Login

russian armor

Ostheer HMG too strong now

PAGES (27)down
29 Jun 2015, 05:41 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2015, 20:54 PMNosliw
Just look at starcraft. One high templar could kill 50 marines (50 min/150 gas templar vs 2500 min of marines) but no one would say templar is OP. They'd just say get good and learn to micro.

You are comparing templars with MG 42s?
29 Jun 2015, 06:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 00:01 AMNosliw

Agreed that it is shitty for Americans having only access to riflemen for the first few minutes of the game. Maybe we need to think of some new strats as a community though. Mechanized assualt for the early jeep car thingy that I never used maybe? With nades, tech to stuart, who knows what kind of stuff will work if people change their playstyles

Theoretically either recon or mech could work, but you're very much cutting your own throat in the late game. No M1919s, no priest, no E8, no P47's. Para's coming late and with/no control over loadout. I suppose recon's pathfinders will allow you to use the Scotts as blob contol, but recon seems the much weaker early game choice. Ugh. Frankly I suspect that I'm going to switch to soviets when I'm playing allies until there are adjustments made.
29 Jun 2015, 06:39 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Agreed that it is shitty for Americans having only access to riflemen for the first few minutes of the game. Maybe we need to think of some new strats as a community though. Mechanized assualt for the early jeep car thingy that I never used maybe? With nades, tech to stuart, who knows what kind of stuff will work if people change their playstyles

Mechanized:
-Dodge is even worst than an M3 at the moment. It's slow, lacks rotation and acceleration and locks you down on a commander which lacks any late game push. The .50 has almost half DPS in comparison to SU M3 (without taking into account it has 2)
-M3 HT is on a similar fashion, can't be used as clowncar as the SU M5, and doesn't bring anything particualary good for cost and timing.
-Withdraw is buggy with certain vehicles
-Recon
-Artillery: only good thing.

Recon support:
It could be useable IF:
-They fix Rifles recon mode
-They fix IR pathfinders to be able to work as Airborne pathfinders.
-Rework Airborne combat group.

The rest of the commanders are just old meta and nothing changes. USF is a 1 dimensional faction.
-MG arrives late, by the time you have access to Rnade.
-Pack howi is good, but expensive. Attached to an expensive tech. AND they still haven't fixed the price for reinforcement (only unit which doesn't discount 50% of the unit cost when reinforcing)

This leaves you early on with Rifles and more rifles with nades into M20/AAHT/Stuart* into a quick Sherman.
Note: you might also go Elite E8 or Armored if you really want to do something different.

*I'll say good to counter mech play but not as effective as the other 2 options to anything else.

29 Jun 2015, 06:58 AM

You are comparing templars with MG 42s?

Yes. Some units are designed to be extremely cost effective with their ability to hard counter sloppy micro.
29 Jun 2015, 07:25 AM

I don't know who's alt you are in this forum but probably not a good player's one.
29 Jun 2015, 07:26 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Edit: disregard this post. Made a mistake with stats.
29 Jun 2015, 07:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 07:25 AMEsxile

I don't know who's alt you are in this forum but probably not a good player's one.

I am Nosliw. My name and signature should have given you a hint.
29 Jun 2015, 07:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 07:35 AMNosliw

I am Nosliw. My name and signature should have given you a hint.

You are someone who, in the same topic, call people to L2P USF and next don't have a fucking clue how does work the faction.
29 Jun 2015, 07:48 AM

there was a time when people could very acceptably go double mg, sniper into PiV, + a gren squad if feeling guilty, and i fear we may have just reverted.
29 Jun 2015, 08:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 07:46 AMEsxile

You are someone who, in the same topic, call people to L2P USF and next don't have a fucking clue how does work the faction.
If you almost exclusively play as USF 1v1 then that doesn't help your understanding of game balance.

There are topics discussing new strats, because the old ones does not work( 4x RM running into MG42s, wiping the crew and stealing the MG)
29 Jun 2015, 09:18 AM

Add mortar to usf.See how it goes.If still a problem increase mp cost by 20-30.
29 Jun 2015, 09:22 AM

Add mortar to usf.See how it goes.If still a problem increase mp cost by 20-30.

Its overperforming for the cost and its not dependent on availability of counters, it needs cost increase, because its imbalanced anyway, we can also nerf the stats and keep the cost if you like that more.

Elephant always existed and ISU still got nerfs. See?
29 Jun 2015, 09:31 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 06:58 AMNosliw

Yes. Some units are designed to be extremely cost effective with their ability to hard counter sloppy micro.

Erm, high templer does not come at the first minuet of the game and you need to research some abilities. With MG 42 you don't need to do any of that shit.
29 Jun 2015, 09:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2015, 17:53 PMNosliw
Everything about COH2 makes flanking MGs easier. MGs cant see past obstacles. MGs have reduced line of sight. No bike to scout vision. No bike to push riflemen to prevent them from closing. No mines. Not only does CoH2 lack those things, then you add in Oorah ability, early and super cheap molotovs, and smoke grenades from the Americans? COME ON PEOPLE. YOU HAVE BRAINS. IT'S TIME TO START USING THEM. Don't rifle click your 4 riflemen in front of a MG and then QQ when you have to retreat. PLEASE.

This.

Never heard US players complaint about MG42 back in the day.
29 Jun 2015, 10:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 08:05 AM(>-_-<)UFO
If you almost exclusively play as USF 1v1 then that doesn't help your understanding of game balance.

There are topics discussing new strats, because the old ones does not work( 4x RM running into MG42s, wiping the crew and stealing the MG)

Lol, so the only remaining for USF to win OStheer is a Cheesy opening 4RE start win/steal or die. And you are the one mentioning that just after somewhat arguing "blablabla bullshit game balance" :D

We are all doomed. Nosliw and UFO want to be our saviors!!:foreveralone:
29 Jun 2015, 10:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 07:25 AMEsxile

And you are the one who dont have a clue who the good players were.
29 Jun 2015, 11:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 07:46 AMEsxile

You have no games as OKW and almost none in Soviets or Ostheer lol. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.
29 Jun 2015, 11:55 AM

You have no games as OKW and almost none in Soviets or Ostheer lol. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

I'm glad you are mentioning it, I let you search now for my OKW, Sov or Ostheer super advises L2P in the forum B-)
On the other hand you... not hard to found them. :foreveralone:
29 Jun 2015, 12:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 11:55 AMEsxile

I'm glad you are mentioning it, I let you search now for my OKW, Sov or Ostheer super advises L2P in the forum B-)
On the other hand you... not hard to found them. :foreveralone:

You have spent almost this entire thread just throwing insults at people and I have a sneaking suspicion a lot of the problems your having as USF is because you don't play other factions.

Playing one faction and only one cripples you.
29 Jun 2015, 12:54 PM

You have spent almost this entire thread just throwing insults at people and I have a sneaking suspicion a lot of the problems your having as USF is because you don't play other factions.

Playing one faction and only one cripples you.

Are you commenting youself? seriously you telling that, the one in the forum calling anything OP Allied have better than Axis and L2P when Axis have better than Allied. :D priceless.

HMG42 is a masterpiece that hard counter anything USF can field T0 and T1. In that way, yes it is too strong vs USF. That have been my only argument over the unit so far. But you'll probably tell me its a L2P, I have to deal with blablabla... until next patch and Relic releases proper adjustment for USF. And here crying babies will probably change side...
PAGES (27)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS