Login

russian armor

Ostheer HMG too strong now

PAGES (27)down
28 Jun 2015, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2015, 16:51 PMSpanky
I think the HMG's are where they should be now. The problem i see is that people aren't used to flanking or have trouble keeping the flank, because its easy to make a small micro mistakes and you are forced back with nothing gained. I totally understand why people get frustrated, but to play vs a good player that has good MG micro, is gonna take alot of patience and micro to beat. But hard games like that, give more pleasure than frustrating moments when you can't hold your ground because your mg doesnt do shi#.

I think it's more rewarding to flank the mg and to succeed, than to just run in with a blob and run over a crowdcontrol unit.

I'm not sure people will flank, they will just switch faction. Flanking isn't rewarding enough and USF hasn't the stuff to hold the territory won.
28 Jun 2015, 17:00 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2015, 16:51 PMSpanky
I think the HMG's are where they should be now. The problem i see is that people aren't used to flanking or have trouble keeping the flank.

I think it's more rewarding to flank the mg and to succeed, than to just run in with a blob and run over a crowdcontrol unit.

I think you're absolutely right, but I also think it depends on the map you play on. Maps like Crossing just shuts you completely down as USA. You desperately try to stay in the game with teching, but it's an uphill battle from the early game on.

But yeah, in 1 vs 1 the HMG buff is completely fine, in teamgames... not so much.
28 Jun 2015, 17:11 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Yea, some maps are too narrow, that's why i think the best 1v1 maps right now are Angoville, Langres and Eindhoven. (yes i just did that) :bananadance:

There are ofc more fine maps with cons and pros, but the more open the better.
28 Jun 2015, 17:12 PM

Learn to use smoke + closing in with rifles correctly.

If the HMG is activated with AProunds, wait for it to end. Then start harrasing with AAHalftrack/M20. End.

0 USF games, why would anyone listen to you?
28 Jun 2015, 17:23 PM

Not to say those shouldnt be buffed eventually but really?

What else should ostheer have thats the best of its kind in the game?Can they somewhat lack artillery? Thats the one thing they dont have thats the best ingame.. And obviously if their opponent builds artillery then they can just counter that with stuka dive bombs or stuka CAS.

Clearly ,the ostheer QQ wont stop still ostheer is #masterrace all around with every unit being better than its counterpart. They cant lack in any department,and are the only faction that can be that way.

So you support Peewerfer should werf pee like they are now?
Considering the nebels are more advanced than a stupid truck.
28 Jun 2015, 17:29 PM

28 Jun 2015, 17:44 PM

I think CoH2 players who never played CoH1 need to realise that it was even possible to flank MG42s in CoH1 when they had greater vision, unobstructed vision, a bike to scout for the vision, and cheap 25 munitions mines protecting flanks. How on earth did Americans ever flank MGs if they were so good? You had to get good. Stop complaining and step your games up.
28 Jun 2015, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2015, 17:44 PMNosliw
I think CoH2 players who never played CoH1 need to realise that it was even possible to flank MG42s in CoH1 when they had greater vision, unobstructed vision, a bike to scout for the vision, and cheap 25 munitions mines protecting flanks. How on earth did Americans ever flank MGs if they were so good? You had to get good. Stop complaining and step your games up.

I don't have any problem as I recalled flanking Rage6 4 MG42 spam in Angoville in COH1.
28 Jun 2015, 17:50 PM

Honestly all USF needs is t0 jeep
28 Jun 2015, 17:50 PM

Learn to use smoke + closing in with rifles correctly.

If the HMG is activated with AProunds, wait for it to end. Then start harrasing with AAHalftrack/M20. End.

Learn to use smoke and flank vs learn to use MG42. one player need to manage 3 many squad + abilities while the other player just need to plant his mg in the opposite direction.
Like I said, not enough rewarding. And for myself, I don't care about your L2P attitude, I know how to flank, and that why I say it isn't enough rewarding.
28 Jun 2015, 17:53 PM

Everything about COH2 makes flanking MGs easier. MGs cant see past obstacles. MGs have reduced line of sight. No bike to scout vision. No bike to push riflemen to prevent them from closing. No mines. Not only does CoH2 lack those things, then you add in Oorah ability, early and super cheap molotovs, and smoke grenades from the Americans? COME ON PEOPLE. YOU HAVE BRAINS. IT'S TIME TO START USING THEM. Don't rifle click your 4 riflemen in front of a MG and then QQ when you have to retreat. PLEASE.
28 Jun 2015, 18:06 PM

Flank MG-> Get ready to wipe it-> Realize there is another MG covering the one you flanked -> Notice that there is also sniper who snipes your rifles :foreveralone"

Von, can you upload your 7MGs strat? :foreveralone:

It's not about how hard is to smoke. It's about how much micro and resources it requires to counter just MG, while OST can simply throw rifle nade vs 50cal.

Placing MG does not require any skills, but dealing with it with Rifles requires at least some skills, yet you cannot be sure you will flank it, since there may be another MG behind.

It's all about mortar for USF and OKW.

By the way, best HMG, best mortar, best sniper, best at gun,... What's next?
28 Jun 2015, 18:07 PM

In coh 1 Rifles were cheaper, and there's was the jeep to recon enemy positions.
28 Jun 2015, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2015, 17:53 PMNosliw
Everything about COH2 makes flanking MGs easier. MGs cant see past obstacles. MGs have reduced line of sight. No bike to scout vision. No bike to push riflemen to prevent them from closing. No mines. Not only does CoH2 lack those things, then you add in Oorah ability, early and super cheap molotovs, and smoke grenades from the Americans? COME ON PEOPLE. YOU HAVE BRAINS. IT'S TIME TO START USING THEM. Don't rifle click your 4 riflemen in front of a MG and then QQ when you have to retreat. PLEASE.

Meanwhile, you can simply click 4 grenadier squads into Maxims or 50 calls and clear them from the front with rifle nades (or in the case of the maxim, simply attack moving it because it has no AoE suppression). :foreveralone:
28 Jun 2015, 18:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2015, 17:53 PMNosliw

Can you provide a replay, showing these things against a semi good player in coh2 please?

Until then, all your words are wind.
28 Jun 2015, 18:14 PM

Can you provide a replay, showing these things against a semi good player in coh2 please?

Until then, all your words are wind.

That's the problem. CoH2 is full of many many noobs, and decent players are a rare commodity nowadays.
28 Jun 2015, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2015, 18:14 PMNosliw

That's the problem. CoH2 is full of many many noobs, and decent players are a rare commodity nowadays.

That's why I said "semi good". There are plenty of those around, and given your l337 coh1 skillz, I should imagine you'll be meeting them very shortly if you play a few 1v1's.

Looking forward to seeing the replay.
28 Jun 2015, 18:17 PM

So just to repeat an important point, gonna explain the reasoning behind the HMG buff:

- 1v1, Wehrmacht would be overwhelmed and overrun by inf spam in the first 3-9 minutes, got their HMGs, PAKs and GrW34s stolen and then the game ended right there. Both the USF and SU are still stronger and have a higher win rate.
28 Jun 2015, 18:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2015, 18:14 PMNosliw

Don't be shy, you are probably better than you say...
28 Jun 2015, 18:39 PM

The MG actually deals with blobs of cons, and somewhat rifles (they still have smoke) I am thankful for the new buff. It needed it to cut down on infantry spammers which were a majority of Allied players. Good change.
PAGES (27)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 71
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak