Login

russian armor

TOP 10 frustrating gameplay flaws that should be removed

• This thread is locked
18 Jun 2015, 13:41 PM

Shouldnt alts be banned?
18 Jun 2015, 19:05 PM

• Fences: Dudes should know that in a battle, you don't need an order to jump over a fence.
    micro issue

• Green cover: Providing unfair bonuses and stupid. It doesn't require much skills, so that's not encouraging dogdickal gameplay, just rush behind a green cover or inside stone buildings; win.
    unable to deal with core coh2 mechanics = l2p issues

• Allies massive numerical advantage: Axis late game advantage is long gone. Fix their faggot inf and early game hell. Quick.

l2p issue, massive numerical advantage means 3 t34/76 vs 2 Panthers? Panthers should win

• MK2 Nade: Not enough time to react, wide AOE, sick damage. Granted cheap InstaWipe
    micro issue, learn to dodge

• USF T2: As OST, you should spend your whole MP on countering early vet 2 Arnolds, so no enough resources to prepare AT for light vehicle faggotry and abuse

A problem limited to one commander ability

• OKW AT invincibility: I do like to use shermans and T3476s when playing against OKW. But almost every unit this faction has is an AT in one form or another.

l2p issue, you can take out any vehicle with several shermans or t34/76

• P47: It covers the whole map, specially 1vs1 maps

get AA

• Fake Vterancy: Cheese.
    don't even know what you mean, but elite troops training costs a hell and anybody who does it is rather stupid

• Flamethrowers: Their range should be reduced.
    so they become useless? No, crit mechanics were tweaked with the new patch, they should be less of an issue now

• T3485s/Easy8s Base Gang-Bang: Really, should be limited to one on the field.
    No, they need to be unlocked with tech, so axis player has time to field an appropriate amount of AT or counters in time

• HM38: Should be available at 8CPs, revert the minimal nerfs. It's much better than the LeFH, should'nt be available so soon.
    so we have again late game RNG wipes on vetted units? No, 80 dmg sounds much better.

• PTRS dudes and Shocks: Should be available at 3 CPs.
    agree

• USF Magic Glues, Blitz and smoke: Silly cheating features.
    Out of jail cards should cost and appropriate amount of resources, while magic glue is to cheap, blitz & smoke is cost wise fine. Blitz should be offensive ability however

+1
18 Jun 2015, 19:51 PM

>mfw green cover is a bug
18 Jun 2015, 20:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

errr yes, this thread reached it's final stage. Not a fan of watching 6 years old fanboys raging and chest beating lol. The Angry Boys mob trashing every high quality thread.

The problem lies in the attitudes of responders, as well as the confirmation bias of its original poster. You should stop to consider how little proof and/or alternatives you suggested in your original post before referring to it as a "high quality thread."

If your goal is to list frustrating game play issues, your goal is admirable. Frustration in video games due to lack of player control over outcome is an important part of game development. That said, many of the issues you listed are not exactly "game play" issues, and you should devote more time to proving your point, as well as suggesting alternatives. That is, if you would like your post to be of the quality you are suggesting. Examples:

Plane Crashes
The randomness associated with planes crashing and destroying units/retreat points is an example of bad game play. The destruction of the plane, where it lands, and what units happen to be there are (generally speaking) out of the players control. This has the potential for changing the outcome of a game, taking control from players.

Green Cover
Listing green cover as problematic game play, and suggesting it reduces tactics, is not high quality. Green cover creates terrain with different relative value, and adds strategic depth by giving players positioning considerations. It also adds tactical depth in deciding how to overcome terrain advantages with superior micro/tactical choices.

Several responses have also made good counters to your points. You are actively de-railing your own thread and blaming others, its a good way to get the job done.

18 Jun 2015, 20:50 PM
Patrion 14

• MK2 Nade: Not enough time to react, wide AOE, sick damage. Granted cheap InstaWipe

The mk2 has longest wind up time of all thrown grenades (more than twice of that of a Volk nade or bundled nade) and therefore gives you more than twice the time to react (the only nade to have a longer wind up is the rifle nade because it doesn't have a fuse).
18 Jun 2015, 21:09 PM
Donator 22

Removing green cover? Well lets just take away the tactical gameplay out of it. Why would you ever want green cover removed when you are probably the player that just runs around hoping you will win a fight with your troops all in one glob and the enemy in green cover, yet he has far less troops, but hes in green cover, and you lose engagement, your like, wtf??? how is this possible??
18 Jun 2015, 21:58 PM

@TeaMakerMachine You make great threads Tea Maker, I feel your expertise of CoH2 to be short-sighted in this useless site known as CoH2.org, everyone is so disrespectful to your brilliantly created threads. I feel you would be more in-tuned with the intellectual greats over at the Official Forums. Here's a link to the forums they use: http://community.companyofheroes.com/ Simply sign up over there and you'll be joined by the best this community has to offer! No need to stick around over here in this nasty pit of hatred and jealously!
18 Jun 2015, 22:01 PM

TOPZ +/-10 GAEMPLAY PROBZ. (FO REAL)

1. Russian not die in one shot when shot with KaR germany trained to shoot all men in head at longer range than mossyn can shoot what is this bs?!?! Relic read historys!

2. When I need a piss can't pause game so lose battle sometimes because off field (only sumtiumes still got fuel float!)

3. MG-42 no destroy infantry it having OVER ONE THOUSAND ROUNDS per minute why is not more stronk!?

4. Panthers are get pentrate from front- what?! Panther invincible from front because it has armour that is sloped that = invincible is how germany won WWII

5. Need more early game aziz buffs b.cus can lose there but not late game nerfs need to have advantage there still it makes sense because Gross Vodanya

6. Why I not able to win grenadiers at long range wit shock troops cost more bust be betterrelic bgguff!!!!!!!

7. All times I buy IS-2 I am base pin but why must build tiers relic maek call ins better b/cause so expensive and no map control without tierz!!

8. Plz buff B4 is not gud enuff must shoot 6 shot volley

9. Asdfsdfsdfsfsdfsdf

10. Green cover 2 strong

RELIC I expect answer within THREE HOUR!!!!!
18 Jun 2015, 22:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge

my attempt to save this thread even though only bad things will come of it. last chance stay on topic or i lock it. (basically i invised a shit ton of posts :D) i really should just lock it but that would waste all the effort of invising everything. :D
18 Jun 2015, 22:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 22:21 PMWiFiDi
my attempt to save this thread even though only bad things will come of it. last chance stay on topic or i lock it. (basically i invised a shit ton of posts :D) i really should just lock it but that would waste all the effort of invising everything. :D

Was there ever a quality topic to stay on in this thread? Just lock it and be done with it.

90% of the posts in here are sarcastic/troll posts.
18 Jun 2015, 23:00 PM
Patrion 14

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
unknown 11
Russian Federation 29

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L