Login

russian armor

Suppression for Grens.. Bug/Working as intended?

PAGES (8)down
29 Jun 2015, 16:18 PM

Grens have always done a small amount of suppression because they are supposed to work in tandem with 42's. The problem is now the new accuracy mechanics makes it so squads in red cover with 5-6 man model counts get suppressed by grens in their lonesome
29 Jun 2015, 16:21 PM

Why are you defending this, again?

Explaining why it's happening =\= saying it's okay
29 Jun 2015, 16:26 PM

A unit under fire will stay longer suppressed, we all know that, but why the fuck can gren create a suppress, thats a mistery ... Do they have some autotesting process like we have in web development ? huge drawback : /
29 Jun 2015, 16:27 PM

they are axis units. axis units are much better than allied units
29 Jun 2015, 16:28 PM

Explaining why it's happening =\= saying it's okay

How many posts do you need?...

If riflemen were doing this, im sure you'd be singing a different tune...

29 Jun 2015, 16:30 PM
Donator 11

Man if riflemen or cons did this the whole forum would be up in arms. This is so dumb and unfair that grens can stand in open to no cover and suppress while the soviet maxim can only suppress 1 unit.
29 Jun 2015, 16:31 PM

How many posts do you need?...

If riflemen were doing this, im sure you'd be singing a different tune...

It's broken and OP and I hope relic fixes it soon
29 Jun 2015, 16:42 PM

No particular order, my first video ever!
29 Jun 2015, 16:50 PM

No particular order, my first video ever!

Pretty much confirms it has a lot to due with accuracy mechanics then (incremental as well as red cover). Because the shocks armor just allows them to shrug off shots instead of avoiding them.

Also means Vetted grens will do it more often due to that sweet vet 2 +40% accuracy.
29 Jun 2015, 16:55 PM

Permanently Banned
I love how alex is soo biased, it takes him an entire thread to admit to an axis unit being op/broken

Even I knew pre-nurf volley fire was op

Jesus, some people
29 Jun 2015, 16:57 PM

I guess my attempts lately to be less biased and more neutral while not being aggressive have turned out for naught, since all the usual suspects still treat me like shit :foreveralone:

I love how alex is soo biased, it takes him an entire thread to admit to an axis unit being op/broken

i said it was broken untended consequence of the new mechanics on page one, please stop it with the harassment
29 Jun 2015, 17:03 PM

blobs getting occasionally suppressed by massed grens.

1 unit is not a blob. Two Grens are not "massed"
29 Jun 2015, 17:09 PM

1 unit is not a blob. Two Grens are not "massed"

Luckily I explained my post on that very same page. I'm sorry for any confusion but I'm currently stuck in the hospital on painkillers so I'm not feeling the greatest.
29 Jun 2015, 17:23 PM

Da garden Relic? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
29 Jun 2015, 17:28 PM

I guess I'll set a couple of things straight here because Alex seems intent on spreading his usual drivel.

This has nothing to do with incremental accuracy as it is only enabled on HMGs and vehicle MGs

This has nothing to do with accuracy in general because suppression happens whether a shot hits or misses. AOE suppression probably requires a hit as otherwise some weird behaviour with it wouldn't make sense, but grenadiers have a 0.1 modifier on their AOE suppression so that's a really minor source of suppression.

This has nothing to do with blobbing because again AOE suppression is low as hell.

This also applies to obersoldaten basic rifles. And their STGs. No other infantry weapon has suppression apart from these three. I guess it should be noted that Jaeger Lights and Stormtroopers also use the grenadier rifle so they will suppress too.

Two full grens focusfiring a squad will suppress it in several volleys in red or no cover. Yellow cover will protect you from 3 squads but most yellow cover that actually covers anything gets destroyed fairly quick.

Frankly there isn't any change in the statfiles that would explain this so I'm assuming Relic has changed something about suppression mechanics in the engine.

29 Jun 2015, 17:35 PM

29 Jun 2015, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 17:28 PMCruzz
I guess I'll set a couple of things straight here because Alex seems intent on spreading his usual drivel.

Frankly there isn't any change in the statfiles that would explain this so I'm assuming Relic has changed something about suppression mechanics in the engine.

could you like; just say i'm wrong without insulting me? because this shit is starting to get old. And if your wondering why shit got changed in the engine...

Game Data Organization Effort
Previously when we increased the lethality of infantry it was done with a blanket modifier of weapon accuracy and received accuracy. What we have done is adjusted the data so that the actual weapon stats are relative to its lethality. The performance of the unit and weapons are not changed. This is simply a data cleanup effort.

Removed accuracy weapon and receive accuracy modifiers that was used to increase infantry lethality and create a class type. Move respective values into the accuracy of the weapons and the size of the unit.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog/page5

That probably has something to do with it.
29 Jun 2015, 17:41 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

29 Jun 2015, 17:41 PM

I love how upset people are getting over this. It rarely happens in an actual match, I had it happen once to me in 20 games last night (and it didn't make a difference).

It'll get fixed, it's not intended, and it won't make any difference in your matches.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight