Login

russian armor

Suppression for Grens.. Bug/Working as intended?

PAGES (8)down
29 Jun 2015, 15:21 PM

Um no. Every engagement would go to the squad that fires first. Not to mention the long range units would have the upper hand 8/10 times.

I've played alot of 1v1 Wehrmact games, never seen it once, at all.

I agree with you bud, not a good idea.

I would love to see Shocks at max range dealing suppression to red cover grens.:thumbsup:
29 Jun 2015, 15:23 PM

I've played alot of 1v1 Wehrmact games, never seen it once, at all.

I agree with you bud, not a good idea.

I would love to see Shocks at max range dealing suppression to red cover grens.:thumbsup:

It's very easy to reproduce. Just have 1 squad of grens vs any infantry in neutral cover or less, and the infantry squad will become suppressed 10/10 times. ;)
29 Jun 2015, 15:24 PM

Im generally interested if people like the ability for main line infantry to suppress?

That depends if its on allies or axis side.

When rifles could do that, the gates of hell would break open with nerf cries :snfBarton:
29 Jun 2015, 15:27 PM

It's very easy to reproduce. Just have 1 squad of grens vs any infantry in neutral cover or less, and the infantry squad will become suppressed 10/10 times. ;)

No
29 Jun 2015, 15:29 PM

No

Just waiting on the videos to be uploaded...

This is the last thing I will respond to you on until then. If you want to continue spouting shit and lies after that, I might change my mind.
29 Jun 2015, 15:37 PM
Donator 11

Some of you dont experience it because of a simple fact: it never happens to squads in cover, there is no map in this game that would force cons to engage in neutral cover so only ppl who 'forget' to use cover experience this. It also makes a problem much less of an issue.

Btw standing in red or neutral cover should be punished much more than it is now, no matter what faction you play. Right now its sometimes not worth it to jump into yellow cover couse it has not enough benefits over neutral one... And it is and should be core coh mechanic, right?
29 Jun 2015, 15:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 15:24 PMKatitof

That depends if its on allies or axis side.

When rifles could do that, the gates of hell would break open with nerf cries :snfBarton:

But Allied tears sustain me Katitof :snfMarcus:
29 Jun 2015, 15:44 PM

Some of you dont experience it because of a simple fact: it never happens to squads in cover, there is no map in this game that would force cons to engage in neutral cover so only ppl who 'forget' to use cover experience this. It also makes a problem much less of an issue.

Are you implying that cons will win an engagement whilst in cover against a gren squad in cover?

Sometimes, you need to attack a position. Traversing neutral cover is often involved.
29 Jun 2015, 15:48 PM

Fucking lol.
29 Jun 2015, 15:50 PM
Donator 11

Are you implying that cons will win an engagement whilst in cover against a gren squad in cover?

Sometimes, you need to attack a position. Traversing neutral cover is often involved.

It is but it is not fast enough to suppress you, jumping from cover to cover is possible while attacking and distances from one to another are small on pretty much all maps. Also I agree that the supression value is at least to high. Just explained why some ppl dont experience it.

I also have problem beating wehr as sovs this patch but this is mostly due to mgs suppressing in green cover, what is much more of an issue.
29 Jun 2015, 15:55 PM

It is but it is not fast enough to suppress you, jumping from cover to cover is possible while attacking and distances from one to another are small on pretty much all maps. Also I agree that the supression value is at least to high. Just explained why some ppl dont experience it.

I also have problem beating wehr as sovs this patch but this is mostly due to mgs suppressing in green cover, what is much more of an issue.

Ah I see. So you think it's fair that a player facing grens is required to micro hi infantry from cover to cover or be suppressed, when OKW and OKH don't have to do so?

I'm pretty sure Relic said they were looking at evening out the micro requirements for allies, rather than increasing them...
29 Jun 2015, 15:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 15:48 PMNapalm
Fucking lol.

"Fucking lol." indeed! :lol:
29 Jun 2015, 16:00 PM

Its compiling.......

But yes like you said Tatatala, it is a question of how hard something is to use, vs how hard it is to counter. Am I saying this makes "germans horrible OP OMG OMG nerfnerf, I cannot beat this" No I think allies are still able to win depending on the player.
But again it is something you don't have to think at all to use and something that you really have to keep in mind to counter.
29 Jun 2015, 16:00 PM

Ah I see. So you think it's fair that a player facing grens is required to micro hi infantry from cover to cover or be suppressed, when OKW and OKH don't have to do so?

I'm pretty sure Relic said they were looking at evening out the micro requirements for allies, rather than increasing them...

It's the same reason why some people think the new HMG42 suppression is fine but the maxims suppression (or lack thereof) should not receive the same buff because flanking is apparently only something allies should have to do and mindless infantry spam is something that isn't a problem when axis do it.
29 Jun 2015, 16:08 PM

You guys know how small the chance of this happening is right? The reason why it's seen on cons more often like I said is they are you easier to hit combined with the fact they have a high model count.
29 Jun 2015, 16:12 PM

I just remember the Captain on me bug, most people were going Ape Shit over it.

But yeah, this Gren bug is totally fine.
29 Jun 2015, 16:12 PM

Just waiting on the videos to be uploaded...

This is the last thing I will respond to you on until then. If you want to continue spouting shit and lies after that, I might change my mind.

Not a video, but I reproduced this easily.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/437196233201258960/5FF2C643DF22A1957BB6B03F741D94CDFCE974E5/
29 Jun 2015, 16:13 PM

You guys know how small the chance of this happening is right? The reason why it's seen on cons more often like I said is they are you easier to hit combined with the fact they have a high model count.

But the biggest influence of this little bit of suppression is probably that it makes the HMG42 even better. Than the other Machine guns because grens can keep suppressed squads suppressed longer than rifles or conscripts can, allowing the Ostheer player to switch targets more freely.
29 Jun 2015, 16:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 16:12 PMeebies

Not a video, but I reproduced this easily.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/437196233201258960/5FF2C643DF22A1957BB6B03F741D94CDFCE974E5/

But you'll only see it against cons! :megusta:

Thanks for uploading!
29 Jun 2015, 16:16 PM

Why are you defending this, again?
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %