Login

russian armor

Suppression for Grens.. Bug/Working as intended?

PAGES (8)down
29 Jun 2015, 14:30 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 13:58 PMFul4n0

It has been said in this thread that those greens hadn´t LMG, so it is not the LMG, the one giving suppression capabilities to greens.

Well that would actually be fucked up.
29 Jun 2015, 14:35 PM

Indeed it is. It suppresses every infantry squad in the game.
29 Jun 2015, 14:35 PM

Funny thing that this was reported in the Alpha, and it received a "Looking into it, reported".

Seems intended, MVGame.
29 Jun 2015, 14:36 PM

Well imagine charging a shock towards two grens. The grens do not move and do not try to kite they only stand in place, maybe moving to dodge a nade.

The result will be the follwing: Your shocks suppressed and forced of the field.
29 Jun 2015, 14:38 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Indeed it is. It suppresses every infantry squad in the game.

Well I have never seen this happen, and I would understand it when there would be a slight slight chance it would happen when they nade a sqaud or they had their LMG42, but just Vanilla grens surpressing Inf?

29 Jun 2015, 14:41 PM

This is complete bs, and you know it. I tried testing it, and it 100% never suppresses the Ostruppen.

Please don't lie Alex, it's unbecoming, and it clouds the waters of what this thread is about.

Wasn't a lie, probably was just caused by something else is then. Just trying to figure out if it had to do with large model groupings or not
29 Jun 2015, 14:42 PM

Well I have never seen this happen, and I would understand it when there would be a slight slight chance it would happen when they nade a sqaud or they had their LMG42, but just Vanilla grens surpressing Inf?

Give me a few hours and I'll upload the videos to youtube and post them here :)
29 Jun 2015, 14:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 13:20 PMKatitof

Which is a bug as no squad that isn't HMG or doesn't have specific ability should suppress.
Come on, we've been there with old M1919, don't try to excuse it, because there is no excuse for it.

Didn't say it is wasn't a bug just trying to explain what happened. And lol @ your sig
29 Jun 2015, 14:45 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Give me a few hours and I'll upload the videos to youtube and post them here :)

That would be neat thanks fellow Bear!
29 Jun 2015, 14:49 PM

Why do my Grens never do that? But ye, if thats a thing, it certainly requires an immediate ifx.
29 Jun 2015, 14:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 13:06 PMBurts

Coh 2 is littered with nonsensical stat values like this. For example combat engineers have a rear armor value of 7.5 :snfPeter:

Do you really think that stat is nonsensical? You know, engineer units could lack of women... That rear defence was propably much needed
29 Jun 2015, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 13:06 PMBurts

Coh 2 is littered with nonsensical stat values like this. For example combat engineers have a rear armor value of 7.5 :snfPeter:

I'm picturing combat engineers running around with frying pans tied to their butts now.
29 Jun 2015, 14:58 PM

Well I figured out the problem relating specifically to cons: they already have a received accuracy modifier that makes them easier to hit. Adding on top of this the new incremental accuracy mechanics vis a vis model count means that grens can get lucky and get a bunch of hits on a con squad in rapid succession and suppress it
29 Jun 2015, 14:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 13:06 PMAradan

I explained the mechanics rifle sup. ability for player who does not play USF. Nothing more.

You have some personal problem?

And I detailed how the ability works, see? :snfPeter::snfPeter:
29 Jun 2015, 15:04 PM

The sad thing is that grenadiers probably suppress faster than Rear echelons do when they use volley fire. :foreveralone:

But the biggest influence of this little bit of suppression is probably that it makes the HMG42 even better. Than the other Machine guns because grens can keep suppressed squads suppressed longer than rifles or conscripts can, allowing the Ostheer player to switch targets more freely.
29 Jun 2015, 15:10 PM

Wasn't a lie, probably was just caused by something else is then. Just trying to figure out if it had to do with large model groupings or not

Well I figured out the problem relating specifically to cons: they already have a received accuracy modifier that makes them easier to hit. Adding on top of this the new incremental accuracy mechanics vis a vis model count means that grens can get lucky and get a bunch of hits on a con squad in rapid succession and suppress it

It has nothing to do with cons or incremental accuracy. This will work on any infantry squad in the game, from rifles to shocks and anything in between.
29 Jun 2015, 15:12 PM

The sad thing is that grenadiers probably suppress faster than Rear echelons do when they use volley fire. :foreveralone:

But the biggest influence of this little bit of suppression is probably that it makes the HMG42 even better. Than the other Machine guns because grens can keep suppressed squads suppressed longer than rifles or conscripts can, allowing the Ostheer player to switch targets more freely.

Also, Grens will win pretty much every even engagement against their counterparts. Like I said, if cons/rifles are in neutral cover 1v1 against a gren, the gren will suppress them. Closing ground just got a lot harder.

You'll just have to pray you don't need to cross any red cover at all (even for a second).
29 Jun 2015, 15:15 PM

Im generally interested if people like the ability for main line infantry to suppress?
29 Jun 2015, 15:16 PM

Im generally interested if people like the ability for main line infantry to suppress?

Um no. Every engagement would go to the squad that fires first. Not to mention the long range units would have the upper hand 8/10 times.
29 Jun 2015, 15:20 PM

It has nothing to do with cons or incremental accuracy. This will work on any infantry squad in the game, from rifles to shocks and anything in between.

The chances of grens being able to hit a squad in rapid succession is highest against cons
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 40
Germany 740
Russian Federation 38
Netherlands 17
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W