Login

russian armor

Suppression for Grens.. Bug/Working as intended?

PAGES (8)down
29 Jun 2015, 19:56 PM

Dusty is 100% right in that if you are not using cover already something is wrong, doesn't excuse this retarded "bug" but it's food for thought that if you are constantly charging over red cover or open ground then it might be time to change up the ole' playstyle.
29 Jun 2015, 19:58 PM
Donator 33

Well maybe this Gren "buff" will make people use "Hit The Dirt" ability more. Kappa

29 Jun 2015, 20:05 PM

I'm probably crazy

Yes

Tells me they might have tied suppression more to accuracy now, because if accuracy didn't affect suppression why did they make incremental accuracy a thing for HMG's?

Again, like has been said several times already, suppression is not a function of accuracy, but aoe suppression is. So for HMGs which actually have reasonable aoe suppression values higher accuracy translates to better blob control. For grenadiers the pitiful aoe modifier means there are practically no gains to be had there no matter what.

Cruzz, you're a good player, and you should know what I'm trying to get at.

I don't. I've lost several engagements already purely because of this new feature. Getting your most valuable squads immediately removed from a fight by gren blob suppression is about as game breaking as the March deployment was.

It's a far more influential bug than the blitzkrieg one was, that's for sure. And yet that got hotfixed and this got left in.

29 Jun 2015, 20:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 20:05 PMCruzz

I'm not disagreeing that it was before what I'm saying is since they changed a lot of the data files that either A. suppression works differently within the game engine or B. somebody just messed up and accidentally gave Grens/Kar 98's they shouldn't have.

This wouldn't be the first time Relic changed a fundamental feature and !!!FUN!!! things happened as a result.
29 Jun 2015, 20:24 PM

So charging over open ground into.... open ground and getting suppressed after a bunch of volleys is suddenly game breaking?

Hokaaaaaay then.

Don't be blaming this bug for your losses.

I'm not "blaming this bug for my losses" where did you even get that from?

And also when did me, or anyone for that matter claim that this bug is game breaking? Man you're dramatic.

Point being: There are multiple instances where closing in, being caught off guard, or cover just simply not working (model out of cover) where this bug has effected gameplay.

Just because you're on the winning side of this bug doesn't mean it doesn't need to be addressed.

Edit: Cruzz up there said it was gamebreaking, guess I stand corrected. :clap:

29 Jun 2015, 20:27 PM

I'm not "blaming this bug for my losses" where did you even get that from?

And also when did me, or anyone for that matter claim that this bug is game breaking? Man you're dramatic.

Point being: There are multiple instances where closing in, being caught off guard, or cover just simply not working (model out of cover) where this bug has effected gameplay.

Just because you're on the winning side of this bug doesn't mean it doesn't need to be addressed.

I've literally been playing only allies for the past 3 days, how am I on the winning side of this?

And I never said it doesnt need to be addressed, only that it isnt a big deal.
29 Jun 2015, 20:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 20:05 PMCruzz

I don't. I've lost several engagements already purely because of this new feature. Getting your most valuable squads immediately removed from a fight by gren blob suppression is about as game breaking as the March deployment was.

March deployment 2.0? :foreveralone:

29 Jun 2015, 21:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 20:54 PMVonIvan

March deployment 2.0? :foreveralone:

The time of the packs forming. I remember it fondly. Yeah, I'm Angry.
29 Jun 2015, 21:28 PM

Welp relic just released a hotfix that doesn't mention this issue at all; so lets hope it fixes it regardless so we don't have to go another week with it :foreveralone:
29 Jun 2015, 21:34 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 21:16 PMNapalm

The time of the packs forming. I remember it fondly. Yeah, I'm Angry.

Bring on the the Gren LMG blob 2.0. The Grens now reform to turn into one big robot that shoots riflenades passively and has 20 lmgs with shreks
29 Jun 2015, 21:35 PM

Welp relic just released a hotfix that doesn't mention this issue at all; so lets hope it fixes it regardless so we don't have to go another week with it :foreveralone:

It doesn't, just Kubel change and some artwork changes.
29 Jun 2015, 21:59 PM

Well @Dusty it would not be a big deal, if the rate of suppression was unique to each firing unit. If you get engaged by a Gren and then by a Mg-42 that would mean suppression would come quicker from the MG-42. At least that is how I understand it. Please let me know if that is incorrect

Nonetheless, Im not saying it is game breaking or anything, but rather than the devs should have been able to foresee the consequences of these changes and that it is disheartening to see them having missed it.
30 Jun 2015, 04:26 AM

could you like; just say i'm wrong without insulting me?

you were the one insulting others (ex: calling katitof autistic) and bickering with everyone in the past
30 Jun 2015, 05:26 AM

looks like they applied some of the buffs to core infantry :P
30 Jun 2015, 08:31 AM

Just 15mins ago. My Cons squad was taking neutral ammo point on neutral cover. I was microing other units cause of huge push (2v2 game btw), then I saw my Cons being suppressed. Quick hotkey to see what happened and... Gren squad suppressed my Cons so I had to retreat :foreveralone:
30 Jun 2015, 10:59 AM
Donator 33

Didint the Brits use some "mad minute" technique in WW1 to shoot as fast as they can to suppress the enemy?, because maybe Relic is just teasing us with upcoming Brits
30 Jun 2015, 11:03 AM

Just 15mins ago. My Cons squad was taking neutral ammo point on neutral cover. I was microing other units cause of huge push (2v2 game btw), then I saw my Cons being suppressed. Quick hotkey to see what happened and... Gren squad suppressed my Cons so I had to retreat :foreveralone:

Wow mate l2p mate u blob so u deserve the consequence of the Gren bug l2use cover :foreveralone:
30 Jun 2015, 15:03 PM

lmao. Riflemen smoke should be free now so we can smoke grens too to get to green cover.
WHO
30 Jun 2015, 16:11 PM

Similarly, I've seen the Kubel suppress before being "set up" this patch.
30 Jun 2015, 16:13 PM
Donator 11

the kubel was hotfixed
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L