Login

russian armor

The Official Cynthia leaving Relic thread

2 Jul 2015, 15:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2015, 05:02 AMWiFiDi
Juvenile or not im gonna leave this i don't feel its serious nor have anything extremely offensive in it. so lets try to stay on topic shall we. :)

/back on topic

You say that but my post was deleted? Ah! Well guess it deserves to be deleted then.. "(The not hot post)
2 Jul 2015, 15:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge

You say that but my post was deleted? Ah! Well guess it deserves to be deleted then.. "(The not hot post)

thats cause someone else thought it went to far it seems. (wasn't me) I have to go though so can't deal with any of that right now. :)
2 Jul 2015, 15:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2015, 14:39 PMCorsin

Unlike you, im not sad to see her go. Her forum moderation was poor at best, defending community moderators that defended trolls that lead to why basically anyone who is anyone in the Coh2 community avoiding the Companyofheroes official forums... since they are full of trolls and poisonous posters. If you raise your voice at it, BOOM warning. If you raise moderation behavior to her (even in pm), BOOM Ban.

Appalling forum moderation skills and tbh ive not been that impressed with her community activity either. 1 random stream playing crappy mods every other week is just not that impressive.

I wish her the best with her future, but i seriously cant see the community suffering with her not running it.

I've got completely opposite experience with her.

We've been hunting lolcake alt accounts together, was fun times.
Also when mods wen't overboard and became overzealous there wasn't a problem to talk to her and have the damage(infraction :P) reverted.

Had some casual PM chats as well.
Its bad to see her go.

Hell, its bad to see anyone from relic crew go.
2 Jul 2015, 16:03 PM

I agree with Corsin that I am not sad to see her go.

As I have just said in the other topic of her leaving from a marketing / communication / PR perspective she has only made the gap between community and relic bigger than it was. I have no actual proof of the mismoderation but i'll take Corsins word for it. it falls in line with everything else that has happened last year, community wise that is.

It's not an easy job that she had to do. But that doesn't make for a proper excuse to fail at it.
2 Jul 2015, 16:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Who are the people with 30 posts between them who've suddenly appeared to say, "Good Riddance, lol, she was terrible"?
2 Jul 2015, 18:13 PM
Patrion 14

Well this thread took you lot awfully long to go complete 180. Well done guys!
2 Jul 2015, 18:30 PM

Who are the people with 30 posts between them who've suddenly appeared to say, "Good Riddance, lol, she was terrible"?

Well said Vort! Don't let these haters bring you down. They just dont understand everything Cynthia did for us.

Don't engage them. Instead let us use this thread to look back on all the good times we had at all the events Cynthia organized, that way we focus on the positive. You don't know what you got till its gone.
2 Jul 2015, 18:40 PM

She is a trooper for all the BS she had to put up with, including the NDA fiascos. Cynthia you will be greatly missed and I hope you have good fortune in your future! :)
2 Jul 2015, 19:27 PM

I've got completely opposite experience with her.

We've been hunting lolcake alt accounts together, was fun times.
Also when mods wen't overboard and became overzealous there wasn't a problem to talk to her and have the damage(infraction :P) reverted.

Had some casual PM chats as well.
Its bad to see her go.

Hell, its bad to see anyone from relic crew go.

Lol Interestingly enough, you're one of the trolls i was referring to.

5000+ posts and 50 hours ingame? derailing and trolling every thread.

The fact that you miss her kinda sums up my reasoning in a nutshell...

Any competent forum admin would of banned you AND lolcake in their first week...

good riddance.
2 Jul 2015, 19:32 PM

You wouldn't last long with your attitude either, I hope you're aware of that.
3 Jul 2015, 00:11 AM

You wouldn't last long with your attitude either, I hope you're aware of that.

On the official forums? yeah i know, mature debate, keeping threads on topic, and posting about balance only when you know what you're talking about is an alien concept there.
3 Jul 2015, 00:54 AM
Benefactor 115

I hope Relic reach out to community members to fill the new vacancy a lá Riot, Capcom, Hi-Rez and Valve. Instead of just getting a random PR bot to tow the studio line at every given opportunity and frustrate the customers and community contributors.
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 3 Jul 2015, 01:21 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I hope Relic reach out to community members to fill the new vacancy a lá Riot, Capcom, Hi-Rez and Valve. Instead of just getting a random PR bot to tow the studio line at every given opportunity and frustrate the customers and community contributors.

wait, I'm a bot?!

< has existential crisis >
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 3 Jul 2015, 01:25 AM
Developer Relic Badge

+1

Know how I got banned? By quoting a post from a certain bear that said something like, 'hey why not focus on the positive about this patch? It's got some new stuff in!', to which I replied,
'why not just talk about the next 6 month delay which is what we're all actually thinking about'

and BAM, banned. lol

Relic is so used to toxic posters that they can't differentiate harsh (but honest) criticism from trolls, subtle or not. Default response? Ban.

Fascism.

P.S. to those posting pics of hooked people and the suggestions of being trolled and so on: it's perfectly acceptable to have a discussion by posting. Not everything is a trap or a setup or getting one over the next guy. Peace.

Dude. This isn't the entire reason as to why you were banned. We have a pretty lenient ban policy. People receive several temporary bans before being banned permanently, and it takes several infractions and warnings before someone is even temporarily suspended. We encourage constructive criticism, and there's a lot of it in our forums. Our volunteer moderators are even advised to edit problematic posts and delete the offending content only, yet leave the constructive bits of criticism up in order to allow the conversation to continue. We could straight up just delete comments that break our forum rules, but we try not to.
3 Jul 2015, 01:26 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2015, 19:27 PMCorsin

Lol Interestingly enough, you're one of the trolls i was referring to.

5000+ posts and 50 hours ingame? derailing and trolling every thread.

The fact that you miss her kinda sums up my reasoning in a nutshell...

Any competent forum admin would of banned you AND lolcake in their first week...

good riddance.

What gives YOU the right to come into this thread to bash Cynthia for no reason?

get a life

You are a nobody
3 Jul 2015, 01:29 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

wait, I'm a bot?!

< has existential crisis >

Human-robot confusion? Why not Zoidberg?
3 Jul 2015, 03:12 AM

What gives YOU the right to come into this thread to bash Cynthia for no reason?

get a life

You are a nobody

Its hardly no reason.

I have plenty of reasons.

Maybe take your own advice?

Dude. This isn't the entire reason as to why you were banned. We have a pretty lenient ban policy. People receive several temporary bans before being banned permanently, and it takes several infractions and warnings before someone is even temporarily suspended. We encourage constructive criticism, and there's a lot of it in our forums. Our volunteer moderators are even advised to edit problematic posts and delete the offending content only, yet leave the constructive bits of criticism up in order to allow the conversation to continue. We could straight up just delete comments that break our forum rules, but we try not to.

LOVE how you skip over why im banned? lol

Thats right? cos i PMed you about an admin abusing his power, and you banned me for speaking to you in private and in confidence.(pretty sure that's against policy) If i cant do that then what use are you?

Oh wait yeah, to defend the trolls who back in the day were banned every other week for trolling, since you got here they were protected by mods and then further by yourself.

Katitof had multiple bans back when there were decent mods on the official forums. Now we learn he was helping you hunt "trolls" (people who spoke against a player with 50 hrs game time and 5000+ posts) and one of the most poisonous posters in the entire community who doesn't even play the bloody game...

Im sorry but you drove me to say it...
You failed

Good riddance.
3 Jul 2015, 03:38 AM

3 Jul 2015, 03:53 AM

Well this thread took you lot awfully long to go complete 180. Well done guys!

Members banned from companyofheroes.com only have one place to go. Welcome to coh2.org! :thumbsup: Props to all the volunteer moderators here.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★