Login

russian armor

British marketing is coming!!!

PAGES (11)down
3 Jul 2015, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2015, 13:09 PMnigo

Yes. A lot of ppl leaked things on steam forums or official forums.

Like I said before: Lets see. ;)

So what group is he supposed to be in then? The Private Alpha doesn't know when the expansion releases, the people in the alpha for the new faction don't know when it will be released, etc. Where would he have gotten that information to leak it?
3 Jul 2015, 14:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2015, 13:15 PMHux
Inb4 6th faction is just a re-worked PE.

Same factions, same maps, same(ish) engine. Is this turning into the same damned game or what?

10 years on and we've still essentially got the same game as before.

Mention of past patches and the weird metas that evolved really hit home just how much of a clusterfuck this games development trajectory has been.

Sometimes I wish I didn't love this franchise so dearly..

Please don't be imbalanced, please don't be imbalanced.

Exactly, it's fucking CoH 1 all over. I was a huge fan of the first Company of Heroes despite all its problems, CoH2 really dissapointed me but now that I see that Relic can go f*** themselves.

If I knew the game would be like that I would just have installed the eastern front mod for CoH1 and that's it.

The only game I might buy from Relic is Dawn of War 3 and even then I'll wait for reviews before buying anything.
3 Jul 2015, 15:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2015, 13:15 PMHux
Inb4 6th faction is just a re-worked PE.

Same factions, same maps, same(ish) engine. Is this turning into the same damned game or what?

10 years on and we've still essentially got the same game as before.

Mention of past patches and the weird metas that evolved really hit home just how much of a clusterfuck this games development trajectory has been.

Sometimes I wish I didn't love this franchise so dearly..

Please don't be imbalanced, please don't be imbalanced.

Wrong on several levels. NDA forbids me more at this stage, except I can say that that Gelsenkirchen Refinery is a new map..
3 Jul 2015, 15:02 PM

Relic, let me pre order the UKF ffs. I have $80 to spend on the new faction, but Relic doesn't seem to want my money.
3 Jul 2015, 15:02 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Exactly, it's fucking CoH 1 all over. I was a huge fan of the first Company of Heroes despite all its problems, CoH2 really dissapointed me but now that I see that Relic can go f*** themselves.

If I knew the game would be like that I would just have installed the eastern front mod for CoH1 and that's it.

The only game I might buy from Relic is Dawn of War 3 and even then I'll wait for reviews before buying anything.

Don't jump in without prior knowledge. Simple, friendly advice. ;)
3 Jul 2015, 15:04 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Relic, let me pre order the UKF ffs. I have $80 to spend on the new faction, but Relic doesn't seem to want my money.

hey hey hey... dont go setting the price barriers without limit :O (((shudders)))
3 Jul 2015, 15:06 PM

$80 is enough to get the UKF for 3-4 alt accounts. I'll buy more if need be but I think 4 should suffice and this is assuming the pricing for UKF is the same as the WFA.
3 Jul 2015, 15:08 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

$80 is enough to get the UKF for 3-4 alt accounts. I'll buy more if need be but I think 4 should suffice and this is assuming the pricing for UKF is the same as the WFA.

3-4 alternative accounts? B-) Seems to me that Relic should give you a Maple leaf Badge of Honor
3 Jul 2015, 15:12 PM

Lol this is Relic's marketing? I saw this image on Facebook when scrolling and didn't even bother stopping to see what it was, or who shared it.
3 Jul 2015, 15:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2015, 15:12 PMKhan
Lol this is Relic's marketing? I saw this image on Facebook when scrolling and didn't even bother stopping to see what it was, or who shared it.

I know... it's sad really.. but it is all we have :(
3 Jul 2015, 15:23 PM

Don't jump in without prior knowledge. Simple, friendly advice. ;)

I'm already dissapointed by the fact CoH2 brought very few good things in exchange of horrible balance at the beginning and subpar game-design overall. And they took quite a lot of time to partially fix it.

And now the Brits instead of a faction with some originality (Japan for ex, if it works in Men of War it can work in a Hollywood game like CoH), they should have named the game Company of Heroes : Electric boogaloo.

We can also talk about Ardennes Assault which was ok but way too expensive (seriously 40 bucks for that?).

I'm a little sour right now but I guess if the gameplay is good and I can find the new faction for 3 bucks on a key seller store I'll buy it.
3 Jul 2015, 15:52 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I'm already dissapointed by the fact CoH2 brought very few good things in exchange of horrible balance at the beginning and subpar game-design overall. And they took quite a lot of time to partially fix it.

I <444>3 you.

Look! Even the games press accept that sadly, community relations were initially screwed by the initial launch of CoH2. CoH2 took a terrible tumble...but much of this.. in fact, all of this was due to THQ falling apart at the seams, and expecting/hoping that a few of their franchises (including Relic) could launch new games early, in order to prop up the sinking THQ ship, which was in fact badly holed below the waterline...consequences followed, for all concerned...

We can only be thankful for the three month period of grace which SEGA allowed Relic,to at least improve some of what was in early development..but as events proved,even that time lapse was not enough... still, if you are an investor sitting on $26 million, there is only so much leeway...

And now the Brits instead of a faction with some originality (Japan for ex, if it works in Men of War it can work in a Hollywood game like CoH), they should have named the game Company of Heroes : Electric boogaloo.

This is simply unrealistic. If you have four armies fighting over Soviet Russia and the 1944 Western Front, then to introduce the Japanese as a fifth army does not cut it. It requires a completely different scenario.

We can also talk about Ardennes Assault which was ok but way too expensive (seriously 40 bucks for that?)

This was SP, not MP. I am not fighting you over the price.

I'm a little sour right now but I guess if the gameplay is good and I can find the new faction for 3 bucks on a key seller store I'll buy it.

I suspect that the next iteration may include more than just a new army... the delay suggests this.. but I may well be wrong

3 Jul 2015, 17:10 PM

3-4 alternative accounts? B-) Seems to me that Relic should give you a Maple leaf Badge of Honor

I suppose that is an option for idiots who can't tell how steam family sharing works.
3 Jul 2015, 18:23 PM

We can also talk about Ardennes Assault which was ok but way too expensive (seriously 40 bucks for that?).

Except Japan only works in MoW because most of the tanks they have in that game that can actually do anything either never saw combat or were prototypes. The japanese in CoH would probably be gimmicky as fuck and the best tank they would have would be as powerful as an M5 light tank. They wouldn't be able to do shit against any of the other factions except in the infantry department.
3 Jul 2015, 18:24 PM
Donator 11

Guess they will release the first teaser/gameplay material soon :crazy:
3 Jul 2015, 18:29 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Guess they will release the first teaser/gameplay material soon :crazy:

I sincerely hope so! :)
3 Jul 2015, 19:18 PM

Except Japan only works in MoW because most of the tanks they have in that game that can actually do anything either never saw combat or were prototypes. The japanese in CoH would probably be gimmicky as fuck and the best tank they would have would be as powerful as an M5 light tank. They wouldn't be able to do shit against any of the other factions except in the infantry department.

Since when Company of Heroes is about realism? It's a Hollywood popcorn game, there's so many unrealistic things in that game with superman infantry and weird abilities. So no, with some imagination you can do something while still have some credibility.
3 Jul 2015, 19:26 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Since when Company of Heroes is about realism? It's a Hollywood popcorn game, there's so many unrealistic things in that game with superman infantry and weird abilities. So no, with some imagination you can do something while still have some credibility.

Dont persist with this, please.

Zupadupadude wrote you a polite post, stating why your idea would not run. I will be even more blunt: Quinn Duffy has made it quite clear that the Japanese army will not appear in CoH2. It is a waste of everybody's time to pursue the point.
3 Jul 2015, 19:39 PM

I know... it's sad really.. but it is all we have :(

COUGH! COUGH! COUGH!

Portraits for the British Airspeed Horsa Glider

Sorry was I not meant to show those?

Disclaimer: These images come from the live version of the game accessible for all to see, so sorry no NDA breaches here.
3 Jul 2015, 19:56 PM
Senior Editor Badge

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 112
unknown 4
Germany 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias