply the base value by the bulletin seperately and then add them up?
6 Jul 2015, 19:41 PM

How exactly is bulletin stacking calculated? Does it only multiply the base value by the bulletin seperately and then add them up?

To be honest the numbers here are too small for it to matter, but it's almost certainly straight multiplication anyway. If it wasn't 3x okw shrek bulletins should be 76 (90-90*0.95*3) muni, but they're 77 (90*0.95^3) instead.
6 Jul 2015, 19:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 19:07 PMCruzz

def(ault)cover is open ground. I do not know if tp_open is in use anywhere.

To be honest you really should have realized that no way your units die as fast on open ground than in negative cover, even if the naming is really confusing :facepalm:

Thx. I'll be less afraid of engagement on the "open" i guess.

Q: Attack ground vs automatic fire or attack order in mortars. Any real difference ?
6 Jul 2015, 20:09 PM

+1 cruzz. :snfMarcus:
Maybe we can add this list to the newbie guide

Came here to say this, and these are not newbie tricks. Thanks dude.
6 Jul 2015, 20:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 11:29 AMCruzz
Some Ostheer bulletins affect multiple different units:

Grenadiers & Assault Grenadiers (squad type: grenadiers)
Grenadier Accuracy
Grenadier cooldown
Grenadier reload & cooldown
So it is possible to get a 10% boost for regular Grens with the 3% increased Assault Gren bulletin? Or does this only apply for regular Gren bulletins affecting Assault Grens?

If I remember correctly, there was a thread about this already. People there said 10% accuracy increase was not possible on regular Grens.
6 Jul 2015, 20:46 PM

How do you disarm mines without sweeping?
6 Jul 2015, 20:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

MY KNOWLEDGE GROWS, AS DOES MY POWER

How do you disarm mines without sweeping?

Other engineer units. He's saying something like how you can get a minesweeper to see the mines and then have another engineer unit disarm it while the minesweeper goes about on their merry way to detect ever more mines.
6 Jul 2015, 21:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 20:09 PMRMMLz

Came here to say this, and these are not newbie tricks. Thanks dude.

wat
6 Jul 2015, 21:27 PM

So it is possible to get a 10% boost for regular Grens with the 3% increased Assault Gren bulletin? Or does this only apply for regular Gren bulletins affecting Assault Grens?

No, assault gren bulletin will not affect grens, it only works one way.

Exploity mechanics

You can over double the fire rate of Rear Echelon rifle grenades from a fighting position by leaving the FP immediately after firing and then immediately re-entering again, skipping the 5 second reload.

Democharges triggered through damage rather than the button do more damage. A democharge+soviet mine is supposed to be 250+200 damage, but it does around 700 to a vehicle hitting this combo and thus oneshots most tanks. Works for usf demo charge too. Never did figure out why this happened, reported this as a bug to Relic over 6 months ago but hasn't been fixed so at this point I'll just consider it a "feature".
6 Jul 2015, 21:49 PM

Permanently Banned
I am curious, has anybody wondered if 3x 10% increased veterancy for pgrens would do good for ostruppen doctrine? Forgive me if I missed this but do all pgren bulletins affect ostruppen, or just some.

Also triple tiger ace bulletin probably gives the ace mobile spotting scopes lol.
6 Jul 2015, 21:54 PM

I am curious, has anybody wondered if 3x 10% increased veterancy for pgrens would do good for ostruppen doctrine? Forgive me if I missed this but do all pgren bulletins affect ostruppen, or just some.

Panzer Grenadiers & Ostruppen & Stormtroopers & Artillery Officer: (squad type: pz_grenadiers)
Panzer Grenadier Received Accuracy

So I guess only the 2% "Duck and cover" bulletin work for those units. Wich is nice boost to the Ostruppen doc since it affects the arty officer and ostruppen.

The Opel blits connecting territory without setting up is emazing....
6 Jul 2015, 21:55 PM

Permanently Banned

Panzer Grenadiers & Ostruppen & Stormtroopers & Artillery Officer: (squad type: pz_grenadiers)
Panzer Grenadier Received Accuracy

So I guess only the 2% "Duck and cover" bulletin work for those units. Wich is nice boost to the Ostruppen doc since it affects the arty officer and ostruppen.

The Opel blits connecting territory without setting up is emazing....
I was afraid of that, and here I thought I found a new way to make ostruppen doctrine slightly more viable.
6 Jul 2015, 21:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 21:27 PMCruzz

Democharges triggered through damage rather than the button do more damage. A democharge+soviet mine is supposed to be 250+200 damage, but it does around 700 to a vehicle hitting this combo and thus oneshots most tanks. Works for usf demo charge too. Never did figure out why this happened, reported this as a bug to Relic over 6 months ago but hasn't been fixed so at this point I'll just consider it a "feature".

lol, sprice, do your work and exploit the shit out of it :facepalm:
6 Jul 2015, 22:09 PM

Scientia potentia est.

Cruzz is probably the most knowledgeable individual of the CoH2 community. :snfPeter:

>mfw Western Roman Empire avatar. :thumbsup: :clap:
6 Jul 2015, 22:22 PM
Patrion 14

No, assault gren bulletin will not affect grens, it only works one way.

Exploity mechanics

You can over double the fire rate of Rear Echelon rifle grenades from a fighting position by leaving the FP immediately after firing and then immediately re-entering again, skipping the 5 second reload.

haha great!!!

mind if i add your post almost directly into one of the beginner's guide?
6 Jul 2015, 22:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

lol, sprice, do your work and exploit the shit out of it :facepalm:

Random squad walks around, and there you go your 120muni investment.

I was afraid of that, and here I thought I found a new way to make ostruppen doctrine slightly more viable.

Well, 2%^3 it's kinda appreciable.
6 Jul 2015, 22:35 PM

mind if i add your post almost directly into one of the beginner's guide?

Feel free.

No build speed or veterancy increase bulletins will work with other units because they are applied straight to a specific squad rather than based on the unit types that stat bulletins use.
7 Jul 2015, 00:26 AM

Working as intended. :snfPeter: :snfQuinn:
7 Jul 2015, 03:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 19:41 PMCruzz

To be honest the numbers here are too small for it to matter, but it's almost certainly straight multiplication anyway. If it wasn't 3x okw shrek bulletins should be 76 (90-90*0.95*3) muni, but they're 77 (90*0.95^3) instead.

I found a thread somewhere in which somebody from Relic confirmed that the bulletins were straight multiplication. The testing that I did seemed to confirm this (putting penetration bulletins on SU85's and having them shoot at an IS2.

I tested 3x reload bulletins on AT guns and found that they were only getting one shot per minute more (tested by just attacking ground) which doesn't seem worth it.

I do have a question about Conscripts. Does the +0.07 received accuracy apply to the models even after they are merged into another squad? Also, why did Relic choose that way to balance them versus Grenadiers instead of slightly nerfing their damage? It means that Cons scale much worse than Grens in larger game modes. They normally last 0.07 seconds outside of green cover in a team game. I'm sure some will respond to this question with a "keep them in green cover, noob" which would be a great answer if the Cons only had to sit inside the base behind sandbags instead of actually capping something.
7 Jul 2015, 03:16 AM

PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight