Login

russian armor

Patch notes for 23rd June

PAGES (33)down
18 Jun 2015, 17:51 PM
Patrion 14

I agree with a lot of the criticism, and I think rolling out the changes gradually (assuming the changes ever get rolled out) is a bad idea. I also think CieZ is right that there are a lot of good steps in this patch. I feel, and I think this is true of other people as well, that the problem is how much they could have changed and didn't (especially vis a vis call-in meta/Ost teching costs), rather than with the changes they did make.

That said, I want to correct one misunderstanding, which is that as far as I understand it the limit on heavy vehicles is for simultaneous units on the field. Meaning you'll still be able to have a second IS-2 if your first one gets destroyed, you just won't be able to have two on the field simultaneously.

As for KTs, I guess I never play 4v4 so I can't really say for sure, but it strikes me that if your army composition includes more than one KT you're doing something drastically wrong, which the allies should be able to exploit. I mean that would be more than half of your total popcap in two large, slow targets.
18 Jun 2015, 17:54 PM

Löl. Guards Motor is op literally since months, and enables decidedly mediocre players (like me) to win with minimal effort and adaptation. Given Relics history of patching, sometimes virtually gamebreaking problems persist many, many months. Just look at the StuG-E for another fine example... anyone remember the Tiger ace of yore, clowncars, what have you?

Also, moderation, give the man some credit, he at least is comedic gold, certainly alot better than the inadvertant trolling and forum drama we get otherwise. Panem et circenses is what the people want!
18 Jun 2015, 17:55 PM
Patrion 14

I second LeYawn, "Ketetof" is comedy gold.
18 Jun 2015, 17:56 PM

Don't know what sniper you have, but it will most certainly die yes.

Yes obviously, thats Because I was Stating the obvious which is what you were doing by saying 4 85s will kill a Stug g
Neo
18 Jun 2015, 17:58 PM

How is Queen still not permanently banned from this forum?
18 Jun 2015, 18:07 PM
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 17:58 PMNeo

18 Jun 2015, 18:18 PM

KV-2 also call in also reduced to 1? With a buff it would be ok, but not this way. Or maybe a reduction to 2.
18 Jun 2015, 18:21 PM

For the people hinting at the "well-known community leaders" being "too rioty", for 5 months I have waited for a mega-patch to fix most of the staleness/bs in this game. After waiting 5 months, only getting 1/5 of what I wanted makes me want to uninstall coh2 and write a long letter to Relic's HR department explaining how much I dislike their slow-ish work ethic for this game. But because I love CoH2 and only want the best for it, I have since release never entirely lost hope. This is why I am making it a note that I find this patch(while a decent patch) unacceptable due to the fact that Relic had 5 Months, Alpha testers, and tons of field runs for changes in such a time period that their blind-sided excuse of "we want to make the transition more of an ease by breaking the mega-patch into 5 different patches in another 6 month time period" makes me want to throw my PC out the window and storm Relic's office in Vancouver demanding I have a personal audience with Quin Duffy asking him why he wants to delay everything in such a inept manner. :snfQuinn:

Btw: We've had mega-patches before, it's ridiculous that we can't have them now to make the game great! :foreveralone: Most of the community also knew the awesome leaked changes Relic were supposed to implement this patch, that they decided not to. :foreveralone:
18 Jun 2015, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 17:58 PMNeo
Don´t worry. I have the feeling he´s on the best way to his third ban. Only a matter of time. People trying to reason with him and all that comes back is shit. See this thread or any other with him involved.
18 Jun 2015, 18:22 PM

Good thread except for the usual flaming and trolling by Queen. Seriously, when is he going to get perma-banned? He adds no value at all to the community.

I like the changes that have been made, and they are step in the right direction, people have to start excepting that Relic never do anything in a hurry. It's not their style. But be patient more changes will come and they are listening to the community as a whole.
18 Jun 2015, 18:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I don't give a fuck what that site says. Read the fucking official forums

JESUS CHRIST! IS IT THAT HARD?

Apparently so:

Super Heavy Call in Vehicles (Tiger, Tiger Ace, Elefant, IS2, ISU, Jadgtiger, Sturmtiger, KV2)
We are limiting Heavy Vehicles to a field limit of 1. We want the players to use the Heavy Tanks to support core units or have core units support the Heavy Tanks. We are anticipating this change will encourage players to spend their fuel on other units within their tech tree as it will be in-efficient to continue accumulating fuel. This also severely effects 3v3 and 4v4 games where players can see up to 12 Heavy Vehicles in a match.•Limited to having only 1 on the field
18 Jun 2015, 18:27 PM

are they too excited and ate the medium call-in changes? (though pretty bad changes for allied players)
18 Jun 2015, 18:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 18:21 PMVonIvan
After waiting 5 months, only getting 1/5 of what I wanted makes me want to uninstall coh2 and write a long letter to Relic's HR department explaining how much I dislike their slow-ish work ethic for this game.

18 Jun 2015, 18:39 PM

Relic had 2 years to balance the fucking game and made us wait months for a patch and this is what we get. Relic doesn't deserve time or pacients they ruined that
18 Jun 2015, 18:41 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 18:21 PMVonIvan
For the people hinting at the "well-known community leaders" being "too rioty", for 5 months I have waited for a mega-patch to fix most of the staleness/bs in this game. After waiting 5 months, only getting 1/5 of what I wanted makes me want to uninstall coh2 and write a long letter to Relic's HR department explaining how much I dislike their slow-ish work ethic for this game. But because I love CoH2 and only want the best for it, I have since release never entirely lost hope. This is why I am making it a note that I find this patch(while a decent patch) unacceptable due to the fact that Relic had 5 Months, Alpha testers, and tons of field runs for changes in such a time period that their blind-sided excuse of "we want to make the transition more of an ease by breaking the mega-patch into 5 different patches in another 6 month time period" makes me want to throw my PC out the window and storm Relic's office in Vancouver demanding I have a personal audience with Quin Duffy asking him why he wants to delay everything in such a inept manner. :snfQuinn:

Btw: We've had mega-patches before, it's ridiculous that we can't have them now to make the game great! :foreveralone: Most of the community also knew the awesome leaked changes Relic were supposed to implement this patch, that they decided not to. :foreveralone:

If you actually manage to do that im gonna donate 1 out 5 million (1/5 :foreveralone: ) that im gonna win on sunday lottery to you :snfQuinn:
18 Jun 2015, 18:44 PM

I mean I feel like a big problem here is that the section of the community that was in the alpha are now in a position where their expectations are completely different from those who weren't part of the testing portion and now the community is split.
Mostly because of an overbearing NDA and the lack of a either public betas or clear communication from the devs.
Perhaps just giving the community a better idea of what they're aiming for during any patch would help.
18 Jun 2015, 18:49 PM

Permanently Banned
Queen bash thread? MVGame

stand in line
18 Jun 2015, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 16:07 PMKatitof

Just because he is a mod doesn't mean he gets any insight on what relic actually does.
Trust me, volunteers rarely know much.

Also, there was a heavy limit in coh1, it only made sense to give it to coh2.
The limits you talk about is bullshit like "limit grens to 3" and it have nothing to do with heavy limit, which was much needed and requested.

Relic said in multiple threads multiple times as long as the KT is non-doctrinal it's not going to have a limit. We can argue all day about it but Relic doesn't want to put a limit on doctrinal units.

If it was the old 425 armor KT then yes I could see a point since it was essentially a Baneblade, but right now it's not impossible to counter. The reason why call in heavies have to be limited is because they are to cheap without teching, by no measure is the KT cheap.

PAGES (33)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS