Login

russian armor

Cruzz's The More You Know

PAGES (58)down
6 Jul 2015, 16:10 PM

Thank you Cruzz.
6 Jul 2015, 16:20 PM
Patrion 27

One that I didn't know forever until I actually tried: Ostheer 251 halftrack can transport machine guns and snipers.
6 Jul 2015, 16:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

+1 cruzz. :snfMarcus:
Maybe we can add this list to the newbie guide

6 Jul 2015, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 15:20 PMCruzz

No, you're better off in green cover. -50% damage on flames is "nice", but the crit chance of the flame attack is still the same so the actual effect on lethality is way less, and meanwhile you are taking 6 times the damage from small arms than you would in green cover.

Speaking of flamers, there are people who believe they were not nerfed at all with this patch. :snfPeter:
6 Jul 2015, 16:35 PM

+1 cruzz. :snfMarcus:
Maybe we can add this list to the newbie guide

definitely should!
6 Jul 2015, 16:47 PM

Speaking of flamers, there are people who believe they were not nerfed at all with this patch. :snfPeter:

Like me?

They can't immediately win you a fight against full health models any more, but they do more consistent aoe damage now and their crit rate on models below 50% health is even higher than before. And now you don't risk blowing up all the time.

Other flame attacks are the ones that actually got nerfed. Mortar incendiary barrage, shock rifle incendiary barrage, molotovs, etc.

Guess I'll add one little thing about gameplay:

Vehicle Priorization will be disabled after using any ability that switches the weapon temporarily (SU-76 barrage, ZiS-3 barrage, Pak40/43 stun shot, Stug TWP, etc). You will need to switch it off and on again.

6 Jul 2015, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 11:29 AMCruzz

Green cover reduces damage from all attacks that aren't flamebased [...]

Hm. Maybe it's a bug or some other kind of glitched physics (like the grenades & elevation difference thing), but I have noticed several times that units in trench green cover (like on Rails & Metal and Hurtgen Forest) actually do not take any damage AT ALL from flamers...

Maybe these were instances of extreme RNG, but they always only happen in those deep trenches.
6 Jul 2015, 17:18 PM
Modmaker Badge

Great thread Cruzz, thanks for all of the useful info!

If I can have a request, could you explain how do the USF Light AT Mines work? As far as I understand, after vehicle hits one there's a short window of time where if it hits another one he can get engine damage. What's the mechanic behind it? How much does each mine raise the chance of criticals?
6 Jul 2015, 17:20 PM

:facepalm:
6 Jul 2015, 17:20 PM

Great Information...Thanks...

Are OKW Command panther speed and Vanilla Panther speed-acceleration bullet-ins affects each other? Also are these able to stack?
6 Jul 2015, 17:27 PM

Also will Osheeer Tiger Ace %10 Vision bullet-in affects vanilla Tiger?
6 Jul 2015, 17:45 PM

Based Cruzzi Kreygasm
But it always disturbs me. There's a nagging feeling that not everything is here.
6 Jul 2015, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 16:47 PMCruzz

Like me?

They can't immediately win you a fight against full health models any more, but they do more consistent aoe damage now and their crit rate on models below 50% health is even higher than before. And now you don't risk blowing up all the time.

Yea, but doesn't the new values actually mean that no effectiveness have changed when the squads are in proper formation, which would mean that for the aoe values to make any sense squad still needs to be pretty clumped up although not as much as it had to be before?
6 Jul 2015, 17:59 PM

Yea, but doesn't the new values actually mean that no effectiveness have changed when the squads are in proper formation, which would mean that for the aoe values to make any sense squad still needs to be pretty clumped up although not as much as it had to be before?

Did you ever try it? :foreveralone:

1) Flamers won't pop again
2) Higher AOE damage
3) Higher crit change below 50% HP

You are insane if you think it is nerfed.
6 Jul 2015, 18:00 PM

The area of effect of a flamethrower burst is 4, the same as an IS2 shot explosion. It never was an issue with flamers having a limited area of effect, just the damage was so ridiculously small it didn't even amount to a pixel on the health bar of units.

Also will Osheeer Tiger Ace %10 Vision bullet-in affects vanilla Tiger?

No. Nor will ostruppen or stormtrooper bulletins affect PGs, even though PG bulletins affect them.

Are OKW Command panther speed and Vanilla Panther speed-acceleration bullet-ins affects each other? Also are these able to stack?

The command panther probably will receive both bonuses. The regular panther can only receive the one for vanilla. Will add to the first post after I've actually checked it. EDIT: Checked, it does not work. Panther speed only applies to vanilla Panther and Command Panther only to Command Panther.

Hm. Maybe it's a bug or some other kind of glitched physics (like the grenades & elevation difference thing), but I have noticed several times that units in trench green cover (like on Rails & Metal and Hurtgen Forest) actually do not take any damage AT ALL from flamers...

Also checked this, this is an issue with how far down flameweapons can aim rather than anything to do with the cover type. It's pretty funny though, surprised I haven't really run into it myself.

Added a few more items to the bulletin list as I had apparently forgotten to save my updated version of them back when I checked through the bulletin files.

Grenadiers & Assault Grenadiers (squad type: grenadiers)
Grenadier Accuracy
Grenadier cooldown
Grenadier reload & cooldown

Stug G and Stug E (squad type: stug_iii or unit type stug)
Stug E rate of fire
Stug G penetration
6 Jul 2015, 18:17 PM
Patrion 14

Crooz strikes again
6 Jul 2015, 18:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Didn't know the variations on Aimed shot and the thingy with sweepers.

I think you should add that, unless i'm wrong, that open cover is as bad as red cover against anything that doesn't apply suppression.
6 Jul 2015, 18:26 PM

Thank you Cruzz!
6 Jul 2015, 18:50 PM

Cruzz do the bulletins for the PZIV for OKW stack with the Wher PZIV? I've got 3 x 5% additional armor bulletins (or is it penetration?) and I'm curious if I could stack those for extra pain.
6 Jul 2015, 19:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 18:50 PMNapalm
Cruzz do the bulletins for the PZIV for OKW stack with the Wher PZIV? I've got 3 x 5% additional armor bulletins (or is it penetration?) and I'm curious if I could stack those for extra pain.

How were you planning on using OKW bulletins as Ostheer (or vice versa)? There are crossfaction bulletin effects but these only apply for abandoned vehicles and team weapons because of this little issue :foreveralone:

I think you should add that, unless i'm wrong, that open cover is as bad as red cover against anything that doesn't apply suppression.

def(ault)cover is open ground. I do not know if tp_open is in use anywhere.

To be honest you really should have realized that no way your units die as fast on open ground than in negative cover, even if the naming is really confusing :facepalm:
PAGES (58)down
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS