Login

russian armor

Balance Data Since The Patch

PAGES (16)down
4 Jul 2015, 22:05 PM

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2013/01/6563/

"Today’s update is a big one. After gathering feedback from pro players around the world, we’ve made significant changes to weapon balance with global changes to recoil that affect all weapons, as well as specific adjustments to rifles, pistols, and the P90. We’ve also made some changes to the messaging system, so check the notes for details."

From Valve themselves. If you think Dota 2 or any of the other mentioned games are any different when they fill the exact same developer intent of esports/competitive play, then you just have your fingers in your ears.

What you've just shown me, is a change to the game that benefits all players, with the help of the pro's that play it.

Not a change to the game that benefits just the pro's and "fuck you other guys".
4 Jul 2015, 22:08 PM

The others guus have to learn the game
4 Jul 2015, 22:08 PM

What you've just shown me, is a change to the game that benefits all players, with the help of the pro's that play it.

Not a change to the game that benefits just the pro's and "fuck you other guys".

Are you just making up shit for the sake of it?

You as a player are what would be called a Silver tier player in CSGO. The balance update that was done in 2013 that affected recoil negatively affected silver tier, because now it is harder for them to spray and aim every single gun, and the better players that understand the deeper mechanics of movement in positioning in CSGO will trash the silver players easily. This is literally the same thing in CoH, when things like the 120mm crutch mortar got nerfed, or the Tiger Ace, and people cried on the forums since they could no longer abuse it.
4 Jul 2015, 22:10 PM

I don't play CS:GO so I'll give you that one then. It's how it read to me.
4 Jul 2015, 22:12 PM

Ok, so now you've admitted that a game like CSGO, which is an EXTREMELY successful esport, is balanced from the top? So why do you keep on insisting that CoH should somehow be any different?
4 Jul 2015, 22:15 PM

Because CoH isn't CS:GO. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is CS:GO harder to play as any one side than the other at lower skill levels?
4 Jul 2015, 22:19 PM

Aerohank, someone who is reknowned for being an extremely poor sport and BMer in 1v1s

:foreveralone:

Forgive me for not saying GG WP every time I face the same boring meta play or abuse of imbalanced features.

And yeah, I do complain a lot, but they are all directed to creating a game where commanders don't dictate whether you have a huge advantage over stock play and where cheap game mechanics such as insta wipe demo charges don't ruin games. Most of the things I have moaned about have either already been changed or are on the agenda to be changed, so'd I'd say that most of my complaints have been legitimate complains.

4 Jul 2015, 22:24 PM

Because CoH isn't CS:GO. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is CS:GO harder to play as any one side than the other at lower skill levels?

You play as both sides in competitive CSGO. 15 rounds as each side, first to 16 wins. In CoH 2 tournaments, you play as both factions, BO3 or BO5.

'Casual' CSGO, which we can semi compare to automatch in CoH 2 because of one metric, which is that you only play as one side, the team weapons are all fairly balanced, but it becomes more an issue of map balance. Certain maps can favour the defending CTs or aggressing Ts, and when you move out of the balance of 5v5 competitive CSGO to 10v10 casual games (just like going from CoH 2 1v1s-2v2s to 3s and 4) the game starts becoming less and less balanced exponentially.
4 Jul 2015, 22:25 PM

Forgive me for not saying GG WP every time I face the same boring meta play or abuse of imbalanced features. Most of the things I have moaned about have either already been changed or are on the agenda to be changed, so'd I'd say that most of my complaints have been legitimate complains.

Worse BM'er than Alladin? :snfPeter:
4 Jul 2015, 22:27 PM

Forgive me for not saying GG WP every time I face the same boring meta play or abuse of imbalanced features. Most of the things I have moaned about have either already been changed or are on the agenda to be changed, so'd I'd say that most of my complaints have been legitimate complains.

Its not a matter of you not saying GGWP, its you literally flaming people that you are playing against because of your own perceived balance/meta issues. I still remember the one time I played USF against you on launch, I had you base pinned within 5 minutes on Semois, and you flamed me for literally 20 minutes about how I was some no skill scrub and then proceeded to call in your Tiger Ace.

So you don't think you were at least a bit hypocritical?

Otherwise, yes, you generally do bring up valid points and are a good player to boot, which is why I respect your balance opinions on these forums.
4 Jul 2015, 22:28 PM

Worse BM'er than Alladin? :snfPeter:

Alladin is a special quality sturmdaddy dat only gets mad sometimes :snfBarton:
4 Jul 2015, 22:29 PM
Donator 11

This thread, wow. I'm not sure what the issue is with the stats, these are the "top level players" for each faction. AT's aren't included, but for 2v2's at a higher level you can definitely pull out a win with a random teammate with some basic communication. There is a disadvantage for sure, but it's not impossible.

All this really proves is how delicate the balance is, I guarantee things would be much worse if Relic implemented every single alpha change right from the get-go. Personally, I love the patch. Never was a fan of spamming heavy call-ins and the changes have already brought a lot of new play-styles.

Is there still work to be done? Yeah, for sure. Could these stats be a reflection of people still working out new strats? Probably. I like the way things are headed though. Captain tier is alive for the first time (speaking of 2v2's) and it's already made the game way more enjoyable for me. Lend lease for Soviets is great, MG's are more reliable, stug life is back :banana:
4 Jul 2015, 22:31 PM

If your playing competitively you can't blame the other player for trying to win. You think I don't hate how 99% of all Soviet players I fight use the same doctrines over and over again? Because I do with the passion if a billion burning suns. Except I don't bitch about it in game because the player is doing what they need to win.

I want to say that here we see almost the same sample of players gets different results with different faction.

The factions are all very different from each other design wise, players being good with some and bad at others isn't exactly unheard of.
4 Jul 2015, 22:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2015, 20:26 PMNapalm

Nailed it. The attitude of "well, only top XX skilled players count towards balancing" is doing nothing for the over all health of the title. Should a paying customer not have a fun experience no matter the skill level? However, Relic has never stated who they balancing/designing factions for. Casuals? Hard cores? Perhaps they are completely satisfied with their current approach and have no intentions of changing it.

Low rank players in most cases don't have balance problems but learn to play issues.
In those cases not the game is problem, but the person in front of the monitor, thus you can't balance the game for them, because even if a unit is perfectly fine, they will still cry that its UP, because they dont know how to use it.
4 Jul 2015, 22:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2015, 22:29 PMFuzz
This thread, wow. I'm not sure what the issue is with the stats, these are the "top level players" for each faction. AT's aren't included, but for 2v2's at a higher level you can definitely pull out a win with a random teammate with some basic communication. There is a disadvantage for sure, but it's not impossible.

All this really proves is how delicate the balance is, I guarantee things would be much worse if Relic implemented every single alpha change right from the get-go. Personally, I love the patch. Never was a fan of spamming heavy call-ins and the changes have already brought a lot of new play-styles.

Is there still work to be done? Yeah, for sure. Could these stats be a reflection of people still working out new strats? Probably. I like the way things are headed though. Captain tier is alive for the first time (speaking of 2v2's) and it's already made the game way more enjoyable for me. Lend lease for Soviets is great, MG's are more reliable, stug life is back :banana:

Balance right now is all over the place BECAUSE they decided to only include a pathetic amount of the balance changes. Do you seriously think Soviets being stuck with dumb tier placement and shit stock units is good? How about OKW having a non-existent mid game? USF still having problems with the fact they lack any kind of diverse start?

The only new play styles that this patch has brought is Soviet's spamming T34/85's 100% of the time instead of only 75% of the time.
4 Jul 2015, 22:35 PM

So you don't think you were at least a bit hypocritical?

I play non-meta 95% of the time and I face meta 95% of the time.
Even I, who is so vocal about balance and non-meta play, sometimes get tired of getting crushed by abusive strategies and then I have to vent a bit. Can I have at least that without being brandished as a hypocrite?
4 Jul 2015, 22:38 PM

I play non-meta 95% of the time and I face meta 95% of the time.
Even I, who is so vocal about balance and non-meta play, sometimes get tired of getting crushed by abusive strategies and then I have to vent a bit. Can I have at least that without being brandished as a hypocrite?

I'm specifically referring to the kubel replay you no doubt remember. That was a bit over the top no?
4 Jul 2015, 22:41 PM
Donator 11

Balance right now is all over the place BECAUSE they decided to only include a pathetic amount of the balance changes. Do you seriously think Soviets being stuck with dumb tier placement and shit stock units is good? How about OKW having a non-existent mid game? USF still having problems with the fact they lack any kind of diverse start?

The only new play styles that this patch has brought is Soviet's spamming T34/85's 100% of the time instead of only 75% of the time.

That's weird you must not play that much, I'm seeing lend lease and and isu152 a whole lot more now. T3 is becoming a bit more popular as well. SU-76 is in a lot of matches too. Lay off the generalizations, it comes off as bias.

Yeah, USF has some issues right now. OKW in 1v1 is still struggling.

But if you honestly think that completely redesigning the game based on 3 weeks of scarce alpha gameplay (plz remember it took about an hour to find a match most days) is the magic answer I don't know what to tell you
4 Jul 2015, 22:43 PM

Can confirm, lend lease is slowly becoming the shit with T1/T2 to T4.
4 Jul 2015, 22:44 PM

In Aerohanks defence, I know perfectly well what he is talking about.

You won't see me calling other people scrubs or anything, but if you get Guard Motored 10 times in a row or in previous patches say truckcrushed/clowncared/tigeraced (insertcheapassmetacrutchandorabuseofyourchoice) this can be aggravating as all hell and I have bitched about it as well, usually feeling bad about doing so 5 minutes later. Still, sometimes you just do get pissed, its fairly natural and within reason should be expected and tolerated. Obviously I am not talking about people here who threaten to kill you and rave on about raping their opponents mothers and the like.
PAGES (16)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Russian Federation 37
New Zealand 7
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %