Login

russian armor

My impressions so far

11 Jun 2013, 02:37 AM

I for one am really pleased with the way Relic handled the original CoH and I'm hoping for great things to come from CoH2. If you don't feel like the devs are listening then there's really not any point to posting on the forums ( other than just to listen to yourself). I post on here to get my opinions out there, get some input on them and see what other people think of the state of the game ( within reason). Also we're still in beta phase and the entire point of the beta is to work out the bugs and start tuning the balance.
11 Jun 2013, 03:15 AM

I've had my disagreements with some things Relic have done since OF, A LOT of CoH patches happened with very little communication from the devs, and I remember ninja changes happened more often than desired.

That said, Relic's communication with the playerbase has improved dramatically over the years. Their community managers have generally been superb, but the fact that Lynx, Duffy, Tribalbob, Eagleheart and others have kept in good communication during CoH2's development cycle, is important to me, as a fan and potential customer.

I hope that communication doesn't suffer to much post-release. I understand the devs have to move on to new projects and everything, but it makes a BIG difference when you keep that hotline open.
11 Jun 2013, 07:20 AM

Permanently Banned
The Sega forum was great. Very functional, reasonably moderated. Lots of important stickies maintained by an attentive staff.

The current official board could use a color scheme option to say, for example, "winter", inline withthe CoH2 theme, which woukd make reading easier than the current black/red/grey theme which are colors that have little contrast. Furthermorenthe design of the official forums doesnt utilise screen space very well.

Thankfully, CoH2.orgs forum is one of the best designed anywhere online.
Excellent functionality, readability, constant moderation and whats even better, has Relics ear. Big cheers and thanks to these guys for providing this site, with all its associated elements of articles, shoutbox, livecast listing, searchable and commented replay database and tournaments and pretty much everything under the sun that a comprehensive fan/community site could offer.

You guys all deserve medals for the work youve out into this place.
Seriously, this site is just about the best fan site for any game, ever, and I say that from 20yrs of gaming experience and as a forum junky.
11 Jun 2013, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2013, 18:32 PMNoun

Apart from the six years we spent patching the original Company of Heroes based largely on community feedback. I'm sure there's other studios that do that, but not a lot. The last patch to CoH was in fact largely based on feedback from players in the GameReplays community (many of whom are now on this site).

If your specific feedback didn't get listened to, we're sorry but we can only take so many suggestion. Especially when much of that is contradictory. We have to make decisions based on what we know about the game, and what we know about the knowledge of the players who are giving the feedback.

Yes the last patch (2.602) fixed alot of problems. However why did you need 1 and a half years to release it? The problems were already known long time before (for example roo spam). Many people were frustrated and just simply dropped when they were matched with brits or PE. Even now some things needs still fixing (for example the staghound). You need to release another patch. This is not some noname game, but an online multiplayer RTS with an obvious large community. After the shutdown of the quazal servers im not so sure about that anymore...

Just look around this forum. There are alot of things, which people were/are complaining about. It isn´t even contradictionary: UI, cold tech, faction design, ...
Some things were made a bit better along beta, but not changed like they would have need to.

Sorry you don't like the SEGA forums. They were incredibly helpful.

I had not the impression. From what i did read out of the big topics is, that poeple miss the feedback of developers, because they got none. Then i read your post that relic has no time for the feedback and even if they got, they don´t know what to do with it. Thats was the time i stopped reading there.
Maybe this has changed since alpha/closed beta. Basically what is said in sega forums was written in coh2 aswell.

If this were a Phoenix Wright game I'd pound the table and shout objection before pointing out that:
a) we didn't use the SEGA forums for the alpha test since THQ was the owner of Relic at that point
b) I was working at EA on NHL 13, SSX and UFC and not at Relic to say anything of the sort that that point
c) I never said anything like that, so please don't put words in my mouth

Don't wait for the translation!

I can't speak to the alpha test, not having been there, but the the SEGA forums were incredibly valuable for the beta test.

I do not wonder why you replyed on my post, since i named you saying something. As i can´t access the old forums anymore, i can´t proof my point. So its like you have have never said it and i do need to apologize.
However, the way the test phases were handled, gave people frustration: Lack of developers feedback on players feedback, frustration about the messy coh2 in general and preorderers got beta earlier.
I just hope that relic devs will start to reply not only when their reputation is in danger, but when people are posting constructive criticism in forums like coh2.

Not true. As stated, and demonstrated over the years.

If your specific feedback wasn't listened to, again that's unfortunate but we can't implement every idea. Otherwise we'd be making a unit both more powerful and less powerful at the same time.

I was not talking about balance, but design of the game coh2. Vcoh did set standards, which were not continued by opposing fronts and for sure not coh2 (in the regards of adding new factions to the franchise and improving the gameplay with it).

http://www.coh2.org/topic/748/what-happened-to-the-original-coh-dev-team

Thats a very good thread.

With the community feedback, coh2 will become better and more fun to play for sure and the community needs that.
11 Jun 2013, 14:32 PM

You more than likely never got out of the low levels. There were always counters to these things. l2p.

You more than likely didn´t understand the problems brits and PE added to vcoh, which begs me the question who is more likely low level?
And again, im not talking about the balance. Improvments were done to coh2 based on players feedback for sure. However the basic problems not changed.
11 Jun 2013, 21:14 PM

You more than likely didn´t understand the problems brits and PE added to vcoh, which begs me the question who is more likely low level?
And again, im not talking about the balance. Improvments were done to coh2 based on players feedback for sure. However the basic problems not changed.

I've been playing about 6 years, yea PE and brits messed up the game. Not too many people argue against that.

If you're implying "basic problems" means game mechanics, I think you're barking up the wrong tree. The game is what it is and to be honest, if you don't like it it's far too late for them to change anything.

If it's that big of a problem, coh1 still exists, just play it or ask for your money back. Just stop complaining about things that cannot and probably wont be changed. It's called COH2 not COH1.1 (or as the skeptics would say COH.5 because they've supposedly removed this universe worth of depth from the game). Just enjoy it for what it is like most of us will do and stop acting like the dev's "owe" you something. You choose to give them money for a product they provide you with because you're interested in it. Say I used to own a Nissan car, right? Pretend they release a new 2013 model but it's a cardboard box with training wheels and a cereal box is the engine. They're asking 23,000 for it. Why would you buy that and then complain about it? It clearly didn't suite you right?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 29
unknown 28
United Kingdom 67

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak